Confirmed Kevin Steele GONE to Bama

Teams get a maximum of 15 spring practice days, including the intra-squad game that typically caps a spring slate. Everything has to take place within a 34-day window…so yes they could, but honestly it would be a disaster/embarrassing if you had to push back spring ball because you couldn’t hire coordinators.
If we have to push practices because Mario can't hire an OC in a month and a half and a DC in a month, return the checks for the new football facility and call it.

Advertisement
Teams get a maximum of 15 spring practice days, including the intra-squad game that typically caps a spring slate. Everything has to take place within a 34-day window…so yes they could, but honestly it would be a disaster/embarrassing if you had to push back spring ball because you couldn’t hire coordinators.
Mario is more than familiar with bringing about disasters/embarrassments for this program, so I wouldn’t rule it out!

A lot of people did.
If it's Strong, it really begs the question as to why he wasn't the DC when we hired Steele? Just wanted to get both on staff and figure it out later? Or is there more to it?

Fashion Halloween GIF by Fia Oruene
Joe Biden Yes GIF by The Democrats
decisions GIF

mario's brain right now

Advertisement
"Y'all gotta stop letting first year results sway your judgment on coaches. Yall do this all the time. Fans fail to realize how long it actually takes to implement an entire scheme and get the right kids in the building to run it properly."

You're right, this only applies to the DC and not the OC. How stupid of me.

And he never said that Gattis was a phenomenal coach, the way he said that Steele is. You're the one who tried to equate them.

Don't be mad at anyone else for your ****post.

So Cis is smarter than Saban ? Even though this board slobs his **** 247. It seems some folks here have been put in quite the pretzel with this whole development lol. I’m intrigued to watch the squirming.
All this board or at least I can go by is the product that was on the field last year. I don't really care what Saban wants or thinks. Saban can give Steele/Strong the more talented roster every Saturday. They'll be at an overwhelming talent advantage every time they make a call. They did not have that advantage in 2022 and the results against any competent offenses were below average to atrocious. And this is with the all-american safety and future 2nd round pick at CB in the secondary.

If Steele now needs elite talent for his defenses to work I'm happy to see him leave. Go find someone who has had success with less and watch him coordinate a defense that gets more talented as more classes come in.

Advertisement
The facts are that LT played hard half his snaps, and JW and Stevenson were out of position. All three got burnt as often as they made plays.

I'll give you Mesidor and Kinchens played at a very high level. Too bad they couldn't cover the gaps left in the defense by Couch, Flagg, Steed, Ivey.

That sounds like a coaching issue to me.

Now compare it to the offense (which was my point).

And he never said that Gattis was a phenomenal coach, the way he said that Steele is. You're the one who tried to equate them.

Don't be mad at anyone else for your ****post.

I think you're just having some mental struggles here. You can't say don't judge first year coaches, they need time, etc., and then only apply it to one guy because that one guy is so special. He said "coaches" (that means more than one). Which other guys was he referring to, if not Gattis?

Actually he doesn't. He's going to analyze it to death and then Charlie strong will leave before Mario had enough time to make a decision and Mario will realize he can't call a timeout because he already used them all in the first quarter.
This.

Paralysis by analysis and eventually he’ll time out and Strong will walk.

So it’s probably best to start listing names of LB coaches on here along with OCs, DCs and whoever else we need to backfill between now and 2024, bc it may take that long.

I think you're just having some mental struggles here. You can't say don't judge first year coaches, they need time, etc., and then only apply it to one guy because that one guy is so special. He said "coaches" (that means more than one). Which other guys was he referring to, if not Gattis?

Oh good lord, if that's the basis of your cluelessness, it's pretty pathetic.

Dee's a former football player. He's seen "judging first year coaches" up close for decades. You think that because he made a general statement with a plural word, that his intention was to defend Gattis?

Now I've seen everything.

Like I said originally, every time I think I've seen the dumbest porst ever on CIS, another one pops up to take the title.

And right now "I thought when you said coaches you were defending Gattis" is the reigning champ.

Advertisement
If it's Strong, it really begs the question as to why he wasn't the DC when we hired Steele? Just wanted to get both on staff and figure it out later? Or is there more to it?

Steele more recently coordinated a successful defense, thats my guess.

Advertisement
Oh good lord, if that's the basis of your cluelessness, it's pretty pathetic.

Dee's a former football player. He's seen "judging first year coaches" up close for decades. You think that because he made a general statement with a plural word, that his intention was to defend Gattis?

Now I've seen everything.

Like I said originally, every time I think I've seen the dumbest porst ever on CIS, another one pops up to take the title.

And right now "I thought when you said coaches you were defending Gattis" is the reigning champ.
I can see why you're clowned constantly on this forum. I don't know who he was referring to, that was implied with the question mark. Go take your hysterics to someone else who will entertain you further.

Advertisement
Back