Confirmed Kevin Steele GONE to Bama

Strong has leverage…….

CE4854F4-B2D5-462D-855E-247D205AD7B7.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Every time I think I've read the worst post ever on CIS, another one like this pops up to surprise me.
"Y'all gotta stop letting first year results sway your judgment on coaches. Yall do this all the time. Fans fail to realize how long it actually takes to implement an entire scheme and get the right kids in the building to run it properly."

You're right, this only applies to the DC and not the OC. How stupid of me.

Pretty crazy how absolutely abysmal our offensive talent was this past year, yet we had Leonard Taylor, Akheem Mesidor, James Williams, Kam Kinchens, and Tyrique Stevenson on defense and they are called trash. We had no OL, no WR's, and a 3rd string RB all year with no depth. I wanted Gattis gone too, but Steele did less with more.

If he’s promoting anyone to dc it would happen by end of day imo today

He needs to finalize oc ASAP I’m seeing articles comparing him to Scott frosts tenure at Nebraska

Advertisement
trippin.PNG

@WeBallinBoyz , I appreciate you and many other anti-Strong posters. But you're out of your ******* mind not to want Charlie Strong as DC. I felt the same about Steele, too. These guys are warriors. But if your back seven are too slow, dim-witted or checked out to be effective, you are going to lose. Yet we give them one year and burn them in effigy because Manny's crap players played like crap? That's not how you run any organization.

Pretty crazy how absolutely abysmal our offensive talent was this past year, yet we had Leonard Taylor, Akheem Mesidor, James Williams, Kam Kinchens, and Tyrique Stevenson on defense and they are called trash. We had no OL, no WR's, and a 3rd string RB all year with no depth. I wanted Gattis gone too, but Steele did less with more.
James Williams is a jag

"Y'all gotta stop letting first year results sway your judgment on coaches. Yall do this all the time. Fans fail to realize how long it actually takes to implement an entire scheme and get the right kids in the building to run it properly."

You're right, this only applies to the DC and not the OC. How stupid of me.
he-aintlyin-preach.gif

Advertisement
Yea hopefully he makes that decision soon. You think if he leaves he would clean house on defensive assistants

The insinuation (the way I'm reading it) is that Strong will stay on UM staff is 1) he is promoted to DC and 2) someone or some people have to go b/c he can't work with them any longer. My tin foil hat says Strong and Addae do not get along but that's more of a guess.

As for "cleaning house", there's really only 1 coach that will be cleaned out - addae. I don't think Wright/Joe S are at risk but who knows at this point.

The facts are that LT played hard half his snaps, and JW and Stevenson were out of position. All three got burnt as often as they made plays.

I'll give you Mesidor and Kinchens played at a very high level. Too bad they couldn't cover the gaps left in the defense by Couch, Flagg, Steed, Ivey.

Advertisement
View attachment 228379

@WeBallinBoyz , I appreciate you and many other anti-Strong posters. But you're out of your ******* mind not to want Charlie Strong as DC. I felt the same about Steele, too. These guys are warriors. But if your back seven are too slow, dim-witted or checked out to be effective, you are going to lose. Yet we give them one year and burn them in effigy because Manny's crap players played like crap? That's not how you run any organization.
Never made my intentions clear, but merely laughed at the definitive nature of your post. As if a guy who hasn’t been a DC in over a decade is a sure-fire can’t miss candidate. This isn’t 2010.

To make them clear (since you’re so rattled by an emoji reaction apparently)…it’s lazy. It’s a flat-out lazy replacement. There are 25+ DC’s that are hungrier and have much better metrics than Charlie Strong.

But I’m done arguing with people because it goes nowhere. Strong might turn back the clock and be a solid DC, sure. I’d be ecstatic if he fielded a strong defense, who wouldn’t? But haven’t you ever wondered why he wasn’t scooped up or highly sought after as a DC post South Florida? I mean not one gig….

Be careful what you wish for.

Advertisement
Back