2024 Kevin Riley 4* RB from the Heart of Saban Country

I'm all in on Kevin Riley. Looks very good from a size/speed/moves/talent perspective. I prefer Riley to the higher rated Jerrick Gibson.

Again - I'm not against taking smaller RB's from time to time, but I still want the majority of our RB's to be more like Riley's size & talent.
I’m with you. I mean I would take Gibson in a heartbeat and be extremely excited. This kid looks big and physical but with lots of room to grow still. He’s got a bit of that Le’Veon Bell look to him (not as big as Bell of course) with his patience and then explosive steps/cuts.

If he’s 215-220 pounds in a couple of years he could be an absolute problem.

Advertisement
Will be a tough pull especially if Bama or Auburn want him. Both of those schools have elite recruiters on Riley (Gillespie and Caddy).

I’m with you. I mean I would take Gibson in a heartbeat and be extremely excited. This kid looks big and physical but with lots of room to grow still. He’s got a bit of that Le’Veon Bell look to him (not as big as Bell of course) with his patience and then explosive steps/cuts.

If he’s 215-220 pounds in a couple of years he could be an absolute problem.
I 100% agree. And I'd take Gibson for sure, I just prefer Riley.

As for having a 215+ RB - that would be a nice change

2006-23 (17 Years) - Only 1 of our 12 leading rushers weighed 215+
96-05 (10 Previous Years) - 6 of our 8 leading rushers weighed 215+

I think Canes fans have forgotten (or have never really seen here) the benefits of a bigger RB

Advertisement
I 100% agree. And I'd take Gibson for sure, I just prefer Riley.

As for having a 215+ RB - that would be a nice change

2006-23 (17 Years) - Only 1 of our 12 leading rushers weighed 215+
96-05 (10 Previous Years) - 6 of our 8 leading rushers weighed 215+

I think Canes fans have forgotten (or have never really seen here) the benefits of a bigger RB
Is the size difference the primary factor for you? Both look pretty good to me but I agree that if similar in talent, go with the larger player.

Is the size difference the primary factor for you? Both look pretty good to me but I agree that if similar in talent, go with the larger player.
It is for me but admittedly….
real housewives television GIF by RealityTVGIFs

For Riley vs Gibson?

I think they have similar size but Gibson looks a little more compact/stockier.

Riley looks like he has better speed and change of direction quickness. IMO both those traits make the difference for me in preferring Riley.

Gibson looks more like a straight line smash mouth type RB and looks like changing directions doesn't come very naturally to him, which would concern me.

For Riley vs Gibson?

I think they have similar size but Gibson looks a little more compact/stockier.

Riley looks like he has better speed and change of direction quickness. IMO both those traits make the difference for me in preferring Riley.

Gibson looks more like a straight line smash mouth type RB and looks like changing directions doesn't come very naturally to him, which would concern me.

Riley looks a bit like Felix Jones to me.

Advertisement
Riley looks a bit like Felix Jones to me.

I said Miles Sanders earlier in the thread but I can see Felix too. I don't really consider this kid small though....I haven't seen him in person, but is he really 5'11 and 195? That's not small for a High School junior running back. Can he be 5'11 and 210 here? Israel Abanikanda had a pretty decent year for Pitt last season and just got picked in the 5th round, he was no bigger than Riley in HS and I wouldn't say he was undersized or non-physical at Pitt.

It's not like Riley is 5'8 and 175...dude looks pretty solid and shows good wiggle and power.

I said Miles Sanders earlier in the thread but I can see Felix too. I don't really consider this kid small though....I haven't seen him in person, but is he really 5'11 and 195? That's not small for a High School junior running back. Can he be 5'11 and 210 here? Israel Abanikanda had a pretty decent year for Pitt last season and just got picked in the 5th round, he was no bigger than Riley in HS and I wouldn't say he was undersized or non-physical at Pitt.

It's not like Riley is 5'8 and 175...dude looks pretty solid and shows good wiggle and power.

Felix measured in at the combine at 6’0” 200lbs. Although he’s listed elsewhere (that’s from NFL.com) at 5’11” 200lb. Almost a carbon copy and runs similarly IMO. Though Riley may be more physical.

Advertisement

For me I was saying Gibsons size was the question (not QUESTION really because he looks great too) not Riley. Riley looks like a more physical back that’s going to grow into 220 range to me. Great patience and short area explosiveness.

I dig it.

I'm all in on Kevin Riley. Looks very good from a size/speed/moves/talent perspective. I prefer Riley to the higher rated Jerrick Gibson.

Again - I'm not against taking smaller RB's from time to time, but I still want the majority of our RB's to be more like Riley's size & talent.

Riley's film looks impressive. I need to watch him and Gibson back to back.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back