2024 Kevin Riley 4* RB from the Heart of Saban Country

Advertisement
11694030.jpeg

Just curious but how come people keep saying this?

We have taken several recruits already that Saban, Kirby, Dabo have “really wanted”

Not trying to be a prick but it’s different now

Although I agree with your overall sentiment, a running back that is a few miles away from the University of Alabama campus is a little different and much more challenging IMO.

Obviously I will be excited if we get this kid on board soon, but this will be one that I will hold my breath on up until he signs. Regardless of if his camp wants him gone or not, **** gets spooky the closer we get to December.

Although I agree with your overall sentiment, a running back that is a few miles away from the University of Alabama campus is a little different and much more challenging IMO.

Obviously I will be excited if we get this kid on board soon, but this will be one that I will hold my breath on up until he signs. Regardless of if his camp wants him gone or not, **** gets spooky the closer we get to December.
Gotcha. Fair points for sure. Mario has been breaking some rules since he got here. The one I need to see broken is taking some of these elite DTs away from the SEC.

Well, I think Gibson is taking an OV to Bama this weekend. We'll see if they push for him...

Advertisement
Just noticed he got a bump in the last day or so on the composite.

Now up to #81 overall in America.

Was ranked outside the Top 250 as recently as early February.

I really like this kid's film. He reminds me a lot of Miles Sanders. I know we gave Gibson a ton to think about last weekend, but I would be thrilled with landing this kid.

Btw i watched his film last night, he has really good vision and ability to break tackles.
As an eagles fan I can assure you miles sanders doesn’t have good vision or ability to break tackles. I read a tweet earlier today that said sanders had one of the worst after contact yards in the league last year, which is mind boggling behind that OL.

You mope. Stop using logic. 305.

Advertisement

That's why "Verbals" in June/July are literally worthless (especially with NILs & incentives these days). Don't get me wrong, I'd love to hear we layed a smackdown in the next 3-4 weeks, and good chance we will. But lot's of apprehension these days.

As an eagles fan I can assure you miles sanders doesn’t have good vision or ability to break tackles. I read a tweet earlier today that said sanders had one of the worst after contact yards in the league last year, which is mind boggling behind that OL.

As a prospect and in college. Probably had 1500 total yards and averaged over 6 a carry his junior year at Penn State. I don’t care what he did in the pros, he was pretty solid in college.

@DMoney on CaneInsight Episode 45 "The Bank is Open"

Mentioned in the context of Justin Scott as a recruit to watch closely this weekend

Only OV is with Miami
Maybe close to a commitment
Miami feels good about where they are with him. They absolutely love him
Super high up on the offensive target board
Alabama wants him

Last edited:
Advertisement
That’s how you took what I asked you?

Interesting. Pretty dramatic.

This kid seems like an exception to the rule so that’s why I asked.
And he may well be but a top 90 player in the country from that area who has a legit commitable offer from Bama is going to be really difficult. Like it used to be difficult to steal kids from Dade school away from UM.

Advertisement
And he may well be but a top 90 player in the country from that area who has a legit commitable offer from Bama is going to be really difficult. Like it used to be difficult to steal kids from Dade school away from UM.
I think maybe my quote to you came across more antagonistic that I meant it so that’s my bad

I was more saying it seemed to me, not knowing any inside info at all, that things here were an anomaly, plus Mario is showing some clout etc

Didn’t mean to single you out on it either. I’m with you though where it’s like in the past I wouldn’t even bother thinking about this kid because there would be zero shot.

Anyway, 🤞🏼

I think maybe my quote to you came across more antagonistic that I meant it so that’s my bad

I was more saying it seemed to me, not knowing any inside info at all, that things here were an anomaly, plus Mario is showing some clout etc

Didn’t mean to single you out on it either. I’m with you though where it’s like in the past I wouldn’t even bother thinking about this kid because there would be zero shot.

Anyway, 🤞🏼
We pray 😂

This kid is a beast but I’m still waiting on non-optimal bmi approval from @bshaw28

Until then I’m on the fence about taking his commitment
I'm all in on Kevin Riley. Looks very good from a size/speed/moves/talent perspective. I prefer Riley to the higher rated Jerrick Gibson.

Again - I'm not against taking smaller RB's from time to time, but I still want the majority of our RB's to be more like Riley's size & talent.

Advertisement
Back