2022 Kevin Coleman 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Stewart.

He’ll average around 30 sacks per year there, then wonder why he wasn’t drafted in the first round.
Why the top players hiding their interest?

Could it be that they are embarrassed and don’t want any negative comments like you going there with those facilities?

Advertisement
So now people are non-Canes because they are not crying because HBCU’s are recruiting and getting highly ranked black kids?? Okay lol. We all agree it sucks he didn’t come here, but glad he didn’t go to FSU.

I wouldn't have a problem with any of this if (a) he hadn't recently verbally committed to Mario with his whole family present, and (b) he would have had the common decency to contact Mario and explain his change of heart in advance of a circus hat game announcement.

Man it's like bro electing to play high school ball level of completion for 3 or 4 years and try a shot at the pros, gaurentee them boys play one year then opt out the next two years to prepare for the draft. They ain't gonna risk getting hurt vs Bethune when boys don't even play in power five bowl games

ugh Google says via multiple sites his net worth is $80-150M. Who knows the exact figure, buts he def in 8 figures and has FU money to do whatever he wants

First, Barstool Sports is backed by Penn National Gaming. That's where the money comes from. Second, I don't care what Google says, but people need to figure out that a Google search doesn't equate to actual money in the bank. That's why Jeff Bezos borrows money from the bank, because the vast majority of his "net worth" is stock. (Well, that and tax-avoidance motivations)

I just find it strange that so many guys in the working class just think that when a guy hits $100 million, he is suddenly looking to give away 5% of his net worth, in cash...for...WHAT EXACTLY? To buy a few kids for an HBCU? Why exactly? White guilt?

Ruiz is giving money to get his name on buildings and whatnot. Same with the Mas brothers. What is Dave Portnoy getting at Jackson State?

Advertisement
“All my life what everyone call me is just different,” Coleman told 247Sports Tom Loy on the field. “I had to be different. Travis Hunter is one of my best friends. When he made that move I been wanting to make that move. When he made that move I couldn’t leave him alone. I feel like he the best DB and I’m the best receiver. I want that relationship to stay tight. I want us to grow together. I wants us to compete every day against each other.

Advertisement
Portnoy has sold Barstool a few times over, recently a stake to Penn. His personal net worth and his stock in Penn is not what is paying NIL deals Barstool is, much like Bezos doesn't have to pay a NIL deal Amazon wanted would. Deion has been signed to Barstool for awhile, used to do their college football show. It's all tied together but Barstools operating money is separate from Portnoys personal worth.

First, Barstool Sports is backed by Penn National Gaming. That's where the money comes from. Second, I don't care what Google says, but people need to figure out that a Google search doesn't equate to actual money in the bank. That's why Jeff Bezos borrows money from the bank, because the vast majority of his "net worth" is stock. (Well, that and tax-avoidance motivations)

I just find it strange that so many guys in the working class just think that when a guy hits $100 million, he is suddenly looking to give away 5% of his net worth, in cash...for...WHAT EXACTLY? To buy a few kids for an HBCU? Why exactly? White guilt?

Ruiz is giving money to get his name on buildings and whatnot. Same with the Mas brothers. What is Dave Portnoy getting at Jackson State?
1. yes of course net worth is not cash
2. who says these nil barstool deals are coming out of his net worth anyways? cuz 99.9% chance they are not. They are coming from Barstool marketing funds which is prob tens of millions per year
3. i assume T Hunter has to actually promote barstool in some form or fashion to get his nil deal money. so no hes not giving it away for free. And/Or the more barstool helps JSU/Deion (and they get more media coverage..), the more Deion can promote barstool..

Advertisement
It should be pretty easy to recruit against them going forward - starting with the fact that your chances of going to the NFL and getting developed properly, just drastically deteriorated.

And before the race police comes in and says that I'm saying that because it's an HBCU - just look at the facts: Every P5 school in America (at this point) has better facilities, coaches, strength and nutrition programs, etc. It's just common sense. Now can that change in the coming years? Sure - but not now, and not very soon.

A lot of these children are making decisions for the present, not the future...and that's sad. But f^ck em, they made their bed, time to lay in it.
I think talking about a comparison of facilities, coaching staff, tv appearances, program resources and history of putting people into the league is fair game. Obviously there are sensitivities when people start attacking those institutions given the historical roles played in education for those denied opportunities at degrees but if we’re talking football - I think that’s a fair discussion if people want to have it. I also think it’s not worth discussing. A kid choosing an HBCU in football is driven by different factors than what would seem more important for one’s future on a football development level. I’m not even mad. Whatever. We weren’t winning that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back