2022 Kevin Coleman 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to say the same thing I said about Hunter when he made his decision.

If Coleman's intentions are true and he really does want to be a trailblazer.....then God bless him and I have no issue with what either of these young men decided to do.

However, if a year from now Deion, Hunter, and Coleman all magically appear within the FSU program......then yeah, college football will have a major problem on their hands and reform to the current system will be needed.

Let's revisit these two gentlemen a year from now.
I concur. Also why I think that while worrying about Deion at FSU today is not worth the effort, underestimating if it were to come to pass would be a mistake….

Advertisement
I concur. Also why I think that while worrying about Deion at FSU today is not worth the effort, underestimating if it were to come to pass would be a mistake….
It’s been rumored the guy treats his coaching career like a 9-5. That won’t fly at the P5 level. I don’t care how the recruiting goes.

It’s been rumored the guy treats his coaching career like a 9-5. That won’t fly at the P5 level. I don’t care how the recruiting goes.
He’s been his best hype man for going on 50 years. Playing the NIL game. Underestimating anyone is silly IMO.

He may be a terrible in game coach, but well….those guys have P5 jobs too

I honestly don't think Deion is a great COACH. He's going to need great assistants if he ever got a job at a major program.

But what the man can do, is use his personality to influence others and rally them to the cause. I'm not even talking about "recruiting" per se....the man obviously is connected in the corporate world and will be an NIL nightmare if he ever gets a job at a major program.

Advertisement
Hill & Kupp we’re both ballin before they had Mahomes & Stanford throwing to them. If anything it proves if you’re a dog you’ll get an opportunity. Everyone in the NFL is an exception. However, we haven’t seen a legit 5 star or 4 star athlete intentionally go FCS so whatever data you’re using is irrelevant. These aren’t grade casualties or problem kids. They are heralded recruits opting to play for a HOF coach who has deep connections in the nfl. During the combine, we see Deon every year prior to him being an HC. They know he has the network to create a platform for enough exposure. This is new. Therefore, it’s a projection like anything. However, both are high ranking recruits that nfl teams will keep their eyes on for the next 3-4 years.
K

I wonder if it is in excess of a million for Hunter, and a Alabama/Georgia plus amount for Coleman.

It would be hilarious if Jackson State ultimately ends up outspending the $300M that Texas A&M allocated for its players.
From what I read Hunter had a detailed package about making him millions per year. I’d find it hard to believe Coleman has a plan anywhere near that as well. Personally I have no issues with Barstool but if there’s one dude who’d renege on a deal it’d be Portnoy. These guys have also pretty much locked themselves into only Barstool. Big advertisers aren’t pumping money into JSU. So long term they could be at a disadvantage.

Advertisement
"I had to be different" ....then goes on to say he had to do what his friend did. That's not being different, that's going for the latest fad.
1641692535880.gif

Advertisement
Do you really think this is a Deion thing and not a money thing? Why was it not till this year he is getting top players? Also pretty sure these kids were not even born when Deion played. I’m 30 and barley remember Deion playing.

Advertisement
Do you really think this is a Deion thing and not a money thing? Why was it not till this year he is getting top players? Also pretty sure these kids were not even born when Deion played. I’m 30 and barley remember Deion playing.
Not sure how the money + Deion goes away down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back