2022 Kevin Coleman 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
He was spending it on cars clothes and hoes. Still itā€™s part of a bigger movement and with NILs coming on the scene, I think it all fits

He's been with Beyonce for over 20 years. Neither one of them has lavished money on HBCUs. Just being honest, and I have every one of his albums.

I just don't think the countdown to donations is as imminent as you believe it is.

ā€œAll my life what everyone call me is just different,ā€ Coleman told 247Sports Tom Loy on the field. ā€œI had to be different. Travis Hunter is one of my best friends. When he made that move I been wanting to make that move. When he made that move I couldnā€™t leave him alone. I feel like he the best DB and Iā€™m the best receiver. I want that relationship to stay tight. I want us to grow together. I wants us to compete every day against each other.
Coleman is a certified clown.

Anyone have a pic or GIF of the families faces? Only part I want to see of the announcement lol.

Advertisement
Yā€™all continue to over play the competition factor. If the kid shows he can play and have the measurables, heā€™ll get drafted. Why would the NFL overlook him? 2 of the top 10 receivers in the league didnā€™t play fbs ball. Cooper Kupp is about to break records and lead all receivers in every category from FCS & Ty Hill is sketching out a potential HOF career after playing D2. Then you even have Diontae Johnson in the top 10 after playing at Toledo. Then thereā€™s players like Adam Thielen who went D2. Deon has the influence, platform, and reputation to get these kids seriously scouted. They just have to dominate.

As for Coleman, 247 doesnā€™t even project him going in the 1st round. If he gets drafted between 2-4 itā€™s a success.

And none of those guys were drafted in the 1st or 2nd rounds. Those kids went 3+.

Talent will always find a way to the NFL, even from small schools. It's just those small school guys have less room for error. If they lack a physical measurable, a speed measurable, etc, it will lead to questions if they can have the same success against elite NFL talent. If a kid destroys the lower tier, tests out of the gym and shows out in a senior bowl or something, yeah then you have something. But proving it in college against NFL level comp in P5 allows teams to feel a lot better than chancing it on guys with questions.

Man I saw a linebacker throwing to Stefan Diggs, who was throwing to TY, Diontae Johnson, etc. Heā€™s going to have to ball. Thatā€™s all it is. If he get 1k receiving yards, heā€™ll be good. TVD throwing to him would be better but hey.
You really think him getting 1,000 yards is going to impress anyone at that level of competition? I would say that how he performs in practice if him and Hunter going against each other would be more impressive than any competition that he will face in games. This just seems silly to me (same with Hunter). My 11 year old played up a year in lacrosse last year and got better due to playing better competition (and bigger bodies). I would think that others would want to at least run with solid competition to get better or not get bored. I think that Hunterā€™s commitment made more sense than Colemanā€™s. That being said, good luck kid!

He's been with Beyonce for over 20 years. Neither one of them has lavished money on HBCUs. Just being honest, and I have every one of his albums.

I just don't think the countdown to donations is as imminent as you believe it is.
Sure, I was only half serious. Main point was that I can see this escalating at least in the short term

Signing sight unseen is risky for these kids. Especially an EE I really wonder if this kid will make it through the summer. Decisions like this always seem better in thought than in action. Iā€™m sure NIL money definitely helps the cause but unless barstool is paying these guys millions it really doesnā€™t make a ton of sense.

Advertisement
And none of those guys were drafted in the 1st or 2nd rounds. Those kids went 3+.

Talent will always find a way to the NFL, even from small schools. It's just those small school guys have less room for error. If they lack a physical measurable, a speed measurable, etc, it will lead to questions if they can have the same success against elite NFL talent. If a kid destroys the lower tier, tests out of the gym and shows out in a senior bowl or something, yeah then you have something. But proving it in college against NFL level comp in P5 allows teams to feel a lot better than chancing it on guys with questions.

Youā€™re right. None was drafted in the 1st 2 rounds. Teams got them for the discount. You have a point with everything you stated but neither of those guys were heralded recruits coming out of high school either. They will be following these two athletes from from the day they start at JSU. I donā€™t know if they will go 1st round but if they live up to their billing they can get drafted.

ā€œAll my life what everyone call me is just different,ā€ Coleman told 247Sports Tom Loy on the field. ā€œI had to be different. Travis Hunter is one of my best friends. When he made that move I been wanting to make that move. When he made that move I couldnā€™t leave him alone. I feel like he the best DB and Iā€™m the best receiver. I want that relationship to stay tight. I want us to grow together. I wants us to compete every day against each other.
"I had to be different" ....then goes on to say he had to do what his friend did. That's not being different, that's going for the latest fad.

I wouldn't have a problem with any of this if (a) he hadn't recently verbally committed to Mario with his whole family present, and (b) he would have had the common decency to contact Mario and explain his change of heart in advance of a circus hat game announcement.
How you know he ainā€™t tell Mario? He said he didnā€™t tell Deion, not Mario.

I'm just curious what these kids will do if/when Deion leaves to FSU or another school. They're all about doing things "different", but are they going to jump ship?

Advertisement
First, Barstool Sports is backed by Penn National Gaming. That's where the money comes from. Second, I don't care what Google says, but people need to figure out that a Google search doesn't equate to actual money in the bank. That's why Jeff Bezos borrows money from the bank, because the vast majority of his "net worth" is stock. (Well, that and tax-avoidance motivations)

I just find it strange that so many guys in the working class just think that when a guy hits $100 million, he is suddenly looking to give away 5% of his net worth, in cash...for...WHAT EXACTLY? To buy a few kids for an HBCU? Why exactly? White guilt?

Ruiz is giving money to get his name on buildings and whatnot. Same with the Mas brothers. What is Dave Portnoy getting at Jackson State?
Attention

I'm just curious what these kids will do if/when Deion leaves to FSU or another school. They're all about doing things "different", but are they going to jump ship?
Depends on how much of the check has cashedā€¦. Or will cash at the next stop..

Advertisement
Different is another word for whatā€™s cool.

I'm going to say the same thing I said about Hunter when he made his decision.

If Coleman's intentions are true and he really does want to be a trailblazer.....then God bless him and I have no issue with what either of these young men decided to do.

However, if a year from now Deion, Hunter, and Coleman all magically appear within the FSU program......then yeah, college football will have a major problem on their hands and reform to the current system will be needed.

Let's revisit these two gentlemen a year from now.

Signing sight unseen is risky for these kids. Especially an EE I really wonder if this kid will make it through the summer. Decisions like this always seem better in thought than in action. Iā€™m sure NIL money definitely helps the cause but unless barstool is paying these guys millions it really doesnā€™t make a ton of sense.
I wonder if it is in excess of a million for Hunter, and a Alabama/Georgia plus amount for Coleman.

It would be hilarious if Jackson State ultimately ends up outspending the $300M that Texas A&M allocated for its players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back