Kevin Austin

Advertisement
Wiggins is extremely underrated. He is a stud WR

I disagree. Not the fact that he's a stud, because he is. It's just we are recruiting at a HIGH level. There's no more Golden specials. Wiggins is good but these other receivers are just better.

Wiggins isnt a Golden special.... and all this talk about this person being better or that is just opinions. Theyre all very good we wont know whose better until they get to college.

I disagree. Not the fact that he's a stud, because he is. It's just we are recruiting at a HIGH level. There's no more Golden specials. Wiggins is good but these other receivers are just better.

Wiggins is viewed very highly by the staff, he quite possibly has one of the highest ceiling out of any of the receivers we are recruiting if Florida this year

Advertisement

Wiggins has the talent to be the best of the lot. Don't sleep on him.

From what I can tell we're not pursuing Austin that hard, and even if we were, I believe we're not in his plans.

In other words, he's not very likely to come here. So I don't know why all the threads on him

Wiggins isnt a Golden special.... and all this talk about this person being better or that is just opinions. Theyre all very good we wont know whose better until they get to college.

I didn't call him a golden special. I said there's no more of those. Just that our WR recruiting is on another level

Advertisement

Wiggins is viewed very highly by the staff, he quite possibly has one of the highest ceiling out of any of the receivers we are recruiting if Florida this year

Brock man lol If you want to wager Hightower/Pope vs Wiggins I'll send you my Venmo info right now. Wiggins is a stud. In recent years he'd be our best WR in many classes. But we have some straight beasts in this class.

If Moore, Austin, or Thornton commits here in a couple weeks. Then Marshall takes his OV and wants to commit, you think the coaches will tell him no lol

If Moore, Austin, or Thornton commits here in a couple weeks. Then Marshall takes his OV and wants to commit, you think the coaches will tell him no lol

Probably not, but that sequence of events is unlikely.

Advertisement
Two years and this kid will be 6'3" 220lbs with mid-4.4 speed and the unique ability to explode in-and-out of breaks. (that most kids his size don't have)

Kid is extremely underrated by fans IMO.

I understand the concern for his level of competition but he's proven enough at this point. He needed to show-out during the off-season and he has, much like Moore did after his doubters. I somewhat understand passing on Moore because we just signed 2 kids with similar skill-set, but I don't think we have anybody with the potential of Austin. He's a physical specimen. Show me another WR on our radar that looks like him and has his combination of physical traits. 6'3" 200lb high school WR's who run sub-11 in the 100m don't fall off trees. And if they have enough knee-bend to explode in-and-out of breaks at that size...well that's elite.

Pope
Austin
Moore
Hightower
Wiggins

in that order
Hightower nice too. Runs solid routes for a guy his size. Great hands and very physical. I wasn't sold on him before but once I watched him at the opening he blew me away.

I live less than 5 minutes away from IMG and know both the WR and QB coach and am on campus for work occasionally. I can tell you both coaches are extremely high on Hightower. They both have stated they have seen a lot of "5 star" players come through and he is up there with the best of them. Also, great kid, solid work ethic, no trouble. I expect him to have a big year.

Advertisement
Two years and this kid will be 6'3" 220lbs with mid-4.4 speed and the unique ability to explode in-and-out of breaks. (that most kids his size don't have)

Kid is extremely underrated by fans IMO.

So you're saying he could be like an Andre Johnson... Nah we don't need him. LMAO

Wont lose sleep regardless who the last WR is...

This......hilarious that some people actually think we're taking 5 WR's.

We barely need 4.... 5 is ridiculous use that scholly at another position.

So what if Austin commits then we blow Marshall away on his official while LSU has a bad season and he wants to come...Guess what we taking 5 then.

You're assuming the original 3 would stay committed. Taking 5 WR's would be a poor decision even if you get 5 stay committed. We're far past the days of redshirting WR's for anything other injury. There are too many top WR's in SFL every year to be worrying about overloading one class imo. We just took 4 WR's last cycle, taking 9 receivers in two cycles is a terrible idea. You can't get all that talent on the field. You're better off using that scholly at a position thats more developmental like OL or DL.

Dayall Harris
Dionte Mullins
Darrel Langham
Lawrence Cager
Braxton Berrios
Ahmmon Richards
Jeff Thomas
Mike Harley
Deejay Dallas
Evidence Njoku

Berrios graduates, and even if Langham gets moved to TE or leaves and Harris leaves your still at 11 HIGH QUALITY Wr's if you take 4 commitments.

That's not even taking into account our ability to flex out great athletes like Camron Davis, Lingard, Mallory, and Jordan.

Last edited:
I understand the concern for his level of competition but he's proven enough at this point. He needed to show-out during the off-season and he has, much like Moore did after his doubters. I somewhat understand passing on Moore because we just signed 2 kids with similar skill-set, but I don't think we have anybody with the potential of Austin. He's a physical specimen. Show me another WR on our radar that looks like him and has his combination of physical traits. 6'3" 200lb high school WR's who run sub-11 in the 100m don't fall off trees. And if they have enough knee-bend to explode in-and-out of breaks at that size...well that's elite.

This.

Bring me Austin and call it a day at WR

Advertisement
Back