Keshawn Lawrence latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I get it, but this narrative is so old. Miami is not the war zone it's made out to be. Knoxville has a higher crime rate compared to Miami, let alone Coral Gables.

Unless you're the recruit and just don't like big cities or don't want to leave home it's a no brainer.
You gotta realize though 90% of news coverage about Florida is usually bad and that's current which is what his parents most likely see. Also his parents wanna make sure they are sending him to a good staff and area for 3-4 years

At first I was told he was dead set on cane and didn’t want to go to UT at all. Was probably true until they hired Ansley. I get the feeling he likes Tennessee more than was originally portrayed. Torn sounds about right but he likes the idea of Miami and our tradition more than Tennessee. Parents were dead set Tennessee until Saturday night so.. we’ll see.

To see his 7v7 coaches who are die hard tennessee fans tremble at this point is pretty telling. Mad at me because I organized for the entire team to visit campus in March and it got the recruitment rolling in the right direction

I wonder if having another Tennessee boy - Chris Washington - committed now will help in any way. I know it's different schools but still a connection to home.

You gotta realize though 90% of news coverage about Florida is usually bad and that's current which is what his parents most likely see. Also his parents wanna make sure they are sending him to a good staff and area for 3-4 years
They literally had a family member go to miami. He didn't get in any trouble, graduated, and is now in the nfl. What more evidence do they need?

They literally had a family member go to miami. He didn't get in any trouble, graduated, and is now in the nfl. What more evidence do they need?
Yea, we need Corn and his parents to have a heart to heart with Keshawn and his parents.

Advertisement
I agree whole heartedly I was just responding to the comment saying miami isn't bad and all that when all that is reported down here is how bad it is

It’s not so much the crime or anything like that... it’s can my kid stay focused on school and football and not get caught up in everything else going on? Worrying about the crime and gangs and **** might play about 5-10% of the worry.

Advertisement
I get it, but this narrative is so old. Miami is not the war zone it's made out to be. Knoxville has a higher crime rate compared to Miami, let alone Coral Gables.

Unless you're the recruit and just don't like big cities or don't want to leave home it's a no brainer.

Exactly kids go to smaller college towns and get in just as much trouble. Look at Gainesville lol

And this is what I’ve been saying , if it’s not the last couple weeks it doesn’t matter. Mofos stay changing their picks lol.

Recruiting is fluid.. not a surprise to anyone.

I’m sure he must have heard that Tennessee was feeling confident and they would drop the bag to make sure he never showed up to Miami... him showing up to Miami means he might be dead set in coming here or is trying to double/triple the bag

For sure, that's why I started off with the "I get it". This isn't even just a knock on the Lawrence's, just society in general. People simply follow the media like lemmings and rarely do their own due diligence.

Advertisement
Exactly kids go to smaller college towns and get in just as much trouble. Look at Gainesville lol

I mean **** Hialeah is statistically safer than 25% of all US cities. Knoxville is safer than just 3% statistically.

I'm ranting, this topic just gets under my skin especially affecting recruiting and all.

There are far worse cities to send your children to than Miami. You see tons of kids that leave here and end up in worse situations (ahem, Gaysville).

@mjackson6

Advertisement
Ya but that concern is maximized in Miami or USC/UCLA.

Unfortunately perception is reality. I wish some of these parents would look more at the trouble UF, UGA, FSU, etc. players get into, rather than focusing on the big city lights of Miami. In a way, I wonder if going to these smaller college towns and that sense of ruling the town leads to some of these kids doing the dumb **** that can not only get them in trouble, but ruin their lives. Bottom line, if you want to find trouble and have a shaky moral compass, you are going to find it whether you are in Miami, Gainesville, LA, Tuscaloosa, or wherever else.

Their fans are f’ing annoying as sh#t! They’re not total a-holes like the gaytors, but they’re like the annoying girl in high school who stalks you and no matter how many times you tell to go away she’s like “heyyyyyyyy!” every time you walk past her.
Exactly. I live in Vol country (Franklin TN) and they are so annoying. I almost root for UF against them they are so annoying. Never brought myself to do it, but Ive seriously considered it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back