Keshawn Lawrence latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter how many talented, highly ranked recruits Rumph and Banda bring in, people will still focus on the misses. It’s just how most fan bases are.

But more on topic, getting Lawrence is going to be tough. Hope we crush it on his OV. That plus a strong season will give us a chance. May still not be enough. People don’t like to hear it but it’s gonna be tough to reel in the top tier DBs with the bag game being what it is and DB being a prime position. It just is what it is.
The only one that Banda brought in that might come close to his misses is Hall, and that was in the Richt honeymoon class.

Since that class, the list of his and Rumph's misses takes a huge **** on the list of the guys that we have landed.

Yes they are Canes and we love them now, but don't act like we didn't settle for those guys b/c Banda and Rumph didn't whiff on their top targets every time.

Advertisement
The only one that Banda brought in that might come close to his misses is Hall, and that was in the Richt honeymoon class.

Since that class, the list of his and Rumph's misses takes a huge **** on the list of the guys that we have landed.

Yes they are Canes and we love them now, but don't act like we didn't settle for those guys b/c Banda and Rumph didn't whiff on their top targets every time.
Who did we settle on in the last 2 classes at db outside of bethel who has upside? Ain’t no complaints from me with any of the takes actually. This 2 year haul in fact has had more talent than Miami has brought in over a decade in back to back classes and it isn’t close imo.

Gurvan Hall
Gilbert frierson
Al blades
Dj ivey
Nigel bethel

Christian williams
Bubba bolden
Keontra smith
Tecory couch

Keontra and elite athlete and dog on the field. Showed out every week at his highschool and played very well at the army game. He’s very much so in the mold of Jaquan who was an in the box safety but very effective. So think of a a little bigger and much more athletic Jaquan Johnson because that’s what he is. In our scheme he will be an effective player. Due to his athleticism I dont Think he will struggle in coverage at all
You would have to be insane or have never seen Jaquan's HS highlights to compare the two and say that Smith is the more athletic.

Jaquan's HS highlights reminded most of Ed Reed with his great ball skills.

Their size is about the only thing you can compare.

Smith hits harder and is bigger, but no way will he be as good a Safety as Jaquan, who is the best Safety we have had here since Phillips and Meriweather.

Just b/c someone commits to us, does not mean we need to hype them up this much.

Like I said, I am happy Smith is a Cane and wanted him in this class, but we were also supposed to land either $tevenson or Battle or even Nun at FS to go along with him as the box Safety.

You would have to be insane or have never seen Jaquan's HS highlights to compare the two and say that Smith is the more athletic.

Jaquan's HS highlights reminded most of Ed Reed with his great ball skills.

Their size is about the only thing you can compare.

Smith hits harder and is bigger, but no way will he be as good a Safety as Jaquan, who is the best Safety we have had here since Phillips and Meriweather.

Just b/c someone commits to us, does not mean we need to hype them up this much.

Like I said, I am happy Smith is a Cane and wanted him in this class, but we were also supposed to land either $tevenson or Battle or even Nun at FS to go along with him as the box Safety.
No I can Quite confidently say Keontra smith is more ATHLETIC than Jaquan. Did you forget That Jaquan tested as one of the worst athletes ever to come to the combine at safety? You are sleep on smith period. He is the goods

Who did we settle on in the last 2 classes at db outside of bethel who has upside? Ain’t no complaints from me with any of the takes actually. This 2 year haul in fact has had more talent than Miami has brought in over a decade in back to back classes and it isn’t close imo.

Gurvan Hall
Gilbert frierson
Al blades
Dj ivey
Nigel bethel

Christian williams
Bubba bolden
Keontra smith
Tecory couch

2018:
We settled on Bethel after whiffing on Josh Jobe, Tyson Campbell, Patrick Surtain Jr (never a real shot IMO) and Asante Samuel.

Blades was always coming b/c he is a legacy, but didn't even start his Sr year in HS behind a guy (Samuels) we slow played like idiots thinking we had others locked up.

We also took one less DB than we wanted in addition to settling for Bethel b/c we were hard after closing up with Jobe and Campbell to add to Hall, Frierson, Blades and Ivey.

2019:

We 100% settled for Tecory Couch(tiny) and Keontra Smith(no ball skills) as both got their offers after our better options started falling through.

We settled for Bubba Bolden (yes even though he is a stud) b/c we knew we weren't getting $tevenson who was at the top of the board for the whole class.

Nobody knew about Christian Williams till super late in the cycle when L$U was almost full but would still take him and Baga only wanted him as a EE, so Rumph got lucky as **** and landed his highest rated recruit yet.

Yes we have some good DBs on this roster, but don't act like we didn't want many others ahead of these guys and just whiffed and moved onto the next guy down our list.

It happens to every coaching staff, just happens to these two a little more than others b/c they aren't good recruiters.

So should I stop following the Canes now broke b/c I don't keep my orange and green glasses on at all times, blinding me to reality?

Advertisement
2018:
We settled on Bethel after whiffing on Josh Jobe, Tyson Campbell, Patrick Surtain Jr (never a real shot IMO) and Asante Samuel.

Blades was always coming b/c he is a legacy, but didn't even start his Sr year in HS behind a guy (Samuels) we slow played like idiots thinking we had others locked up.

We also took one less DB than we wanted in addition to settling for Bethel b/c we were hard after closing up with Jobe and Campbell to add to Hall, Frierson, Blades and Ivey.

2019:

We 100% settled for Tecory Couch(tiny) and Keontra Smith(no ball skills) as both got their offers after our better options started falling through.

We settled for Bubba Bolden (yes even though he is a stud) b/c we knew we weren't getting $tevenson who was at the top of the board for the whole class.

Nobody knew about Christian Williams till super late in the cycle when L$U was almost full but would still take him and Baga only wanted him as a EE, so Rumph got lucky as **** and landed his highest rated recruit yet.

Yes we have some good DBs on this roster, but don't act like we didn't want many others ahead of these guys and just whiffed and moved onto the next guy down our list.

It happens to every coaching staff, just happens to these two a little more than others b/c they aren't good recruiters.

So should I stop following the Canes now broke b/c I don't keep my orange and green glasses on at all times, blinding me to reality?
done discussing it, ain’t nobody “settle” for Keontra smith or bubba bolden period lol

No I can Quite confidently say Keontra smith is more ATHLETIC than Jaquan. Did you forget That Jaquan tested as one of the worst athletes ever to come to the combine at safety? You are sleep on smith period. He is the goods
Please go back and watch Jaquan's HS film and compare it to Smith.

I don't care what he just did in the combine.

The game is played on the field, and I can say with absolute certainty that Keontra Smith will not be a better Safety than Jaquan Johnson at Miami.

You are obviously downplaying what Jaquan did for us the last 2 seasons b/c of a combine.

Please name a better Safety here the last decade....

More like you are asleep on just how good Jaquan was for us and just think the next guy is going to do better b/c he is an inch taller and maybe a little faster yet doesn't come close to the type of ball skills and leadership that Jaquan has.

Not to mention Pruitt brought the secrets of how the bag game is supposed to run from Baga to Tenne$$ee like Kirby took with him to Athens.

Expect a top 5-10 class from those sister fvckers as long as Pruitt is there.

**** I wish they would have kept Schiano lmao.

Tennessee has always had the bag game but that couldn't overcome the terrible coaches they had.

2018:

2019:

You hurt it’s ok keep crying it’ll help

Advertisement
done discussing it, ain’t nobody “settle” for Keontra smith or bubba bolden period lol
When you strike out on your top targets, then go down the list, you are settling for the next player down the list.

That does not make the player you settled for a bad player.

Is this hard for your sunshine pumping *** to understand?

Please go back and watch Jaquan's HS film and compare it to Smith.

I don't care what he just did in the combine.

The game is played on the field, and I can say with absolute certainty that Keontra Smith will not be a better Safety than Jaquan Johnson at Miami.

You are obviously downplaying what Jaquan did for us the last 2 seasons b/c of a combine.

Please name a better Safety here the last decade....
Sheldrick redwine in his senior year was better than Jaquan imo , nfl teams thought the same apparently.

Reading comprehension is key I said he’s in the mold of Jaquan Johnson meaning he can be that enforcer playing primarily in the box but still be considered to be a safety . I didn’t say he was or will be better than Jaquan but he IS a better athlete and bigger than him and play similar in respect to their specific defenses, how are you even disputing that at this point

When you strike out on your top targets, then go down the list, you are settling for the next player down the list.

That does not make the player you settled for a bad player.

Is this hard for your sunshine pumping *** to understand?

If Jordan Battle is as pro-Miami from jump street as Duke Johnson, does Keontra Smith get an offer? Fair question.

If the answer is no, then yes, Miami settled with Smith. And like you said, that's not a bad thing. Smith may very well wind up being better. But every staff has a board. And if you miss out on a higher kid and get a lower kid on that board, you settled. Really not a debate.

Advertisement
You hurt it’s ok keep crying it’ll help
Ok, dumb response as nobody is crying, just pointing out facts that some people refuse to believe.

And who is acting hurt?

Got anything better than that sunshine?

Last edited:
It’s not some interesting position, there is talent there. And the db coaches have done more with less than they have now in terms of talent in recent years

I agree there is talent there and Rumph does a great job but I just dont get why elite kids are not coming especially at CB we dont have this issue at WR or RB i love Rumph tho

If Jordan Battle is as pro-Miami from jump street as Duke Johnson, does Keontra Smith get an offer? Fair question.

If the answer is no, then yes, Miami settled with Smith. And like you said, that's not a bad thing. Smith may very well wind up being better. But every staff has a board. And if you miss out on a higher kid and get a lower kid on that board, you settled. Really not a debate.
Miami wasn't even after battle until late in the cycle and they were already fighting for Smith before they pushed for battle. You are reading to much into rankings. We were after keontra longer and harder than we were for battle.

Advertisement

Thank you

Since Hall, Banda has had his lunch taken like a MFer.

All in on Jobe, got played.

All in on $tevenson, got played

Went hard after both Battle and Nun and struck out.

This cycle alone he has lost his top 2 Safety commits in Avantae Williams and Ladarius Tennison.

I can almost guarantee that both Banda and Rumph will get played again this cycle, probably by this kid.
What do you mean get played? They recruited the best prospects and didn’t land them. That doesn’t mean they got played just means they aren’t elite recruiters. And what was Banda supposed to do not accept the commitments from Williams and Tennison?

I remember an article from the spring with Keontra being all upset Miami hadn't offered him even after offering some of his teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back