Kermit Whitfield tidbit

AG wants players that want to be a Hurricane!

I'm not directing this towards you, but I really hate when people say this. A year ago, would you have said that Tracy "wanted to be a Cane", no. That is what recruiting is all about, selling these kids on your program, even if they may initially prefer another school.

Lol thank you for saying this. Your right, people get caught up way too much in that Internet cliche phrase. These kids who get recruited by all the college football powerhouses, have worked their *** off to get in that position, and/or they have crazy athletic ability.

Advertisement
Starting to hate him more & more..... what happened to all the love he was talking about UM..... whatever

Hating a 17/18 year old for enjoying the recruiting process? Priorities bro

Agreed. The kid was up front with the staff about what was going on. I still hope we get him but if we could land someone like Coley then he would probably get left out.

I'm a huge Kermit fan. It's rare to find a guy with elite speed and quickness. Guys like Ted Ginn and Marvin Bracy are speedsters with no quicks. Then you have your Davone Bess and Thearon Collier-types with great quickness and no speed. Kermit has both, which makes him extremely dangerous.

To add to what D Money said, this team is really lacking ELITE speed in a bad way and he could fill that hole

My favorite part about him (other than speed) is he goes and gets the ball. He is tough for a smaller guy and seems to adjust to the ball well. More polished than a lot of pure speed guys.

Ohio St. is definitely a big threat though.

Advertisement
To add to what D Money said, this team is really lacking ELITE speed in a bad way and he could fill that hole

I have been saying that forever. In college, the effect of elite speed is even more pronounced than the pro game. You can't really teach it to that level, and, in a game defined by big plays, these guys are the ones who bail the team out on any given play. The stress they put on the defense is enormous. Coaches have to game plan around them, defensive players get rattled more easily, and when you have it at more than one position, it's mind-numbing for opposing teams.

I'm a huge fan of what Golden is doing with this program but the speed issue is one that bothers me. It will have to be addressed in one way or another and soon.

I have been saying that forever. In college, the effect of elite speed is even more pronounced than the pro game. You can't really teach it to that level, and, in a game defined by big plays, these guys are the ones who bail the team out on any given play. The stress they put on the defense is enormous. Coaches have to game plan around them, defensive players get rattled more easily, and when you have it at more than one position, it's mind-numbing for opposing teams.

And aside from Philip Dorsett, who has it on the roster?

It's rare that one team loses as much speed as we lost last year, especially from a 6-6 team.

Advertisement
I'm a huge Kermit fan. It's rare to find a guy with elite speed and quickness. Guys like Ted Ginn and Marvin Bracy are speedsters with no quicks. Then you have your Davone Bess and Thearon Collier-types with great quickness and no speed. Kermit has both, which makes him extremely dangerous.

Agreewith this. You're describing devin hester. Speed + quickness = danger.

lol. You guys sold me. I've been advocating taking only one WR this class (aside from AJL) - Coley. If he doesnt make it in, then take no one and save the ship for another position. Add Whitfield as the other option to Coley in the class then.

But then what about Estime? Is he on the same level as Whitfield as far as speed/quickness?

Advertisement
I think some of the "Players that want to be a Hurricane", also means players that just don't think because they are a Hurricane they are automatic 1st rounders after their Junior year.

His name is KERMIT.

He has an open invite to play at the University anytime he wants.

Advertisement

this. i love the kid. looks like Roscoe Parrish on roids

Advertisement
Back