Keontra Smith says surprise commit soon

I'm glad that Richt is open to adopting a spread offensive scheme. I just hope it's someone else's scheme with that same someone calling the plays.

Richt's mic on his headset should be muted until the ball is snapped. Sorry, Richt.....but it's straight listen mode for you, good sir!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
We need 3 WR for sure. I spots are locked down next year. Haslewood sees playing time day 1 and may be a starter. The WR room went from being “deep” to wide open in the span of 3 months. They should to renew Cagers scholarship after this year and move forward with Hightower, Wiggins, Pope, Harley, Njoku, Ezzard, Haselwood, Payton and one more.

We need 3 WR for sure. I spots are locked down next year. Haslewood sees playing time day 1 and may be a starter. The WR room went from being “deep” to wide open in the span of 3 months. They should to renew Cagers scholarship after this year and move forward with Hightower, Wiggins, Pope, Harley, Njoku, Ezzard, Haselwood, Payton and one more.

I think its 50/50 whether Cager does the grad transfer thing. His body language is just ****.

Advertisement
The Patriots have a bunch of rings with WRs who had, at best, average speed, but glue hands and the balls to go over the middle.

Catching the ball should be #1. I don't care if next year we have five 5'7" WRs who run 4.5 40s as long as they don't drop passes.

Advertisement
The Patriots have a bunch of rings with WRs who had, at best, average speed, but glue hands and the balls to go over the middle.

Catching the ball should be #1. I don't care if next year we have five 5'7" WRs who run 4.5 40s as long as they don't drop passes.
Alshon Jeffrey, Michael Thomas, Hopkins isnt a burner, Juju, Mike Williams

I was cool with 1 WR over the summer, but 2 was always the goal, if the 2nd one (in addition to Payton) was a game-changer.

A 2nd WR would be a luxury, not a need. Well, now say bye-bye to Thomas and Ahmmon. Here's the 2019 Depth Chart, and this is assuming Cager comes back (no need for the comedians to say "WhERe WouLD hE Go?!", we get it. But there is a chance he could leave.) And of course assuming no one transfers, which isn't a lock. When you look at this, IMO 3 WRs are a need at this point:

Lawrence Cager R-Sr.
Mike Harley Jr.
Evidence Njoku, R-So.
Mark Pope, So.
Brian Hightower, So.
Dee Wiggins, So.
Marquez Ezzard, R-Fr.

1 senior, 1 junior, 4 sophomores, and a freshman. That's only 7 scholarship WRs. For comparison, headed into this season we had 11 (Ahmmon hurt, Thomas dismissed, Langham & Mayweather graduating). So IMO we need 3. Payton, Haselwood, and either Jones or Dunmore would be fantastic.

I was cool with 1 WR over the summer, but 2 was always the goal, if the 2nd one (in addition to Payton) was a game-changer.

A 2nd WR would be a luxury, not a need. Well, now say bye-bye to Thomas and Ahmmon. Here's the 2019 Depth Chart, and this is assuming Cager comes back (no need for the comedians to say "WhERe WouLD hE Go?!", we get it. But there is a chance he could leave.) And of course assuming no one transfers, which isn't a lock. When you look at this, IMO 3 WRs are a need at this point:

Lawrence Cager R-Sr.
Mike Harley Jr.
Evidence Njoku, R-So.
Mark Pope, So.
Brian Hightower, So.
Dee Wiggins, So.
Marquez Ezzard, R-Fr.

1 senior, 1 junior, 4 sophomores, and a freshman. That's only 7 scholarship WRs. For comparison, headed into this season we had 11 (Ahmmon hurt, Thomas dismissed, Langham & Mayweather graduating). So IMO we need 3. Payton, Haselwood, and either Jones or Dunmore would be fantastic.

You're showing us bodies but not production. We need WR's who can make plays. Harley and Cager have proven to be below average. The rest of those guys still have a lot to prove.

If Dugans thinks we have 3 guys who can come in and make an impact we take all 3.

You're showing us bodies but not production. We need WR's who can make plays. Harley and Cager have proven to be below average. The rest of those guys still have a lot to prove.

If Dugans thinks we have 3 guys who can come in and make an impact we take all 3.

I'm not sure you understand how recruiting works. Yes, we need kids who can make plays. Obviously. But you have other positions on your football team. You can't have 14 scholarship WRs. Nor would you want to have 4, or else we'll bring back the corpse of Brian Monroe and have him run routes in spring ball. "You're showing us bodies".....yes, exactly. You want to upgrade your talent every year, always. Clearly. But what I'm trying to say is the numbers....i.e. "bodies"....allow Miami to for sure take 3 WRs this year. It was stated many times over the summer that 1 WR was fine, possibly 2 if you can get a kid like Ladson (at the time), or now Haselwood. But with Ahmmon done (although he probably was NFL bound anyway), and JT4 kicked out, you need more bodies. I will say that the fact that no one really emerged this year helps the decision to take an additional WR. But the numbers dictate that. With only 7 kids coming back next year, at best, you definitely want to take 3 WRs. 2 at an absolute minimum. That's why you've seen kids like TJ Jones emerge and increased dialogue with Dunmore.

Advertisement
Back