Kentucky Derby

Does anyone remember reading about folks in far west Dade County running illegal operations where they would buy broken down or discarded horses to slaughter for their meat? Apparently there is a black market for this. I remember reading article on one particular horse who was rescued from this industry via a massive sting operation. The officers involved, most of whom knew nothing about the rearing of these animals, decided to donate money and time on badly emaciated horse who they later learned was descendant of Secretariat. He had raced all over country and world such as Japan and Saudi Arabia, but was mostly unsuccessful hence how he ended up at black market auction.

Advertisement
jennifer connelly horse GIF

Does anyone remember reading about folks in far west Dade County running illegal operations where they would buy broken down or discarded horses to slaughter for their meat? Apparently there is a black market for this. I remember reading article on one particular horse who was rescued from this industry via a massive sting operation. The officers involved, most of whom knew nothing about the rearing of these animals, decided to donate money and time on badly emaciated horse who they later learned was descendant of Secretariat. He had raced all over country and world such as Japan and Saudi Arabia, but was mostly unsuccessful hence how he ended up at black market auction.

Horse meat cures AIDS. You didn't know that?

Since we are ruining a celebratory thread in style…

Lucky rabbits’ feet are offensive!

Horse shoes? - WTF?!?! — at least make them Nike, amirite @Rellyrell

Advertisement

Yup, about a decade ago or thereabouts.

I wonder how old the horse flesh laws have been around.

Pppppfffttt....No it doesn't...everyone knows only Bavarian Unicorn meat does that..t
dance rainbow GIF
Good point.

BUM (Bavarian Unicorn Meat) is the only known cure for full blown AIDS.

Redlands horse meat will only cure HIV. Hilarious that people think that Magic Johnson just accidentally fell in love with Knaus Berry Farms cinnamon buns and Robert is Here shakes.

horse. the "other" red meat.

here's a good video of the owner of the winning horse as the race progresses.

considering his competition, billion dollar owners, this victory is like MTSU beating Miami winning the national championship.

Advertisement
Many, many in the racing environment are for sure. Trainers have been fired, had licenses suspended by states. Lot of nasty things go on.
At dump tracks where they have claiming races for 12k sure.

horse. the "other" red meat.

On Gordon Ramsay's BBC show "The F Word", he did a couple of reports on eating horse meat. They then tried to set up a tasting station at a horse race...and it did not go well.

This is the edited-down version.

Advertisement
Has anyone seen a Vet strapon the glove and go shoulder deep in a horse's ***?

It's equal parts Vegas magic trick and Hellraiser scene.

I love horse racing as much as I love the Canes. The worst part of the sports is breakdowns 7 horses is extremely unusual. Someone mentioned Santa Anita who had a rash of breakdowns in 2019. No one mentions that there were zero there in 2022.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back