Kentucky Derby

Advertisement
I
Hey man, we don't judge you here.

Whatever does it for you, so long as you are safe and get the horse's consent.

We accept you.

🤣🤣
I was drunk... The Dr. said I was cute... And then.....
Oooooo GIF

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I love horse racing as much as I love the Canes. The worst part of the sports is breakdowns 7 horses is extremely unusual. Someone mentioned Santa Anita who had a rash of breakdowns in 2019. No one mentions that there were zero there in 2022.

No one mentioned it because its not true. Twelve horses died at Santa Anita in 2022 and there have been seven more deaths so far in 2023.

A friend of mine was an actor on an HBO show called Luck a few years ago with Dustin Hoffman. Took place at a track. So many horses died during production they had to cancel the series. And it was good. And they weren't even racing hard. It was limited.

Between 700 and 800 racehorses are injured and die every year in America, with a national average of about two breakdowns for every 1,000 starts. Think about that is baseball terms. Imagine if a batter died once in every 500 at bats. According to The Jockey Club's Equine Injury Database, nearly 10 horses died every week at American racetracks in 2018.

It's a problem at every track, every year, its an epidemic.

Advertisement
No one mentioned it because its not true. Twelve horses died at Santa Anita in 2022 and there have been seven more deaths so far in 2023.

A friend of mine was an actor on an HBO show called Luck a few years ago with Dustin Hoffman. Took place at a track. So many horses died during production they had to cancel the series. And it was good. And they weren't even racing hard. It was limited.

Between 700 and 800 racehorses are injured and die every year in America, with a national average of about two breakdowns for every 1,000 starts. Think about that is baseball terms. Imagine if a batter died once in every 500 at bats. According to The Jockey Club's Equine Injury Database, nearly 10 horses died every week at American racetracks in 2018.

It's a problem at every track, every year, its an epidemic.
As I stated in other posts, it's been happening for a long long time...

Advertisement
Back