Kenny McIntosh JR Highlights

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
When McIntosh gets discussed on here, we are usually comparing his running ability to Sanders or Crowley. But IMO there hasn't been enough appreciation of his pure talent as an athlete and football player.

This is a naturally big 6'1, 208 pound teenager who has been producing on varsity since 8th grade. Note the second and last plays of this highlight reel (both on defense). That may provide a glimpse into the future:

Advertisement
The big question is would McIntosh be willing to play another position in college, or is he dead set on RB?

Kids like him and Richards need to realize that their NFL future could be much brighter and longer on defense (especially Richards at FS).

RBs have the shortest lifespan in the NFL.

They don't really make nearly what they used to, and NFL teams will not hesitate to trade most after even a solid season.

Advertisement
The big question is would McIntosh be willing to play another position in college, or is he dead set on RB?

I think he just wants a shot at RB. And we should give it to him.

Two of our all-time greats (Jim Kelly and Clinton Portis) only ended up at Miami because their hometown schools wanted to convert them to defense. Even Brett Favre was recruited as a safety.

Let McIntosh compete at RB, and if the other guys are better, he has a home at LB.

Well then is he willing to be a part of this class if the following happens:

Trey Sanders commits

Marcus Crowley stays committed

Mark Antony Richards commits with the opportunity to play RB (same opportunity we would be giving McIntosh).

I 100% agree with the idea to let Richards and McIntosh come here to play whatever they want and figure it out later, but would they see 2 pure RBs committed already (Crowley and Sanders in this ^^^ scenario) and still want to be a part of this class knowing it is an uphill battle to get playing time at RB with those 2 committed and Lingard & Davis from 2018 also on the depth chart.

They may think we are just telling them what they want to hear, and don't think for a second, opposing teams won't be selling that hard to them.

I personally want both Richards and McIntosh to play defense here.

We may be able to bring in one of these guys (Richards or McIntosh) as an ATH with a real shot at RB but might end up on defense, but doubt we convince both.

If I had to choose one, it would be Richards though.

IMO he is the better of the 2.

Advertisement
I think he just wants a shot at RB. And we should give it to him.

Two of our all-time greats (Jim Kelly and Clinton Portis) only ended up at Miami because their hometown schools wanted to convert them to defense. Even Brett Favre was recruited as a safety.

Let McIntosh compete at RB, and if the other guys are better, he has a home at LB.
if Sanders commits, then what? you'll already have Crowley and Sanders

We still on Carter pretty hard, too.

I just tell Richards abd McIntosh (and mean it) at the very least theyll get mulriple touches per game on offense and special teams.

@DMoney , Crowley has also been mentioned at possibly having a future at another position besides RB. Which puts us at recruiting 3 guys without true positions.

How do you see this playing out for these three?

Richards
Crowley
Mcintosh

Also any word on how the other brother likes it at Notre Dame, I can't remember did we recruit him hard?

Advertisement
@DMoney , Crowley has also been mentioned at possibly having a future at another position besides RB. Which puts us at recruiting 3 guys without true positions.

Richards
Crowley
Mcintosh

Also any word on how the other brother likes it at Notre Dame, I can't remember did we recruit him hard?
The brother got kicked out of Notre Dame

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...cintosh-among-players-dismissed-by-notre-dame

Richards
Crowley
Mcintosh

Deon has a twin sister, once she got into St. Mary's, it was pretty much clear Deon was headed to ND

Advertisement
Young Mac will be a Cane. I love him as a running back - great vision, good pad level, and hits it when he runs between the tackles. Not enough film to see how he'd play LB or safety based on the small sample size, but no question he's an excellent athlete.

Advertisement
Back