Kendall Jackson 2024 3* DL Came To His Senses and Commits to the Canes

Advertisement
Also a bit of context, and someone correct me if I’m wrong, but everyone was expecting an excellent DL class overall. We threw a gigantic net and brought a million kids in for visits. Basically any sizable combination of any of them would be epic.

And since the extreme optimism a couple months ago, I believe literally one kid has committed? Justin Scott. This would be 2, however he was probably least likely and lowest ranked (although admittedly the staff definitely does want him badly). So double check me there, but I don’t think it’s launch yourself off the roof o’clock yet.

I’m not really upset about losing this kid. Florida legacy from Gainesville. Not that shocking. It’s all the other Defensive Linemen we’re striking out on that bothers me. Something is definitely off.
I can tell you what is off.

We just went 5-7. We haven't been in a national power in 2 decades.

We are going after the best of the best. None of these guys are really local. 3 Florida DL we are going after heavily are from Gator and Nole areas of the state.

We are competing for Breland against UGA and Oregon.

Stewart is a battle with Ohio State.

Stone is from Oklahoma originally, and that is who we are competing against.

Advertisement
Exactly Jackson definitely helps those IMG connections and keep getting Stone back to campus cause I think whoever gets him to visit last gets his commitment between us and OU
Yeah, personally I'm not giving up on Stone. Too many seem resigned to him landing in OU, but my gut says naw naw + keep pushing.

Imo Jones and Franklin gotta happen. JJ’s recruitment being so quiet concerns me some. That’s just my take.

Yeah, with Texas involved that concerns me. Their recruits have been typically keeping things close to the vest recently. That’s why I’m guessing he’s headed there.

Advertisement
Also a bit of context, and someone correct me if I’m wrong, but everyone was expecting an excellent DL class overall. We threw a gigantic net and brought a million kids in for visits. Basically any sizable combination of any of them would be epic.

And since the extreme optimism a couple months ago, I believe literally one kid has committed? Justin Scott. This would be 2, however he was probably least likely and lowest ranked (although admittedly the staff definitely does want him badly). So double check me there, but I don’t think it’s launch yourself off the roof o’clock yet.

So far it's Scott, Rudolph, and Gimore, if you are going by DL we brought in.

Advertisement
So far it's Scott, Rudolph, and Gimore, if you are going by DL we brought in.

Got it...I forgot about those 2.

So thus far, of every DL who has taken a visit here:

Lightfoot committed to the good guys
Scott committed to Taint
Gilmore committed to OU
Rudolph committed to the fake UM
Kendall Jackson committing today, trending heavy to the sheep****ers

Still on the board:

Artavius Jones
Jayden Jackson
David Stone
Colin Simmons
Dylan Stewart
Aydin Breland
LJ McCray
TJ Lindsey
Kam Franklin

Last edited:

We got Lightfoot and Ohio State got Scott.

I can tell you what is off.

We just went 5-7. We haven't been in a national power in 2 decades.

We are going after the best of the best. None of these guys are really local. 3 Florida DL we are going after heavily are from Gator and Nole areas of the state.

We are competing for Breland against UGA and Oregon.

Stewart is a battle with Ohio State.

Stone is from Oklahoma originally, and that is who we are competing against.

I’m sorry, but that’s a flat out bull**** excuse with the record. There’s other teams with poor records like UF, Oklahoma, Nebraska, etc that are beating us for guys. I guess I should have framed my comment for recruiting as a whole. You have a point in DL but the optics would definitely be better if we were landing the other positions.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Need to lock up Jones and Franklin, otherwise there’s potential that we miss on all our DT targets

Imo we go 0-2 on the Jackson’s.
Franklin and Jones are now absolute must haves like you said.

Franklin seems like a Mesidor-esque guy that can play both interior and exterior, although his body composition and inevitable weight/muscle gain will probably move him inside. Need some more true DTs on top of that.

It’s time to throw disgusting amounts of money because we are in fact nearing the desperation zone.

Advertisement
Back