Kendall Jackson 2024 3* DL Came To His Senses and Commits to the Canes

Advertisement
We need one of the Jackson DL's, who are committing on the 13th and 20th, respectively.
Totally agree. People are a little down on the DT recruiting with some of our targets but I don’t think either of those guys are on a lower tier than some think. Sure guys like Breland and Stone are elite elite but the Jackson’s would both be right up there with some of the most impressive DTs we’ve landed here in the last decade (though that speaks to how badly we’ve done at the spot as well)

@bradtejeda has him commiting on 7/20

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Hopefully Eddie Mush doesn’t tweet when the rest of our targets are committing

Totally agree. People are a little down on the DT recruiting with some of our targets but I don’t think either of those guys are on a lower tier than some think. Sure guys like Breland and Stone are elite elite but the Jackson’s would both be right up there with some of the most impressive DTs we’ve landed here in the last decade (though that speaks to how badly we’ve done at the spot as well)
Couldn't agree more. I want the Stone's and the Breland's just like everybody else does but don't underestimate the two Jacksons. All that matters is that we fill our needs with excellent football players and Jayden Jackson and Kendall Jackson both fit that description. Jayden is a true NT type I believe. I'm not sure if that is 1 tech or not but the kid is a tremendous prospect. Kendall Jackson is the truth and is a versatile prospect who has the athleticism and explosiveness to play DE at this level or he could also develop into a nasty 3 tech. I'll put it this way.... If we get a commitment from both of these kids I will be ecstatic!

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more. I want the Stone's and the Breland's just like everybody else does but don't underestimate the two Jacksons. All that matters is that we fill out needs with excellent football players and Jayden Jackson and Kendall Jackson both fit that description. Jayden is a true NT type I believe. I'm not sure if that is 1 tech or not but the kid is a tremendous prospect. Kendall Jackson is the truth and is a versatile prospect who has the athleticism and explosiveness to play DE at this level or he could also develop into a nasty 3 tech. I'll put it this way.... If we get a commitment from both of these kids I will be ecstatic!
Modern Family Dad GIF by PeacockTV

Advertisement
That's funny but I stand by my post. I've wanted those two in the class for a while now. That isn't lowering expectations. I just never bought the entire "We are going to sign every 5 star DT on the board" hype train.
Oh I like both of those guys and they would be great additions to the class but it would be a far cry from what was pushed early on. Even with those 2 still would need to sign one of Jones/McCray and Franklin to make it a good class.

Oh I like both of those guys and they would be great additions to the class but it would be a far cry from what was pushed early on. Even with those 2 still would need to sign one of Jones/McCray and Franklin to make it a good class.
No doubt whatsoever but I wasn't referring to the final class just a commitment from those two. I still want Jones and Franklin in addition to those two and another pure Edge/DE. I just want to get some momentum at DT and get a couple of recruiting wins.

Advertisement
Jackson and Jackson for me were always the guys to fill out the DT class, not headline it. They’re good but if they’re the headliners then we failed

Jackson and Jackson for me were always the guys to fill out the DT class, not headline it. They’re good but if they’re the headliners then we failed
Stone, Breland, Scott, Franklin. Gotta come away with a minimum of one. 2/4 would be great, 3/4 would be epic. Guys like Jay Jackson & Jones are great 1b to the aforementioned 1a level guys. Anything less than at least 1 from each group is a total disaster.

Stone, Breland, Scott, Franklin. Gotta come away with a minimum of one. 2/4 would be great, 3/4 would be epic. Guys like Jay Jackson & Jones are great 1b to the aforementioned 1a level guys. Anything less than at least 1 from each group is a total disaster.
I’ll go one step further and say throw Artavius Jones in that first group, need 2/5 or I’m thoroughly disappointed. I want Jayden Jackson but those five are my clear cut top DTs.

On second thought, if we only end up with one of those four you mentioned + McCray and Jones or Jackson, I’d be fine with that too. But assuming no McCray…yeah we need 3+ of those names mentioned.

Advertisement
I’ll go one step further and say throw Artavius Jones in that first group, need 2/5 or I’m thoroughly disappointed. I want Jayden Jackson but those five are my clear cut top DTs.

On second thought, if we only end up with one of those four you mentioned + McCray and Jones or Jackson, I’d be fine with that too. But assuming no McCray…yeah we need 3+ of those names mentioned.
I'm not sure where McCray profiles, inside or out, but either way that kid is a beast 5 star caliber athlete home run type of get.

I like KJ withKessayi and then some of the Tampa ends as a backup plan for this spot…i doubt Mccray is coming and i think we may end up offering cunningham

DT jj/ aj/ cunn/ lindsay
Dt ^^ one more of
DL franklin
DL Russell
DE lightfoot
DE k jax/kesayi/pickett/hudson

And then you recruit breland/stone/scott til the bitter end as a +1. But even if you miss on those 3 that is a **** of a DL upgrade

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back