Kendal Briles putting the final touches on his resume...

RiDLer80

All-American
Playing at Memphis right now. Already put up a touchdown drive in like two minutes with their backup, true freshman QB.

This dude needs to be on a plane to Miami yesterday. That offense with our talent base would put up video game numbers.

Advertisement
Can’t remember when, but Baylor had a game a few years back when they lost a couple QBs and had to resort to a WR who played QB in high school. I only remember it because it really hampered their playcalling but they still managed to make things work. I was really impressed with that, even back then, and reminded me how the good ones find a way no matter what, and can adapt better than most. I see that from Manny on the defensive side. Would love to see that mindset in our offense.

Can’t remember when, but Baylor had a game a few years back when they lost a couple QBs and had to resort to a WR who played QB in high school. I only remember it because it really hampered their playcalling but they still managed to make things work. I was really impressed with that, even back then, and reminded me how the good ones find a way no matter what, and can adapt better than most. I see that from Manny on the defensive side. Would love to see that mindset in our offense.
I believe that was their bowl game against UNC one year. They had a WR playing QB and basically ran the wildcat the entire game and still put up like 500 yards rushing.

Edit: Final stats: 645 rushing yards for Baylor, 7.7 ypc and 756 total yards. They won 49-38

http://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=400852724

Playing at Memphis right now. Already put up a touchdown drive in like two minutes with their backup, true freshman QB.

This dude needs to be on a plane to Miami yesterday. That offense with our talent base would put up video game numbers.

“backup, true freshman QB”

Wait a minute....it didn’t take him four years to develop him??????
What kind of sorcery and black magic is this??

4D26AB87-2E0C-473D-AB24-A8B04FBC01DB.gif

Advertisement

Crazy thing is even if that article was fluff and there was no Board Member A, the public will feel we have $1 million plus for a OC. Which means there is no reason other than stubbornness as to not having one. Barry Jackson either is plugged in or doubled down on the Canes and his careeer. Either way I’m with it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is Kendall not Art you know the difference yes?
I assume you’re kidding right? Do you not know anything about the **** Kendall is also accused of doing? Or how much **** Applewhite got for hiring him and you think that’s a good fit at the school half the media wants to shut down? Cool

I assume you’re kidding right? Do you not know anything about the **** Kendall is also accused of doing? Or how much **** Applewhite got for hiring him and you think that’s a good fit at the school half the media wants to shut down? Cool
I think he is far enough removed from it to be fine. He has been at multiple schools since the whole Baylor thing. In name alone maybe he gets crap, but I doubt he cause a stir. If he was going to have issues you would think it would have happened by now.

I think he is far enough removed from it to be fine. He has been at multiple schools since the whole Baylor thing. In name alone maybe he gets crap, but I doubt he cause a stir. If he was going to have issues you would think it would have happened by now.
He went from a finalist for assistant of the year at a power 5 school, and his last two jobs are FAU and Houston and you think there’s not a stigma attached to him?

Advertisement
Crazy thing is even if that article was fluff and there was no Board Member A, the public will feel we have $1 million plus for a OC. Which means there is no reason other than stubbornness as to not having one. Barry Jackson either is plugged in or doubled down on the Canes and his careeer. Either way I’m with it.
That would be tragic. Imagine if Barry Jackson caused an uproar at bot over thanksgiving weekend. Dudes calling each other wondering who’s the moron that said we’re paying that much for an OC.

Advertisement
Back