Kelvin Harris debates Manny Navarro.

Advertisement
Only effective play FSU ran against us was the counter. It was actually very effective. So the 4-2-5 look is the right one against Clemson. Hopefully we play match zone against these guys. I'd like to see us stunt a **** of a lot less on run downs and keep gap discipline and not get fooled pre-snap with our eyes.
They got a little fake toss, (rpo) play that they run that i see them hitting us on.

- Its to get the backers out of position, and hits the te or slot guy right up that seam ...Its pass n catch. Comeback to this thread after the game and remember i said that play will hit.

Im with you less stunting...and that delayed blitz will be a waste with Lawrence. They need to run some stuff that Syracuse runs that typically throw them off at times.

I listened to the podcast and Harris has some good points but **** he is just too much of a homer for me to take everything he says seriously. What I do agree with is that while Clemson has more talent on paper, a lot of it, especially on defense is unproven. Their offensive line has question marks but their skill position talent and QB are obviously top notch. We are not going to shut them down. Even if the defense plays well, expecting them to be held under 25 points is unrealistic. Unless Lawrence breaks his leg or something crazy. We do have the firepower to go blow for blow with them though. It certainly helps that King not only hasn't thrown a pick yet, but he hasn't even thrown an intercept-able ball yet. Don't turn it over and make them work for every point and Miami can win this game. But they are going to have to be GREAT on offense.

This is the game where Ed needs to be the most involved. The staff needs to let Ed be Ed this week. If anybody is going to beat that “but it’s Clemson” attitude out of the players it’s Ed.

PS I hope the safeties are watching tape with him this week. Clemson loves eye candy to open up the middle and over the top.

Mid majors with excellent QBs and fast past offenses have caused upsets fairly frequently. We have gone into most matchups with significant deficiencies at QB or for the Golden years basically no defense for the past decade or more. That is not the case here. Not only do we have a top QB and OC, we have talent, overall maybe a better backfield than Clemson if u sum all the players. I think our DL is more disruptive than their's, they most likely have better LBs, and it's kinda a wash in the secondary. Clemson has experience and coaches who have done it. That could be the edge. I really cant see us beating them but the way we have dismantling teams makes me believe they are on high upset alert. I think its misguided for people to say we are gonna stump them. Stop with that.

Advertisement
Be interesting how tested Clemson has been...

couple of teams they completely dominate talent wise...

Really depends on how much Dabo has allowed the 1s to push each other... our team has been tested and is groove

I was gonna add this to my previous posts but i wanted this to stand alone. I listened to the podcast and Harris does have some good points, if you discount everything teams did last season, last 5 years etc and just think of this season Miami is actually top 5 imo maybe even better.

He made some good points in regards to FSU defense, a bunch of their players will play on sundays, people were saying they had the #1 interior DL. We could have put up 70 points on them. I think too much have been made about FSU being bad and not much on us making them bad. Their offense suck but that shouldn't have made their defense just totally putrid.

Our team is giving me 2019 LSU vibes, they eeked out a win against Texas at Texas early but not many people thought they could sustain it because they were giving up yards and points. But with the offense they had their defense mainly needed to turn the ball over and make key stops because once they get a lead it destroyed the opponent gameplan and they just kept scoring. We could have put 60 on Louisville and 70 and FSU. I think many of us are not really grasping how long since we could legit say that. And too many people are putting it as the opponents are bad.

Wide receiver they are better. Running back at the top they are loads better. ETN is a savage. I’m ****ed he came back for another season. What running back does that crap.

But I’d also say corner depth they’re better. Safety we are better when hall and bolden are out there. They have better linebackers. Our d line takes a backseat to no one. Offensive line I’m shocked to say might be a wash. Tight end is us for sure. Special teams a wash.

But remember individual groups don’t matter. It’s about the matchup. The matchups might favor them in most spots. Running the ball against us they’re favored for sure. I think we will be able to throw on them. I think we may have marginal success running on them. Our linebackers scare me.

I agree that no one is giving us a chance. In a vacuum our starters compare. But the matchups is where it gets dicey
How much money did they have to pay Etienne to stay???? Makes NO SENSE, we can’t keep 7th rounders like deejay yet they keep sure fire first rounders year after year after year!!!

It's possible. I think a sizeable percentage of the Miami "fanbase" is saying that the team is a fraud and shouldn't be in the top 10. "Pump the brakes" is the operative phrase. Clemson could be thinking this team is as overrated as the team they played in 2017.
I hope they are thinking that. They will be in for major let down if so.

Advertisement
This is not the mismatch people are trying to make it to be talent wise. Culture & coaching have been our problem.

But that does mean it still could be a massive culture and coaching mismatch. Yes, things seem to be gelling now, three games in, blowing out weak teams, and not having faced adversity. We're, AT MOST, around 20 months into establishing a culture, only three games into to this staff working together collectively. Clemson has been doing this $#!+ for years now.

I read an article not too long ago about Willie Williams. WW was one of the first celebrity high school football players in the internet age. Some reporters had tried to get top recruits to give them salacious recruiting gossip, but it was pretty mundane and didn't get readers. Navarro saw Willie Williams as his meal ticket and knew full well that Williams wasn't prepared to handle the celebrity, but he didn't care. Williams was giving him crazy stories and readers were eating it up. Shameful.

BTW- if you wanted another reason to hate UF, they were responsible for leaking a lot of the stuff about WW's supposed bad behavior out of revenge for him spurning them.

link-https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1943325

Long story short, Navarro sucks.

Please name a reporter that specifically covers Miami that has not sucked hairy-Butters'-chinballs.

I'll wait.

Manny is a strange dude. He dresses his daughter up in UM gear like he's a real fan, but for years he's been taking passive aggressive shots at the team. I still remember him tweeting out pictures of the stadium making fun of our attendance.....he would send a pic that was 30 minutes before kickoff of a noon game before the roof.

He's an FIU alum.

That's how they be.

Right on, right on Calvin! It's a psychological state of mind for the Hurricanes Saturn night, October 3rd. And if they come in knowing they can shock the major CFB realm, the Hurricanes will be alright. What I like is we have some solid-on-down leaders on the team now. That includes both sides of the LOS. What worries me though, is Baker and his pansy **** schemes! He has to let loose on defense! No holding back until it's dire straits time. Because everybody in South Florida, and throughout the nation, knows the Hurricanes have the offensive power to go toe to toe and throw punches with mighty Clemson.

Oh. Another notion. The Hurricanes special teams easily out shines anything Clemson has to offer. Because both kickers will be donning NFL uni's next season. huh?
Exactly, we need to just play with 1 high safety, in the beginning that way we can keep carter close to the line so he can crack the **** outta etienne or trevor early on. I keep seeing all these "if we can keep it close post" lol, ***** that, and this is where I'll give coach diaz credit for lashlee coming in, rhett not trying to keep **** close, he's going to try and do the same thing if not worst to Clemson that we gave to FSU, he has no respect of team, just pure pride in his offensive system and philosoohies.

I'm sure he'll understand if Clemson somehow starts looking like they got a pass rush on us, he'll start delay running the transfer qb to slow em down, but I can tell you right now, rhett has the right mindset.

Special team wise, what we don't need is for noodles to be back their fielding punts, just go after the block and let the ball bounce where it may, he doesn't look comfortable catching or running with the ball on special teams. Other than that, we should and will get to trevor early on, especially if we playing with a lead, we need to get to him this style:

Advertisement
Its coaching. That's it.

Our offense is capable of scoring points. If the WRs catch, and King runs well, the offense will keep us in the game.

The defense will be exposed by Clemson. Our D-backs won't be able to stop their WRs. Lawrence will drop dimes anyways.

Clemson will run misdirection so well that our back 7 won't have a clue what planet they're on. Our linebackers won't even come close to touching Etienne bc of how far out of position they are.

If our defense was coached properly it would make a huge difference.

I'm sure the staff hasn't even thought about coaching Pope not to drop the **** kick.

They got a little fake toss, (rpo) play that they run that i see them hitting us on.

- Its to get the backers out of position, and hits the te or slot guy right up that seam ...Its pass n catch. Comeback to this thread after the game and remember i said that play will hit.

Im with you less stunting...and that delayed blitz will be a waste with Lawrence. They need to run some stuff that Syracuse runs that typically throw them off at times.
I said that they'd run this play several times against us in the other thread.

The team should study 3:44-4:44 all week.

It's a bad matchup because Manny's defense is undisciplined by design. Everyone has to play **** near perfect if they want to stop a team like this, which is why a lot of us "complain" about the D--we can run through the ACC because no one outside of one or two teams can score, but we'd run into trouble against the top 10. Tackling also seems to still be an issue which is most likely trouble going up against a shifty but strong back in Etienne and slippery receivers. Amari and Bubba are going to have their hands full.

I'm sure the staff hasn't even thought about coaching Pope not to drop the **** kick.
Game 1: Couch interferes with Popes catch. Pope fumbles

Game 3: Couch interferes with Popes catch again. Pope fumbles a different catch.

Last year: Ivey stands still while the obese GT PUNTER throws a TD pass.

This year: Ivey stands still as an onsides kick is kicked right at him.

These are now trends. Same nonsense happening in multiple games in different seasons. It means either the coaches aren't teaching the players, or they continue to let them play poorly.

The fact that Jeff Thomas struggled with fielding kicks leads me to believe it's a lack of coaching bc it's a different player who has the same issues being coached by the same guy.

This BS doesn't fly at Clemson or the other big schools. Actions have consequences.

Advertisement
I mean, you had both Oklahoma and LSU drop games this past weekend. There are going to be some funky results due to the pandemic.

LSU is not close to the team they were last year. Their defense is still suspect and their offense lost the brains AND the arm.

Man, Fat Manny really knows how to **** me off. He was a joke when covering high school football--and he's comparatively more of a joke now. Makes me want to puke listening to him simp to this Clemson reporter.

They really arent outside of Lawerence & I guess the d-line altough ours is very good too. This is not the mismatch people are trying to make it to be talent wise. Culture & coaching have been our problem.

did you forget about their 1st rd elite RB who can take it to the house against any team in the country? Harris is good but Ettienne is elite.

Advertisement
Back