Kelvin Harris debates Manny Navarro.

Advertisement
Wide receiver they are better. Running back at the top they are loads better. ETN is a savage. I’m ****ed he came back for another season. What running back does that crap.

But I’d also say corner depth they’re better. Safety we are better when hall and bolden are out there. They have better linebackers. Our d line takes a backseat to no one. Offensive line I’m shocked to say might be a wash. Tight end is us for sure. Special teams a wash.

But remember individual groups don’t matter. It’s about the matchup. The matchups might favor them in most spots. Running the ball against us they’re favored for sure. I think we will be able to throw on them. I think we may have marginal success running on them. Our linebackers scare me.

I agree that no one is giving us a chance. In a vacuum our starters compare. But the matchups is where it gets dicey
Surfer Dude and ETN are elite no doubt but we've got a pretty **** good QB and 3 excellent RB's. Our OL has shown much improvement but will be tested. Can't match our TE's. We've got enough at WR to get the job done. I expect Lashlee to game plan to our strengths.

Our DL is border line elite and will test their relatively new OL and may be able to cover our LB play. Our CB's are a concern but our safety's are playing at a very high level - especially Bubba.

It could very well come down to the kicking game and we have a marked advantage there.

After hearing and reading a lot of the breakdowns, we're not as far off as some may think.

They really arent outside of Lawerence & I guess the d-line altough ours is very good too. This is not the mismatch people are trying to make it to be talent wise. Culture & coaching have been our problem.
It’s a mismatch. No matter how u line up the talent. Clemsons prestige matters. That’s programs pedigree of excellence matters. We have to knock them off. Best believe that top 10 ranking next to Miami will have dabo and that team ready to go in prime time

Manny is a strange dude. He dresses his daughter up in UM gear like he's a real fan, but for years he's been taking passive aggressive shots at the team. I still remember him tweeting out pictures of the stadium making fun of our attendance.....he would send a pic that was 30 minutes before kickoff of a noon game before the roof.

Advertisement
This is why media should not debate against someone who has played the game. Manny can only reference stats, Kelvin has played the game at the highest level and knows what to look for . He has watched Clemson play this season. He knows their personnel, what defensive scheme they run and If he says the team is beatable, I believe him.

A top 10 miami is not sneaking up on anybody

It's not necessarily that we'd sneak up on them. Think of the myriad ways COVID has affected teams. Practice is different. Game week is different. Some teams will do a better job than others keeping the players engaged and their heads in it. (Those guys are pros over there so I'd bet they're doing a good job but I have no idea.) Then, you have the fact it's a road game. Clemson won't have their normal fan base pushing them along so it's a little harder to get that momentum surge. It's probably harder for home teams to get that downhill feeling absent a hyped up fanbase.

Lawrence, Etienne, Carman, Davis are the only household names. They have a bunch of other big talents but they're just not established yet.

Advertisement
Manny is a strange dude. He dresses his daughter up in UM gear like he's a real fan, but for years he's been taking passive aggressive shots at the team. I still remember him tweeting out pictures of the stadium making fun of our attendance.....he would send a pic that was 30 minutes before kickoff of a noon game before the roof.

It was sickening listening to him gush over Clemson with the Clemson beat writer for the Athletic.

Have you, uh, been around on this site for a while?

Lawrence, Etienne, Carman, Davis are the only household names. They have a bunch of other big talents but they're just not established yet.
This.

And talent in terms of recruiting, they are well ahead of us based on the blue chip ratio. Per this 247 article Clemson has a BCR of 63% while we checked in just under 50%, at 49.4%. Obviously not a perfect measure of who is more talented as many times 3 stars develop to better talents than 4/5 stars. But IMO still gives a good general baseline of who has a more "talented" roster.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...n-win-a-national-title-148079661/#148079661_5

Advertisement
There’s probably 8-10 future first rounders on that team and we have 2 or 3 tops. They’re definitely more talented. Take the orange and green glasses off and we have 5 maybe 6 guys that would start for Clemson. Breese and Murphy are true freshman but theyre future superstars and already established themselves at this level.

I really think the Clemson game will come down to how well we defend the run. If we stop them on 1st down we have a chance to really rush the passer. But if they keep us off balance with successful early down runs, they will put up 30-35
On offense we need to establish the run simply to prevent Clemson’s many blitzes form confusing our line.
Basically, early down success will be the key as the talent difference is not great and I can actually argue that the coaching difference is not great.

Advertisement
I have said we will win the game but Harris arguements sounds weird, he is matching up their oline with our oline, their dline with our dline.. These kids wont line up across from eachother. This guy said Etienne is not best running back in college ball. He is too homer to take serious. Clemson has BIG game experience and guys that have proven themselves in those games, miami still has that little question mark of how will these guys perform when punched in mouth.. Clemson has transcendent proven superstar players and BIG game coaches that have done it before multiple times. We have some coaches like Lashlee has been in trenches.

While baker was scared of UL and Pitt was expecting to shut them out. I am hype for game and think we have a legit chance but I see Manny's pov

Advertisement
Back