Kelvin Harris debates Manny Navarro.

Advertisement
I read an article not too long ago about Willie Williams. WW was one of the first celebrity high school football players in the internet age. Some reporters had tried to get top recruits to give them salacious recruiting gossip, but it was pretty mundane and didn't get readers. Navarro saw Willie Williams as his meal ticket and knew full well that Williams wasn't prepared to handle the celebrity, but he didn't care. Williams was giving him crazy stories and readers were eating it up. Shameful.

BTW- if you wanted another reason to hate UF, they were responsible for leaking a lot of the stuff about WW's supposed bad behavior out of revenge for him spurning them.

link-https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1943325

Long story short, Navarro sucks.
He was a ******* covering Broward hs football for the Herald. The guy tried stabbing every back on his way up the list. Navarro not only sucks. He's a crappy human being...

There’s probably 8-10 future first rounders on that team and we have 2 or 3 tops. They’re definitely more talented. Take the orange and green glasses off and we have 5 maybe 6 guys that would start for Clemson. Breese and Murphy are true freshman but theyre future superstars and already established themselves at this level.
Phillips, Nesta, Jordan, Bolden, Blades, Borregales, Hedley is 7 right there.

This is probably pointless, but I got a few minutes today and I was curious so I started looking.

Somebody on here told me their roster is loaded with 5 stars and high 4 star kids, and I was scratching my head a bit so I did some digging.

In 2017, which should be their current senior class, they only had the 16th ranked class in the country. Actually, they were behind us, on paper of course (we were #12). Here are the kids ranked in the Top 200:

Tee Higgins -- Gone, currently on the Cincinnati Bengals
Hunter Johnson -- Gone, currently at Northwestern
AJ Terrell -- Gone, currently on the Atlanta Falcons

Amari Rodgers -- Currently a starting WR for them and a good player
Justin Foster -- On the team, but hasn't played yet this year. Dabo said today he's still out and no timetable for his return
Jordan Williams -- Currently a starting DT, but hasn't made much impact prior to this year. First start of his career was Week 1.
Travis Etienne -- Was ranked #213, but had to include him because of how special he is. Obviously a huge problem for our defense.

So, they signed 7 kids in the top 213, and only 3 of them will play against us, and 1 of those 3 really hasn't played a ton. Hmm.

In 2018, which should be their junior class, they signed the #7 class nationally. Miami signed the 8th ranked class. Top 200 kids:

Trevor Lawrence -- The best collegiate QB prospect since Luck and clearly the entire basis for how good they are. Say no more.
Xavier Thomas -- On the team, but hasn't played yet this year after being sick in the off-season and will not against us.
KJ Henry -- Currently a starting DE. Made his first career start against Wake. 2 sacks in his career.
Jackson Carman -- Currently the starting LT. High level talent and likely first round pick. Stud, will be great match-up with Roche.
Derion Kendrick -- Currently a co-starter at one of the corner spots. Second team all-ACC last year after moving from WR but didn't play Wk 1
Justyn Ross -- Absolutely elite talent, but out of the season due to injury
Kyler McMichael -- Transferred to UNC
Josh Belk -- Enrolled at Clemson but transferred to USCe after his first spring

Mario Goodrich -- Another co-starter at Corner, but hasn't played yet this year. Didn't do much his first 2 years. Will be back this week.
Justin Mascoll -- Redshirted in 2018 and didn't do much last year. Played a lot in the opener but still very limited experience. Backup.

So, they signed 10 Top 200 kids in 2018, but 4 are already gone. However, of the 6, they have a program changing talent at QB and a first round LT protecting his blindside. Other than that, possibly some talented kids but really nobody proven besides Kendrick.

In 2019, they signed the 10th ranked class. We signed our worst class in a while at #27. Top 200 kids:

Andrew Booth -- Super talented kid whose claim to fame so far is being forced to ride the bus home after being ejected in a game last season
Frank Ladson -- We all know Frankie. Excellent prospect, looked good last year as a true freshman. Starter.
Joe Ngata -- Starting WR as well but hasn't shown much yet and strained a muscle last week in practice. Monitor his status this week.
Will Putnam -- We recruited him hard, Tampa kid (Plant). Started at RG Week 1, first career start
Sheridan Jones -- Corner who may play vs us but low on their depth chart
Tyler Davis -- Another Florida kid we wanted. Sprained his MCL week 1 and will likely not play against us.
Joseph Charleston -- Backup Safety. Playing behind very limited but leader of their defense Nolan Turner
Bryton Constantine -- Retired in the summer after multiple knee injuries.

So, 8 more Top 200 kids, but only 6 will likely see action against us.

In their 2017, 2018, and 2019 classes, I count 15 kids who we will most likely see next weekend. By contrast, in those 3 classes, Miami has 10 kids ranked in the Top 200 who will see action against Clemson. Then you throw in King, Roche, Phillips, and Bolden....hmm.

Again, not discounting Clemson AT ALL. They're crazy talented, excellently coached, and the #1 team for a reason. And Trevor Lawrence can mask **** near any deficiency you have. But call me nuts....I don't see that absolutely loaded, experienced roster this year. Are they more talented than we are? Sure. They're gonna be a 2 TD favorite. But is it a gigantic gap? I really don't see it. I think we can play with these dudes. And the main reason being, the Quarterback position is so, so, so important. And we have a REALLY good one. He's not gonna be rattled, he's not gonna be scared, and he's accurate. That travels. Why don't we go out and drop 17-20 points in the first half and see if they don't tighten up a bit?

I feel the same as I did the last time we played them. I don't see a huge gap between our front line guys and theirs. I think the difference is going to be depth and the familiarity they have with playing big games.

If we can mentally stay with it and push through adversity, the game is winnable, but if the team starts to doubt the moment they cant do whatever they want like they have the last 3 weeks then u can forget it.

Advertisement
This is probably pointless, but I got a few minutes today and I was curious so I started looking.

Somebody on here told me their roster is loaded with 5 stars and high 4 star kids, and I was scratching my head a bit so I did some digging.
According to 24/7, they have 10 more 5* players than we do (11 v. 1). Otherwise, we are pretty much even in 4* and 3* players.

Our staff’s biggest obstacle is to make the players believe they can go to Death Valley and win. It’s a state of mind. Are they afraid like Manny or do they believe like Harris?
GREAT question, this staff's minus coach rumph, cause if anybody knows coach rumph, his confidence level is that of an ALL-TIME, as it should be, so our corners won't be intimadated at all, same with ****inson's unit as well. The only way this staff can get this team to believe is by not calling the bullshat and scaredy cat scheme's that they did the last time we played em and coach diaz came out running that soft-*** ****, this is his protege's biggest stage, we've already seen some of his tatics, big boy league now, impress us or go home!

Advertisement
This.

And talent in terms of recruiting, they are well ahead of us based on the blue chip ratio. Per this 247 article Clemson has a BCR of 63% while we checked in just under 50%, at 49.4%. Obviously not a perfect measure of who is more talented as many times 3 stars develop to better talents than 4/5 stars. But IMO still gives a good general baseline of who has a more "talented" roster.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...n-win-a-national-title-148079661/#148079661_5
Other teams may have a higher overall percentage. but you only need 44 players higher than 3 stars, first and second teams, to match the oppositions talent on the field. We have 42 four stars and 3 players that were ranked lower but currently have 4 years of playing experience.
Clemson may be deeper in total talent, but when it comes to starters and rotation players I think we are closer than we are given credit for.

I read an article not too long ago about Willie Williams. WW was one of the first celebrity high school football players in the internet age. Some reporters had tried to get top recruits to give them salacious recruiting gossip, but it was pretty mundane and didn't get readers. Navarro saw Willie Williams as his meal ticket and knew full well that Williams wasn't prepared to handle the celebrity, but he didn't care. Williams was giving him crazy stories and readers were eating it up. Shameful.

BTW- if you wanted another reason to hate UF, they were responsible for leaking a lot of the stuff about WW's supposed bad behavior out of revenge for him spurning them.

link-https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1943325

Long story short, Navarro sucks.

WOW , where has this groundbreaking info been hiding all this time?.

Advertisement
Manny is a strange dude. He dresses his daughter up in UM gear like he's a real fan, but for years he's been taking passive aggressive shots at the team. I still remember him tweeting out pictures of the stadium making fun of our attendance.....he would send a pic that was 30 minutes before kickoff of a noon game before the roof.
I think he is an FSU fan actually...never thought of him as a UM guy

Advertisement
Its coaching. That's it.

Our offense is capable of scoring points. If the WRs catch, and King runs well, the offense will keep us in the game.

The defense will be exposed by Clemson. Our D-backs won't be able to stop their WRs. Lawrence will drop dimes anyways.

Clemson will run misdirection so well that our back 7 won't have a clue what planet they're on. Our linebackers won't even come close to touching Etienne bc of how far out of position they are.

If our defense was coached properly it would make a huge difference.

Its coaching. That's it.

Our offense is capable of scoring points. If the WRs catch, and King runs well, the offense will keep us in the game.

The defense will be exposed by Clemson. Our D-backs won't be able to stop their WRs. Lawrence will drop dimes anyways.

Clemson will run misdirection so well that our back 7 won't have a clue what planet they're on. Our linebackers won't even come close to touching Etienne bc of how far out of position they are.

If our defense was coached properly it would make a huge difference.
If UAB caught us with our pants down in the misdirection, I can only imagine what Clemson will do.

Advertisement
Back