Kellen Winslow II

Predicting a hung (no offense to @Cribby) jury. That first "victim" will have tainted the state's case enough to get a holdout or two while the bundled other cases as a whole will absolutely be enough to prevent an acquittal.

I personally would be soooo hesitant to convict on anything as the state trotting out that first maniac would pretty much destroy the prosecution's overall credibility with me but that's not really how you're supposed to act as a juror in these instances.

Advertisement
I still don't see how you put your first "victim" on the stand, and she tells the jury a bunch of lies and then explains that she hopped a fence to get raped. I'm a well-known supporter of womens' rights, but that woman's story sounded absurd. Everything she said made it sound like a consensual act.

I haven’t been following this at all, not in the slightest. But let’s throw the first woman out. I’ll stipulate she was lying. Couldn’t he still get convicted on some other counts with some other women?

I still don't see how you put your first "victim" on the stand, and she tells the jury a bunch of lies and then explains that she hopped a fence to get raped. I'm a well-known supporter of womens' rights, but that woman's story sounded absurd. Everything she said made it sound like a consensual act.

If I was to make a bet. I would be it was consensual until she realized he didn't want to wife her up and drop some cash on her. Then she decided she wanted to get some revenge on the guy and this was the best way to do it.

Advertisement
I haven’t been following this at all, not in the slightest. But let’s throw the first woman out. I’ll stipulate she was lying. Couldn’t he still get convicted on some other counts with some other women?
Yes, absolutely. And I think that's exactly what will happen. Or a hung jury. That's actually worse for him, IMO, as they will 100% bring charges again and next time the state likely won't botch it as bad.

I know that some people can't handle the whole "analyze the legal tactics" responses, but this is a weird case. They are mixing in a 20-year-old case involving a young girl and the more recent cases involving older women. Not sure why the prosecution wouldn't handle these cases separately, particularly when you want to show the whole "modus operandi" issue (even if not explicitly demonstrated).

Personally, I think that Winslow is guilty, and I think there is something wrong with him, either mental illness or something more untreatable due to CTE. You never know what a jury will do, though.

I know that some people can't handle the whole "analyze the legal tactics" responses, but this is a weird case. They are mixing in a 20-year-old case involving a young girl and the more recent cases involving older women. Not sure why the prosecution wouldn't handle these cases separately, particularly when you want to show the whole "modus operandi" issue (even if not explicitly demonstrated).

Personally, I think that Winslow is guilty, and I think there is something wrong with him, either mental illness or something more untreatable due to CTE. You never know what a jury will do, though.
I think that's precisely why the state brought them all together; to build a narrative that he is a sexual deviant and always has been. I'm surprised the defense didn't fight to have them bifurcated. Having them all in one trial, to me, is basically a veiled attempt at using character/history as evidence of guilt.

Advertisement
The State should be embarrassed about so called Victim #1 as @The Franchise said....
Talk about Stupidity....Right off Jumpstreet the State is behind the 8 ball....Lol...How F-ing stupid it was to put the Most Unbelievable Victim on the stand to begin with....smh

If you can’t read it, how did you pull that out of the situation. No wha I’m saying is society is biased. I’m also saying that when a Caucasian kid shoot up schools and blow up buildings the first thing people say is he has mental issues. They don’t call him a terrorist.
to a point yes.but we've all seen rich people black and white get away with crimes poor black and white folks get hammered for.my view is anyone who breaks the law no matter what race or financial background.should get equal punishment .buttoday's society isn't like that especially when it comes to celebrities or those who have influence.

to a point yes.but we've all seen rich people black and white get away with crimes poor black and white folks get hammered for.my view is anyone who breaks the law no matter what race or financial background.should get equal punishment .buttoday's society isn't like that especially when it comes to celebrities or those who have influence.
Well said. I think money/power/connections influences that much more than demographics like race, religion, etc.

What did he do fellas

Advertisement
I think that's precisely why the state brought them all together; to build a narrative that he is a sexual deviant and always has been. I'm surprised the defense didn't fight to have them bifurcated. Having them all in one trial, to me, is basically a veiled attempt at using character/history as evidence of guilt.
I am sure the defense raised prejudicial joinder in pretrial motions. Most states give a lot of discretion to trial judge re joinder; but if Soldier Winslow is convicted it will be raised again on appeal.

I support women’s rights until they don’t fix me a sammich, or fix it wrong. Then all that women’s rights jazz goes out the window

Prediction:
2 counts of kidnapping with intent to commit rape: Not Guilty
2 counts of forcible rape: Not Guilty
2 counts of residential burglary: Guilty both counts
1 count of forcible oral copulation: Not Guilty
1 count of forcible sodomy: Not Guilty
1 count of indecent exposure: Guilty

Advertisement
He absolutely could. But I’ve had a lot of experience with juries, and once they get something in their minds they’re usually finished.

A smart defense attorney should be able to take that star witness and use her lies and absurd story to destroy the entire case against my soldier. They gave him a gigantic hammer to use against them, and he should be able to crush their case with it.

They've also got the bike GPS (or whatever it's called) placing him in the area on those particular charges. Doubt he'll get off on all of the charges.

Bike GPS relates to indecent exposure case with neighbor who admitted she never looked at the person’s face. Just saw a black mane with tats. No surprise his GPS puts him in his own neighborhood. Even if he stopped to take a "natural" as bikers call it, and da lady saw him, you see dat on The Tour de France on international tv every year.

#FreeKellen

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back