Kellen Winslow II

The defense rested for Soldier Winslow today. He did not testify. Closing arguments today.

Advertisement
Solider Winslow is about to walk...
Even though the trial presentation was botched pretty bad by the state, I don't think he walks. They screwed him by combining all of the charges into one trial, even the super old one from ages ago. The composite of it all will just be too much for the jury to think every one of these completely independent people all fabricated these allegations against him. I think the end result is they will choose to believe most of it and rule accordingly. I think he'll get off on some charges (like witness #1), but will ultimately be convicted of quite serious charges and do substantial time.

Even though the trial presentation was botched pretty bad by the state, I don't think he walks. They screwed him by combining all of the charges into one trial, even the super old one from ages ago. The composite of it all will just be too much for the jury to think every one of these completely independent people all fabricated these allegations against him. I think the end result is they will choose to believe most of it and rule accordingly. I think he'll get off on some charges (like witness #1), but will ultimately be convicted of quite serious charges and do substantial time.

Great points

Advertisement
off topic slightly, but romberg said two weeks ago or so that winslow senior and junior haven't spoken in 5 years. he said that when Rolle was in Houston (cant remember the city he said but for some reason Houston sticks out), he spotted Winslow on the street dressed up like a homeless person and living like one.

Don't know about the relationship between Soldier Winslow and his father, but Winslow Sr. is reported to have been in court at every hearing and through out the trial.

The case is with the jury now and a verdict could come as soon as this afternoon or tomorrow. A mixed verdict is predicted by attorney observers who have spoken to the media with the critical battle centering on two of the three rape counts.

He'll be acquitted on at least one count, but guilty on most. He's going to jail for a long time. Just my read of things from following the trial.

Advertisement
Pleading the 5th & refusing to testify won't sit well with the jury but had he done so he would have opened himself up to cross exam by the prosecutor which would have gotten ugly. His father was no doubt hoping his front & center visible presence would sway the jury.

He'll be acquitted on at least one count, but guilty on most. He's going to jail for a long time. Just my read of things from following the trial.

Don't think I agree. Doe #1 was supposed to be their strong witness in building a reasonable case against Winslow. Instead, they fumbled badly and she couldn't keep her story straight. That seed of doubt may have hit the jurors already.

Don't think I agree. Doe #1 was supposed to be their strong witness in building a reasonable case against Winslow. Instead, they fumbled badly and she couldn't keep her story straight. That seed of doubt may have hit the jurors already.

I'm not disagreeing, but if you look at how many "True Canes Fans" have already decided the guy is guilty and NOTHING will change their mind. I would not be surprised if 12 randomly selected jurors will have the same opinion.

BTW, Great signature.

Advertisement
Case should be over after that first witness. If that’s their best witness then they’re putting forth an awful case. You can’t put an alleged victim up who lies so blatantly about collateral issues.
This was my point when we discussed this nonsense before. Obviously kdub has some serious issues. But this is why I said yall gotta give things a chance to play out. From what I understand none of them got rape kits done. Dont understand how you proceed with this kind of case without that if true. Maybe under different charges but something like this even if he outright beats everything his life publicly is simply over.

This was my point when we discussed this nonsense before. Obviously kdub has some serious issues. But this is why I said yall gotta give things a chance to play out. From what I understand none of them got rape kits done. Dont understand how you proceed with this kind of case without that if true. Maybe under different charges but something like this even if he outright beats everything his life publicly is simply over.
Exactly....Scrutiny will follow him forever...

If you can’t read it, how did you pull that out of the situation. No wha I’m saying is society is biased. I’m also saying that when a Caucasian kid shoot up schools and blow up buildings the first thing people say is he has mental issues. They don’t call him a terrorist.
D
s

why cause he black? Obviously he has mental health issues. He needs help.
Are black people better off than their great grandparents were? If so, stfu about race. People who aren't white are the first to bring up race.

Advertisement

He's charged with five counts, and from all reports the first witness was not credible but the other women who testified were. Which is why I expect an acquittal on at least one count, based on the lack of credibility of the first witness; that "doubt" about her testimony doesn't carry to the other witnesses if the jury believes each one.

Again, just my two cents. I'm an attorney that works in criminal law, and from my view - based entirely on what's been reported - his only hope is what you said occurred, and that the first witness taints the entire case. I'm not sure that's very realistic, though.

Pleading the 5th & refusing to testify won't sit well with the jury but had he done so he would have opened himself up to cross exam by the prosecutor which would have gotten ugly. His father was no doubt hoping his front & center visible presence would sway the jury.

He didn't plead the fifth. He just chose not to testify. Very few criminal defendants do.

Exactly....Scrutiny will follow him forever...

Forget "scrutiny"—he's a sick individual and he'll do it again, get caught again and go down next time, if he doesn't this time.

Look what he did while out on bail; expose his junk in the hot tub at my local 24 Hour Fitness. Dude can't help himself—he's mentally ill and has no chance walking any straight and narrow.

Advertisement
Back