Kelee Ringo

Yeah you’re right. I guess what I’m saying and I’m assuming what @gogeta4 is saying is to keep in contact with a deeper portion of our board. So when/if you wiff on guys we are not just sending last minute offers praying to land someone.

Exactly what im saying...at times they leave guys with no contact for months then double back like its all good..how thye lost john dixon this class and number of others in previous classes.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I too think we should look at casting a wider net OOS and locally including Northern Florida as well because we’ve pulled some great kids from up here recently. And when we do offer don’t forget about them because kids attention spans these days are as long as a straw. We’ve got to remain on their minds especially come camp and OV time.

Advertisement
Same exact situation. Interest from one coach who stayed in contact while another slow rolled him for other locals

cant offer more then 25 recruits a “true” scholly so you have to slow play some. Don’t hate the player hate the game. I just hope this staff does not string themselves along when we have perfectly good backup options who actually want to be Canes.

There is no such thing as"wont let you recruit". You can still contact and maintain contact with prospects. You still can invite kid to games, etc...no one has to spoon feed you everything.

So when that offer comes your in a good spot...not saying this is way late or anything..but a part of recruting is having "good communication"
Bruh I know you have an issue with Mike for whatever reason but only reason were not getting completely laughed out the building is because Mike calls both him & elias on a regular. Mike wanted to offer but was told he couldn't until we had more time to evaluate. Now as a direct result elias is committed and will go to lsu. Also as a result keele has Oregon as his favorite. We are still technically in it for keele but it's gonna take alot of work

Bruh I know you have an issue with Mike for whatever reason but only reason were not getting completely laughed out the building is because Mike calls both him & elias on a regular. Mike wanted to offer but was told he couldn't until we had more time to evaluate. Now as a direct result elias is committed and will go to lsu. Also as a result keele has Oregon as his favorite. We are still technically in it for keele but it's gonna take alot of work

So who was the person telling him to hold off? Diaz or Richt? I’m guessing the former? If so that is my concern about Diaz.

As for Elias, what if coach O gets canned this year?

Advertisement

Good thing we have plenty of time then. Ringo obviously likes us and will give us a shot so let's get him on campus. Field needs to flex his muscles on one of these west coast kids. This is the one.

Exactly what im saying...at times they leave guys with no contact for months then double back like its all good..how thye lost john dixon this class and number of others in previous classes.

The question for me has always been - who is the culprit? Is it the position coach? Was it Diaz? Was it Richt? My concern over the guys on defense is that it had been on Diaz. Maybe not - maybe it was Richt who mandated a "let's see how they develop" mantra which caused all of these late offers? Who really knows?

The question for me has always been - who is the culprit? Is it the position coach? Was it Diaz? Was it Richt? My concern over the guys on defense is that it had been on Diaz. Maybe not - maybe it was Richt who mandated a "let's see how they develop" mantra which caused all of these late offers? Who really knows?
Just following the recent offers since Manny took the job imo I think Richt gave him full autonomy BUT told him to stick to the south and might’ve personally said yes or no on certain players.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just following the recent offers since Manny took job imo I think Richt gave him full autonomy BUT told him to stick to the south and might’ve personally said yes or no on certain players.

Kind of getting this vibe too.

Advertisement
Back