Kelee Ringo

Advertisement
I think there's a certain perception to everyone that comes with offering these top level OOS kids. Even if they don't come, Miami has offered. It keeps us up in the same level as the other major P5 schools in kids minds. Kind of like no offer is "out of sight, out of mind". No harm if making the gesture and establishing contact.

Apparently you have to be spoon fed. You aren’t going to contact somebody you’re not recruiting because you take time away from somebody you are recruiting that actually has an offer...but apparently I have to explain to you that they’re not going to waste contact allotted resources on a kid without an offer lol.

They can invite everybody to a game but they don’t do that do they?

A text? a dm?. waste time....ahh nevermind...its part of the reason they suck at recruiting anyway...they follow that motto you just posted.

*while posting this message i just text 3 differenct chicks the same "how was your day ?" message.

There's a reason guys like Hartley, T-Rob, Raymond, Tee Martin are big time recruiters and guys like Rumph are seeing psychiatrist

You always have to emphasize South FL at Miami but I think CMR was a little too loyal to it. You gotta look out of state. We weren’t recruiting Williams a couple months ago, then we pour it on and land a top player out of Alabama that can absolutely turn into a stud. Look at our DL class. Three out of five are out of state including two studs from NY.

The wider the castnet the more fish you’re covering. You gotta knock on every door.

I think there's a certain perception to everyone that comes with offering these top level OOS kids. Even if they don't come, Miami has offered. It keeps us up in the same level as the other major P5 schools in kids minds. Kind of like no offer is "out of sight, out of mind". No harm if making the gesture and establishing contact.
It also hurts that these kids think we won’t recruit them because of how focused we are on Florida. It’s been said by countless OOS guys over the years.

Advertisement
A text? a dm?. waste time....ahh nevermind...its part of the reason they suck at recruiting anyway...they follow that motto you just posted.

*while posting this message i just text 3 differenct chicks the same "how was your day ?" message.

There's a reason guys like Hartley, T-Rob, Raymond, Tee Martin are big time recruiters and guys like Rumph are seeing psychiatrist
So I should recruit a kid I never offered and be all over the place with no organization (the whole reason for evaluation and creating a big board)? Is that what you’re telling me?

It also hurts that these kids think we won’t recruit them because of how focused we are on Florida. It’s been said by countless OOS guys over the years.

Yea i think we get hit with that by our rival recruiters. Oh they only play the florida kids, etc....

But i would do this to all the top kids nationwide...Bama **** near offers every 4 to 5 star dt nationwide every year...kids cant commit till they are evaluated on their campus anyway.

Im in agreement with this motto as well. Bring them down ****..even make them compete. Hazelwood came down and competed for a short time at Paradise.

Yea i think we get hit with that by our rival recruiters. Oh they only play the florida kids, etc....

But i would do this to all the top kids nationwide...Bama **** near offers every 4 to 5 star dt nationwide every year...kids cant commit till they are evaluated on their campus anyway.

Im in agreement with this motto as well. Bring them down ****..even make them compete. Hazelwood came down and competed for a short time at Paradise.
I know you are because me and you have brought this up before.

Contacting somebody who doesn’t have an offer is dumb though.

So I should recruit a kid I never offered and be all over the place with no organization (the whole reason for evaluation and creating a big board)? Is that what you’re telling me?

I dont know what you should do...i just know WHAT ever they been doing hasnt been working out. Which is why we had grad transfer/jucos at cb for like 3 years.
You're definition of recruiting and mines..differs so..we'll leave it at that.

Advertisement
There is no such thing as"wont let you recruit". You can still contact and maintain contact with prospects. You still can invite kid to games, etc...no one has to spoon feed you everything.

So when that offer comes your in a good spot...not saying this is way late or anything..but a part of recruting is having "good communication"

You really have no idea what you're talking about. But congrats, you got the attention you were looking for.

You really have no idea what you're talking about. But congrats, you got the attention you were looking for.
What he is saying isn’t that hard to understand or for the coaches to really do. Keep in contact with your plan B,C and D guys. Putting all of our time and effort on plan A hasn’t been working lately.

Advertisement
What he is saying isn’t that hard to understand or for the coaches to really do. Keep in contact with your plan B,C and D guys. Putting all of our time and effort on plan A hasn’t been working lately.
Except your B, C and D guys already have offers. Hence why every university offers around 150-190 players by September.

You always have to emphasize South FL at Miami but I think CMR was a little too loyal to it. You gotta look out of state. We weren’t recruiting Williams a couple months ago, then we pour it on and land a top player out of Alabama that can absolutely turn into a stud. Look at our DL class. Three out of five are out of state including two studs from NY.

The wider the castnet the more fish you’re covering. You gotta knock on every door.
Love me a good fishing reference

Except your B, C and D guys already have offers. Hence why every university offers around 150-190 players by September.
Yeah you’re right. I guess what I’m saying and I’m assuming what @gogeta4 is saying is to keep in contact with a deeper portion of our board. So when/if you wiff on guys we are not just sending last minute offers praying to land someone.

Advertisement
I’ll tell ya boys, even I’m wary of whats gonna happen once Ringo runs this outfit. 😉

(edit: only other Tombstone quote I could come up with. Hope the kid comes. His tape was beast mode)

Last edited:

Sigh, you just don't get it.

I know you are because me and you have brought this up before.

Contacting somebody who doesn’t have an offer is dumb though.

You don't contact a kid you know you will never offer but you do contact kids without offers to gauge interest if they are the type of talent you are looking for. We might not get either of these two but its the staff's job to try to get the best talent available to them and you can't do that if you don't offer.

Advertisement
Back