Keith Heckendorf....1st OC Rumor to Surface..

About what you’d expect.A mid-major coach stepping up to a P5 school on his way to a better P5 school.

Advertisement
Why should he step down to a team at the level of the Canes, with a corch on the hot seat? He's better off holding until a sweeter deal comes along.

There are always risks, but if he looks at our roster and recruiting class we brought in he has tools to work with. You look at the defensive side of ball and you think all this team needs is production on offense. And you also look at the Coastal division and think it's worth a shot. It's not as bad as people are making it.

This is about the type of candidate we can get right now. Word is several OCs turning down the Job. This Job is a revolving door and puts up and coming coaches career back about 5 years. Dan Enos was about to be a OC at Bama and likely use that Job to get a HC Job. Now he likely can't get a D2 OC job...

word is you believe everything you read on the internet.

Struggles in the red zone and on third down can be a micro, individual season problem. For all we know Arkansas State had the worst OL in the country, a horrible QB, and the OC worked a miracle just to get them to the third down conversion rate posted above.

What I care about is offensive philosophy and what does he do on a down to down basis to implement that concept. Because that’s going to take care of micro, individual season problems over the long haul.

Advertisement
1st name to surface, just like Applesauce and Fedora last year, with all the Twatter followers and likes... we shall see who else surfaces...all I am saying.
Yup, I think they put feelers out to agents of dudes they liked and their waiting to see who says yes then choose from there.

Yost I hope is still the tier one hire

This is about the type of candidate we can get right now. Word is several OCs turning down the Job. This Job is a revolving door and puts up and coming coaches career back about 5 years. Dan Enos was about to be a OC at Bama and likely use that Job to get a HC Job. Now he likely can't get a D2 OC job...

The turning down crap is straight bs. The timeline of bobo alone tells you it’s bs, he was still the hc at CSU when he “ turned the job down “.

If it was legit it would’ve leaked out all over the place , agents use this for raises and there’d be no way to keep that quiet. Not to mention a horrible look with still having your oc still employed. That’s just more Ferman garbage that kelvin Harris ran with.

The season just ended and Mandy has plenty of time.

Advertisement
I like the Ark St. guy did well with UNC with Fedora (tons of injuries their last season there), and I liked that their offenses had years where they were both run heavy and pass heavy depending on what they had.

Did well this year with injuries and 2 different QBs in their first year in system I believe. Played musical qb for first part of year.

Problem is it's not a splash hire.
We don’t need a splash hire, we need a competent, modern OC who can call plays well and develop QB’s. We already had that in ****, how’s ya like that splash hire?

So do we like? Because I’m not sure what the fawk you said.

I'm not a huge fan of that offense. I like some of the concepts from it but not the system as a whole. It's predictable with mainly just slants, curls and go routes (although Briles used a lot of screens as well) and can be shut down by better defenses, leading to 3-and-outs. There's very few run plays so you don't keep the defense honest.

I prefer the newer spread attacks with multiple sets, better running attacks and more advanced route trees.

Struggles in the red zone and on third down can be a micro, individual season problem. For all we know Arkansas State had the worst OL in the country, a horrible QB, and the OC worked a miracle just to get them to the third down conversion rate posted above.

What I care about is offensive philosophy and what does he do on a down to down basis to implement that concept. Because that’s going to take care of micro, individual season problems over the long haul.

Yet still piled up points and yards. Our ol sucked and we couldn't score or move the ball. That’s actually a sign of coaching and scheming to cover up flaws.

Advertisement
The turning down crap is straight bs. The timeline of bobo alone tells you it’s bs, he was still the hc at CSU when he “ turned the job down “.

If it was legit it would’ve leaked out all over the place , agents use this for raises and there’d be no way to keep that quiet. Not to mention a horrible look with still having your oc still employed. That’s just more Ferman garbage that kelvin Harris ran with.

The season just ended and Mandy has plenty of time.
It still doesn't change the fact that this OC job has been a revolving door and has a very high chance to set back a up in coming coach

Advertisement
I'm not a huge fan of that offense. I like some of the concepts from it but not the system as a whole. It's predictable with mainly just slants, curls and go routes (although Briles used a lot of screens as well) and can be shut down by better defenses, leading to 3-and-outs. There's very few run plays so you don't keep the defense honest.

I prefer the newer spread attacks with multiple sets, better running attacks and more advanced route trees.
Bro, I would take the offense I saw Art Briles run at Baylor 1000% over the garbage I saw this year from Enos. What people also miss is some OCs have a feel for the game (Mullen) and others have none (Enos). That is an intangible that is more playcalling than scheme

Advertisement
Back