Keep Coach Bowden in your prayers..

Just looking at all the previous comments shows you just how respected Bowden is/was as a head coach always was a true professional wish him the best!

Advertisement
Wishing him a speedy recovery so he can suffer from our return to prominence while his beloved semenholes do their best dumpster fire impression.

Advertisement
A little bit too much of this, in this thread:

C70B17DB-2422-47AE-A42C-B00EEDC3FB0C.jpeg

that was a family friend, chuck Amato. Or when they ran the score up 47-0 when we went to tally with 53 ships and they threw Covington against the goal post.

Advertisement
I hope he does well he had some of the greatest quotes and I always told my kids how he changed the offensive side of the ball and the U was responsible for everyone getting rid of the ole option attack.

"Why is it we never get to play Miami in November after they've been through the Notre Dames and the Alabamas? We always get them in September when they can play with anybody." – Bobby Bowden, Sept. 23, 1978, the first time the UM- FSU matchup featured either team ranked in the AP Top 25

"He did more things to us than Bernie Kosar ever did. The guy was masterful." – Bowden after Vinny Testaverde threw for 339 yards with four TD passes against no interceptions in UM's 35-27 win on Nov. 2, 1985.

"Wide right is what has saved Miami's life three ball games." – Bowden on Oct. 3, 1992, referencing his team's kicking woes in the 26-25 loss to UM in 1987, the 17-16 loss in 1991 and the 19-16 defeat in 1992.

"It does break the streak, but I like winning against them just like I like winning against anybody else." – Bowden, on Oct. 12, 1996, after the 'Noles won for the first time against UM in the Orange Bowl in 12 years.

"I've been there before, and I can't stand it. It makes me sick. I simply can't believe we lost the game like that again." – Bowden on Oct. 12, 2002, after the Seminoles dropped to 0-7 in the series in games decided by a single point when kicker Xavier Beitia missed a 43-yard field goal attempt wide left (after four painful losses involving late kicks that sailed too far right) and FSU lost 28-27.

"We have been through it many times. This is first time they've been through it. I know how it feels." – Bowden on Sept. 5, 2005, after a muffed snap prevented UM from getting off a 28-yard field goal attempt that would have tied the score 10-10 with a little more than two minutes left...

"They're going to chisel on my tombstone," Bowden said in '91 after Wide Right I, "'He played Miami.'"
"We were going 11-1 every dang year, and what I was thinking when I said that was, 'Daggum. What we ought to do is drop Miami like those people did,'" he recalled. "Notre Dame played them and dropped them. Penn State played them and dropped them. Florida, too. I was thinking, 'At least, I played Miami.'"

I hope he does well he had some of the greatest quotes and I always told my kids how he changed the offensive side of the ball and the U was responsible for everyone getting rid of the ole option attack.

"Why is it we never get to play Miami in November after they've been through the Notre Dames and the Alabamas? We always get them in September when they can play with anybody." – Bobby Bowden, Sept. 23, 1978, the first time the UM- FSU matchup featured either team ranked in the AP Top 25

"He did more things to us than Bernie Kosar ever did. The guy was masterful." – Bowden after Vinny Testaverde threw for 339 yards with four TD passes against no interceptions in UM's 35-27 win on Nov. 2, 1985.

"Wide right is what has saved Miami's life three ball games." – Bowden on Oct. 3, 1992, referencing his team's kicking woes in the 26-25 loss to UM in 1987, the 17-16 loss in 1991 and the 19-16 defeat in 1992.

"It does break the streak, but I like winning against them just like I like winning against anybody else." – Bowden, on Oct. 12, 1996, after the 'Noles won for the first time against UM in the Orange Bowl in 12 years.

"I've been there before, and I can't stand it. It makes me sick. I simply can't believe we lost the game like that again." – Bowden on Oct. 12, 2002, after the Seminoles dropped to 0-7 in the series in games decided by a single point when kicker Xavier Beitia missed a 43-yard field goal attempt wide left (after four painful losses involving late kicks that sailed too far right) and FSU lost 28-27.

"We have been through it many times. This is first time they've been through it. I know how it feels." – Bowden on Sept. 5, 2005, after a muffed snap prevented UM from getting off a 28-yard field goal attempt that would have tied the score 10-10 with a little more than two minutes left...

"They're going to chisel on my tombstone," Bowden said in '91 after Wide Right I, "'He played Miami.'"
"We were going 11-1 every dang year, and what I was thinking when I said that was, 'Daggum. What we ought to do is drop Miami like those people did,'" he recalled. "Notre Dame played them and dropped them. Penn State played them and dropped them. Florida, too. I was thinking, 'At least, I played Miami.'"
"They're going to chisel on my tombstone," Bowden said in '91 after Wide Right I, "'He played Miami.'" "We were going 11-1 every dang year, and what I was thinking when I said that was, 'Daggum. What we ought to do is drop Miami like those people did,'" he recalled. "Notre Dame played them and dropped them. Penn State played them and dropped them. Florida, too. I was thinking, 'At least, I played Miami.'"

Liked this one the most.

Advertisement
Lost all respect for him when he sent to two backups home before the FSU-VT NC game, but let Jankowski play even though he broke the same team rule. He even admitted his PK was too important. ‘Polish rules’, he called it. And, of course, the media ate it up.

Real talk.. If you're a true Cane fan, you love Bobby Bowden as a person. He did so much for my city.. dammit mane.. I hope he's alright

As I've said in another thread; he was a worthy enemy.

Hated him when he coached against us.

But now? He's an old man that was kicked to the curb like a piece of trash by FSU. He always played us, and in *that* regard, he earned a certain amount of respect from me.

He's not like Steve Spurrier who even now, it wouldn't bother me if that little visor wearing fwaggot died.

Hope ol' Boobie kicks this things ***.

Advertisement
Yeah so you can fck off.
Separate this imaginary realm you live in and know when to man up and offer a man your prayers, Burt.
LOL. You guys can keep phonying it up and sucking the dyck of some old FSU goat who used the Marlin Barnes murder as a chance to make recruiting inroads in Miami. Fck Bowden and fck your monocle and spats.

Advertisement
Back