Kamari Stephens DT

Advertisement
Kid is a stud, he’s a take for me. Get him in S&C and he will be a major player for us. Plays way too high a lot of the time, but that’s coaching, tools are there.

Miller has really reshaped his body since being at Miami, I think He’s going to be a player for us next year for sure. Currently I’m higher on him than any other dt we got not named Silvera and maybe ford

Next year Nesta will kill someone, guaranteed.

Advertisement
Kid is a stud, he’s a take for me. Get him in S&C and he will be a major player for us. Plays way too high a lot of the time, but that’s coaching, tools are there.

He is very similar to Miller. Miller played high like that too

You would think Norton would have told the staff about his lil bro earlier? Wonder what the story is here. Regardless get his *** on campus

You would think Norton would have told the staff about his lil bro earlier? Wonder what the story is here. Regardless get his *** on campus
We have DTs committed RN. And miller took a RS. He’s not a need and would be a reach. So In reality we have 4 DTS who u can count towards this class. No reason to reach. If we take another it needs to be a juco or grad transfer

Advertisement
At some point you need to get players at the position, but not sure if another freshman is warranted here.

Patrick Bethel, Sr
Jon Ford, Jr
Nesta Silvera, So
Jordan Miller, RSFr
Tyreic Martin, RSJr
Jason Blissett, Fr
Jalar Holley, Fr
Jason Munoz, Fr

Next year, IMO, Martin, Blissett, Holley, and Munoz are unusable or are limited in snap count anyway.

That means Miami has a four man rotation at DT. That's not ideal. Especially seeing one of them (Miller) is an unknown low end prospect in only his second year. Patrick Bethel will see a ton of snaps but is more of a rotational interior player anyway.

Basically, you've got Jon Ford and Nesta Silvera needed to make a BIG leap in 2019 and they are backed up by rotational players, unknown commodities, and unusable players.

That ain't good.

Grad Transfer or ready made JUCO is very much needed. The only way I take another freshman is if I swing and miss on transfers or JUCOs...but then, I need to rely on Jason Blissett or some other freshman DT to give me Tito type snaps in 2019. Thats just not ideal.

We have DTs committed RN. And miller took a RS. He’s not a need and would be a reach. So In reality we have 4 DTS who u can count towards this class. No reason to reach. If we take another it needs to be a juco or grad transfer

OK but only 1 last class then? We have rooms if they like a prep DT.

Advertisement
Bethel..Martin..Miller..nesta..Munoz..the GA kid and blisset..no reason imo to reach for this kid. Go grad transfer market or juco

It may not be urgent, BUT...I think 1 more is optimal. Agree with you can get away with 3 this year, but if they like a kid, then by all means you stack the lines, it's a proven formula.

Was surprised at kids tape? Was there grades or injury early in the career? How does Sandalwood have DTs just emerge their senior year?

It may not be urgent, BUT...I think 1 more is optimal. Agree with you can get away with 3 this year, but if they like a kid, then by all means you stack the lines, it's a proven formula.

Was surprised at kids tape? Was there grades or injury early in the career? How does Sandalwood have DTs just emerge their senior year?
Some bigger kids bloom late as far as size and athleticism . Especially on the line. I agree if they like the kid get him. But I’m saying don’t reach just so your numbers look good. That’s how u end up with the Ryan Mayes or Terrance Henley’s

When youre dabbling in a lot of 3*s, I would overload and ask the guys that dont stick to leave.

Advertisement
When youre dabbling in a lot of 3*s, I would overload and ask the guys that dont stick to leave.
Or you can make sure you I have an idea of what u want at that position and go get the right cats. Don’t just sign guys

I think there are better guys still out there even though i dont see a need to reach for a dt this class since we already have 3

Or you can make sure you I have an idea of what u want at that position and go get the right cats. Don’t just sign guys
If we werent so thin on numbers, I'd typically agree with you. This particular year I think you try to get as many as 5 DTs.

If we werent so thin on numbers, I'd typically agree with you. This particular year I think you try to get as many as 5 DTs.
I agree if we talking about cats who will eventually contribute. Can’t deal with Corey Kings and earl Moore’s If you just want “bodies” Go get some preferred WO..

Advertisement
Back