Kam & LTIII - Latest ESPN Mock Draft

Advertisement
I have the same discussion in multiple threads. Assignment matters. Noone would argue that Wilfork wasn't one of the best DT in Miami history. In 13 years in the NFL he had a total of 16 sacks and it wasn't because he wasnt trying. I am not saying LT is Wilfork,
Guys get caught up in stats and that doesn’t really tell the whole story at a position like DT. Our most statistically dominant DT in like 15 years was Gerald Willis. I think he went undrafted. The NFL doesn’t necessarily want guys who shoot gaps chasing TFLs on every down because they often run themselves out of position. It’s great to have a guy who can rush the passer on third down but if he’s getting blown off the ball on first and second down, you’re never going to have to rush the passer because you’re getting run all over.

How much of that is on Taylor and how much is it on our coaches?
When the player is too lazy and lacks the drive to put in the necessary work to reach the pinnacle of his craft, it’s on the player 100% of the time. And while LT is tremendously talented, he’s one of the laziest players in the team and that will not work at the next level.

When the player is too lazy and lacks the drive to put in the necessary work to reach the pinnacle of his craft, it’s on the player 100% of the time. And while LT is tremendously talented, he’s one of the laziest players in the team and that will not work at the next level.

First-hand knowledge or speculation? My own 0.02 is that he stepped up this season despite not having the sack and TFL production that makes for good highlights.

First-hand knowledge or speculation? My own 0.02 is that he stepped up this season despite not having the sack and TFL production that makes for good highlights.
Yeah, he stepped up, every once in a while, He’s not a worker, and it shows in his play on the field. He’ll make an eye popping play and then disappear for the rest of the quarter or half.

Advertisement
Yeah, he stepped up, every once in a while, He’s not a worker, and it shows in his play on the field. He’ll make an eye popping play and then disappear for the rest of the quarter or half.
Bain would have a much better chance even now in making an NFL roster than LT.
Bain is relentless always in hot pursuit, that’s how you do it and it’s already known CFB and NFL.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Bain stays all four years.

Two totally different players

GOCANES

If we want to be honest Kam probably shouldn’t have played as much this year bc of the concussion. I am not sure he was fully healthy. How many games did we watch after a tackle he looked like he was shaking the cobwebs out?? Ijs

There is a very strict and universal protocol for concussions to get back on the field. I can't imagine anyone would circumvent those things as it would open up the school to massive liability, nevermind people would lose medical licenses and jobs.

I'm not saying he didn't have another they didn't maybe catch at some point, but they always err on the side of caution these days. This isn't like yikes past where they would literally send guys back in to get the win.

Advertisement
Back