Kam and JW are apparently leaving

Advertisement
Quick q
Yeah man like I said, we never get that. I'm sure it hurts us that we haven't been good on the field to entice players to come back, but it's hard to be good when your juniors all leave if they have a hint of being drafted.

Tyler Van Dyke
Javion Cohen
Don Chaney Jr.
Corey Flagg
Kam Kinchens
James Williams

Mario better do work in the portal, because right now this teams has gotten a lot worse in 4 days since the season ended.

Agree…Not on every single player listed, but definitely took a hit.

Advertisement
Both are true Canes & appreciate the passion. That said, the boom or bust play was frustrating to watch. Blown coverages, bad angles, attempted arm tackles . . . TVD deservedly took heat for costly mistakes, but Kam in particular played a key role in some losses.

Advertisement
I can't fault someone for trying to better their life based on the options available to them. I think for JW, the NFL will look at what Kyle Hamilton is doing for the Ravens and probably overvalue JW. If he goes to the right system with solid, player-lead leadership, JW can be a monster in the NFL.

If Williams knows that is his grade and still bounces, that is interesting.
This stuff always happens at Miami. So many guys that could have been veteran leaders leave for the draft to either go super late/undrafted and then not do anything in the league. With NIL you'd think some of that would stop

Advertisement
Kam has a late round 2 - early round 3 grade (could go higher and probably will because his interview process should go well)

James Williams- 4th/5th round (all fit related with him)
Why do these Miami guys dip with these mid round grades so often. Isn't he getting decent NIL money?

Kam has a late round 2 - early round 3 grade (could go higher and probably will because his interview process should go well)

James Williams- 4th/5th round (all fit related with him)

That’s what I thought. Round 3-5 for both

These are the type of guys that we need to get to come back to the program. Refine their game to make it more NFL ready and boost their draft stock to rounds 1-3 vs. 3-5.

We’ve seen too many guys leave too early and not make it at the next level. Thought Mario would clean some of this up but apparently not

FSU gets their guys to come back and they win, while we still have guys leaving early

Advertisement
Scouts actually think it could be opposite. Have had multiple tell me they believe he might be a high 4.6-low4.7 guy which would hurt him big time

They need to either see him run well enough to put that to rest, or they need him to gain 15-20 pounds.

Exactly so he’s not ready from a physical perspective and has holes in his game

But Williams isn't the pure safety Kyle Hamilton is along with being a surefire tackler. That's the difference
It was mostly the similar physical measurements that got me thinking of comparing the 2. No doubt Hamilton is a much more refined player.

Advertisement
Back