Kam and JW are apparently leaving

Advertisement
Advertisement
FOH

Attachments

• BC1A089E-7F08-4699-BCB2-22F0218F5161.png
    BC1A089E-7F08-4699-BCB2-22F0218F5161.png
    827.9 KB · Views: 0
JW had a really good season…Big step forward imo...But still some really bad moments. Getting punched by that NC St RB on their game-clinching DB was maybe the worst.

JW better be guaranteed to go in the first 2 rounds? JW only hope is to run a 4.6? Some of these porsts are ridiculous. JW and Kam are going in top 3 rounds and will play on the NFL a long time. Nothing left to prove in college.
We’ve said similar things about recruits and players for the past 20 years.
“Starts here day 1”
“Program changer”
“Gonna kill it in the league”
“Getting a steal if he doesn’t go in day 1”

NFL scouts general managers and coaches make mistakes every **** year and more often than not.

I’m done predicting talent and projections.
If people that have played since youth, coached for 20 years in college and pros can’t predict squat, why should you or I be correct?

I would want to collect as many accolades as I can in College and then try to get the highest draft grade possible.
This 3 and done and maybe 4th or 5th round players is just dumb imo.

Now if you know for a fact that you’ve played your best ball and coaches are saying you’ve maxed out, then by all means bounce.

Also, the league could care less about development. Yes sometimes it happens.
But 4th or 5th rounders aren’t a big investment and get waived if they don’t make an immediate impact.
They drop first round money on you they want to look like they made a good decision and try everything to make sure you weren’t a loss.

Don’t get me wrong I think James Williams and Kam are excellent players.
But too many UM players have been ill advised.

If you want to go to the league day 1 then you better have an nfl body type and iq and be dominant in college.

The nfl is a **** freak show of athletic ability.
You better be seeing every thing in slow motion in D1 or you’re gonna be left behind real quick.

We’ve said similar things about recruits and players for the past 20 years.
“Starts here day 1”
“Program changer”
“Gonna kill it in the league”
“Getting a steal if he doesn’t go in day 1”

NFL scouts general managers and coaches make mistakes every **** year and more often than not.

I’m done predicting talent and projections.
If people that have played since youth, coached for 20 years in college and pros can’t predict squat, why should you or I be correct?

I would want to collect as many accolades as I can in College and then try to get the highest draft grade possible.
This 3 and done and maybe 4th or 5th round players is just dumb imo.

Now if you know for a fact that you’ve played your best ball and coaches are saying you’ve maxed out, then by all means bounce.

Also, the league could care less about development. Yes sometimes it happens.
But 4th or 5th rounders aren’t a big investment and get waived if they don’t make an immediate impact.
They drop first round money on you they want to look like they made a good decision and try everything to make sure you weren’t a loss.

Don’t get me wrong I think James Williams and Kam are excellent players.
But too many UM players have been ill advised.

If you want to go to the league day 1 then you better have an nfl body type and iq and be dominant in college.

The nfl is a **** freak show of athletic ability.
You better be seeing every thing in slow motion in D1 or you’re gonna be left behind real quick.
All valid points. Excellent post. My point is that Kam had to get airlifted to a hospital this year. JW had a torn labrum last year..serious risks in CFB. Without an NFL pro day, senior game, combine, do we really know where these guys project in the draft? Are you reading 5th round somewhere?

Advertisement
JW had a really good season…Big step forward imo...But still some really bad moments. Getting punched by that NC St RB on their game-clinching DB was maybe the worst.
Everyone has flaws on their tape. Some more than others. But the NFL Draft is based on potential. This guy's measurables alone could have him drafted high.

All valid points. Excellent post. My point is that Kam had to get airlifted to a hospital this year. JW had a torn labrum last year..serious risks in CFB. Without an NFL pro day, senior game, combine, do we really know where these guys project in the draft? Are you reading 5th round somewhere?
I don’t know where they’re projecting.
And I totally understand that this game is dangerous.
But other dudes have stayed even after injury.
Nick Chub and Sonny stayed at uga and they’re running backs! Those guys get hurt all the time.
My point is if you’re JW being recruited since 9th grade by everyone and their mama. Top 3 overall recruit in his class.
Unless I know for a fact I’m going first round or at the latest early second round, I’m staying.
It’s like the old saying goes “I didn’t come this far to only come this far”
This thing that gets spread around about “ hey just make it to the league” is wrong.
The difference just between the 1st pick and the 31st is huge.
Bryce young got like 42 million while the 31st pick got 12.8.
Also, first round draft picks get 100 of that guaranteed. Hence, the reason they’ll hold on to them or try and work with them.
Mid second round last year was Jaquan Brisker had a 7.5 million 4 year contract with a 2.5 million signing bonus.
3.5 million guaranteed.
That’s as far as I would be willing to drop that f I’m Kam or JW.

I don’t know where they’re projecting.
And I totally understand that this game is dangerous.
But other dudes have stayed even after injury.
Nick Chub and Sonny stayed at uga and they’re running backs! Those guys get hurt all the time.
My point is if you’re JW being recruited since 9th grade by everyone and their mama. Top 3 overall recruit in his class.
Unless I know for a fact I’m going first round or at the latest early second round, I’m staying.
It’s like the old saying goes “I didn’t come this far to only come this far”
This thing that gets spread around about “ hey just make it to the league” is wrong.
The difference just between the 1st pick and the 31st is huge.
Bryce young got like 42 million while the 31st pick got 12.8.
Also, first round draft picks get 100 of that guaranteed. Hence, the reason they’ll hold on to them or try and work with them.
Mid second round last year was Jaquan Brisker had a 7.5 million 4 year contract with a 2.5 million signing bonus.
3.5 million guaranteed.
That’s as far as I would be willing to drop that f I’m Kam or JW.

Pre-NIL, I've kids should stay in college if they are projected lower than 4th round and have any shot of improving their draft status. Now with NIL, I think that threshold moves to below 3rd round, and for guys like JW, maybe even below 2nd round.

I personally didn't think he played Top 2-3 rounds. But I didn't think Tyrique played well enough to be taken 2nd round last year, either. That's why these kids need to stop listening to friends & family and get a professional draft evaluation, then decide with their professional NIL agent the best option for them. And if they come back, buy some **** insurance!

p.s., none of that applies to kids who are most likely not going to improve their draft status. I would argue that kids like Parrish and Restrepo need to use a different decision tree. I'm not 100% convinced staying is good for them, but maybe they could make more with NIL than in the pros? They really need professional counsel, which fortunately they can legally get now in the NIL era.

Advertisement
I think they both need another year but go make that money if you can.
Hopefully, these kids get a honest assessment of where they might go in the draft, having Highsmith on board should help with that. Personally there were too many bad angles, blown coverages and missed tackles from a pair of NFL ready safeties. Another year of Spring workouts, film study, weight room, and year 2 in Guidry's defense could bolt you into the first round. However, not my pig, not my mud. Best of luck to both whatever they decide.

No one should be upset about these guys leaving.

If yall believe in Mario like yall claim you do, then you should trust that he can & will replace them with much better players.

You guys can't sh*t on Manny Diaz as much as you do, but get bent or out of shape when his players leave, that doesn't make sense.

We need the roster to be refurbished with MariZo evals, there shouldn't be a single Diaz kid left on this roster after continual 7-5 seasons out of them.

We should want a winning culture to be in place & the only way that happens is to get rid of all the JAGS.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back