Kaden Martin 2022 CF/LHP/QB Dual sport athlete Offered

Advertisement
He will be a comp round pick at best. Doubt he is a bonus baby unless he falls to a team that saves money and goes over slot.
Not saying you’re wrong, but MLB scouts love (and their judgment is often skewed because they love) multi sport stars and athletic pedigree.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets drafted before he even plays here
Completely agree but you got to love this. Here on a baseball scholarship so he won’t count as an IC for football and won’t even technically be on a football scholarship unless he plays in a game.

Completely agree but you got to love this. Here on a baseball scholarship so he won’t count as an IC for football and won’t even technically be on a football scholarship unless he plays in a game.

The only tricky part here is that baseball scholarships only (usually) cover partial tuition.

Advertisement
Not saying you’re wrong, but MLB scouts love (and their judgment is often skewed because they love) multi sport stars and athletic pedigree.
He is not a top 20 high school player in the country this year. Maybe top 50. Depends what he wants to do.

For example, a kid at Ole Miss who will be a top 10-15 pick this year was picked 36 overall in 2018 and offered close to 2 million and turned down a comp round pick. Martin is highly unlikely to be chosen that high, especially this year with scouts getting less viewings if any of players.

In his own words... https://www.si.com/college/recruiti...en-martin-details-college-commitment-via-blog

"Everything has been great, I made my decision for the school I wanna attend on Wednesday. The school I picked, Miami, was because they have great coaches, a great history of developing players. I love the school. I always kind of felt like this was the school for me. It was kind of down to three schools, but picking this one for me was about the environment and their winning program.

They're doing a great job this year on baseball and football is doing a good job, too. Can't wait to see what they have in the future. Can't wait to add on to their program!"

Also said there is a certain pick and $ number for determining going pro over college.

Advertisement
So if I understand this right, Martin wont count against football as an IC until he plays in a game?

So if I understand this right, Martin wont count against football as an IC until he plays in a game?
Can't play a game for the football team unless we put him on scholly. Think I saw you have to be on scholarship for your schools highest grossing team. So he could be on scholly for football and also play baseball but he can't be on baseball scholly and play in football games. He can practice with the football team if I saw that correctly however. Not that it matters because he will likely get drafted and go pro before he plays for either team lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
In his own words... https://www.si.com/college/recruiti...en-martin-details-college-commitment-via-blog

"Everything has been great, I made my decision for the school I wanna attend on Wednesday. The school I picked, Miami, was because they have great coaches, a great history of developing players. I love the school. I always kind of felt like this was the school for me. It was kind of down to three schools, but picking this one for me was about the environment and their winning program.

They're doing a great job this year on baseball and football is doing a good job, too. Can't wait to see what they have in the future. Can't wait to add on to their program!"

Also said there is a certain pick and $ number for determining going pro over college.
He also said in another interview from a Tennessee guy, Tennessee lost contact with him on the football side. He loves the Tennessee baseball coach and felt bad that wasn’t his choice but Miami shows him the most love with both sports.

Has MLB announced whether they are going back to their regular draft or if they are going to stick to 5 rounds? Sure that will have an impact as well

Advertisement
Back