Kaden Helms ‘22 TE

Advertisement
Sounds like visiting Miami will allow him to "see different places" and experience new environments. Ultimately, however, I see this Midwest kid landing at OU and its pass-happy offense led by one of the brightest young offensive minds in college football.

Hope I'm wrong...

Last edited:
kid tweeted that he decommitted from nebraska because he wants to "see something different in the world." why OU would be the favorite to land him i will never understand.
I mean, OU is a much better program than Nebraska.

I want every target to pick Miami, too. But, it isn’t a crazy decision for an offensive skill player to go to Oklahoma lol.

Lmao I love Canesinsight. These threads can turn into beef & drama at a moment's notice

Mmmm....beefy drama...

1617978273717.png

Advertisement
kid tweeted that he decommitted from nebraska because he wants to "see something different in the world." why OU would be the favorite to land him i will never understand.
He should link up with ELjr and book a few nights at the Hampton inn in Gainesville and Tallahassee.
That’s some exotic travel. Definitely will open his eyes to the cultural diversity this planet has to offers

He should link up with ELjr and book a few nights at the Hampton inn in Gainesville and Tallahassee.
That’s some exotic travel. Definitely will open his eyes to the cultural diversity this planet has to offers
You want to stay at the Ritz Carlton and eat at the Rusty Pelican? Nah fvck that I wanna go live it up at the Hampton Inn and eat Waffle House.

The spring game opened his eyes more. He noticed the young QBs in action and can't wait to officially visit. He told me how much he liked the campus (visited twice already) and tradition at TE. I told him Oklahoma and ASU don't compare and reminded him that Brevin is next to be drafted. I also reminded him how Rambo left Oklahoma for Miami.

Doing my part!

The spring game opened his eyes more. He noticed the young QBs in action and can't wait to officially visit. He told me how much he liked the campus (visited twice already) and tradition at TE. I told him Oklahoma and ASU don't compare and reminded him that Brevin is next to be drafted. I also reminded him how Rambo left Oklahoma for Miami.

Doing my part!
Should I tell Diaz to put you on payroll?

Advertisement
After watching our no tight end offense on Saturday it made it all the more needed to land a quality tight end prospect this class. Our depth there is lacking

Doing my part!
the-lords-work-you-are-doing.jpg

Advertisement
Depth isnt actually lacking. We have 5 schollie tight ends. 4 were out for the game and 1 incoming.
While that is true Mallory has dealt with injuries. We haven’t even seen arroyo yet. Hodges seems to be in the dog house. Mammarelli is inexperienced as a receiver. We need someone who can come in and give us traditional tight end snaps and catch the ball

After watching our no tight end offense on Saturday it made it all the more needed to land a quality tight end prospect this class. Our depth there is lacking

I wouldn't say our depth is lacking. Our injuries and arrests are sky-high, though.

While that is true Mallory has dealt with injuries. We haven’t even seen arroyo yet. Hodges seems to be in the dog house. Mammarelli is inexperienced as a receiver. We need someone who can come in and give us traditional tight end snaps and catch the ball
You are forgetting Brantley.

Brevin dealt with injuries.

Arroyo is likelty that guy.

Hodges needs to show progress. The te depth aint bare at all

Advertisement
Like which ones?

The top 2 te's currently are both from METRO ATLANTA and ATHENS, GA, the #3 is from South Carolina. Kaden Helms and RJ Maryland are both top 20 players at the position
Catching up on this thread. Saw Jake Johnson, Richt’s baby nephew. At one of Richt’s camps in the summer before he was even in high school. Jake Johnson was just different and I knew he was going to be an elite talent, bodying kids and snagging the ball over upperclassmen who were years into high school.

Three down, one to go for Bellevue West senior-to-be Kaden Helms. The 6-foot-5, 220-pound tight end took an official visit to Oklahoma last weekend.

“It was good,” Helms said of his trip to Norman. “The second day I was there they had a barbecue and brought back a bunch of NFL players, so it was really cool.”

Helms got some face time with former Sooners Adrian Petersen, Kyler Murray, Jalen Hurts, CD Lamb, Wayne Johnson and Sam Bradford.

The weekend was a chance for Helms to not just meet former Sooners. He learned more about the area and enjoyed building a relationship with OU coaches.

“I liked getting a feel for Norman and the Oklahoma City area,” he said. “Meeting the coaches and getting to see the facilities and seeing them in person. I got to know coach (Lincoln) Riley and talked to him one-on-one, which was really good. He’s a good guy and values things for the right reasons.”

In late March, Helms announced a top 10 of Arizona State, Auburn, Florida State, Iowa, Iowa State, LSU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Miami and Tennessee from the 23 power-conference offers he received.

Earlier this month Helms unofficially visited Arizona State (June 4-6) and officially visited Miami (June 11-13). He originally scheduled an official visit to Auburn (June 21-23) but cancelled that and will head to North Carolina for an official visit this weekend (June 25-27).

Last week’s reports of potential recruiting violations at ASU hasn’t ruled out the Sun Devils from consideration to land a commitment from Helms.

“I’m just going to wait and see how everything unfolds,” Helms said of ASU.

Helms is rated as a three-star in the 2022 class according to the 247Sports composite, a ranking that combines the three major national rankings of 247Sports, ESPN and Rivals. 247 ranks him as a four-star and the No. 12 tight end nationally in the 2022 class.

His official visit to South Beach was eye opening.

“Miami was really fun. My host was Will Mallory. He lives in the middle of Miami so we went out and it was cool to see for sure. We ate dinner on South Beach and that was cool,” he said. “Football wise I didn’t know how drastically they need tight ends for the offense to run and that was the biggest thing I took away from them.”

In seven games last fall, Helms had 25 receptions for 322 yards and four touchdowns.

Helms doesn’t have a specific date when he will announce his commitment, although he does want to make a decision before the start of his season.

“Right now I’m thinking sometime in early July,” he said of an announcement date. “Obviously that is subject to change but right now I’m shooting for early July.”

Advertisement
Back