Kaaya Wright & the Awffense - Just How Bad Were They?

The Grim Richter got scared vs FSU cause he knew his QB couldn't get out from under center.

I like Kaaya. I don't love him. But if you know you have a QB that runs a 12.5 shuttle having him under center probably isn't the best route to go.

If you go back and watch Dorsey that kid would get to the top of his drop in a FLASH! It takes Kaayak 12 steps to make a 5 step drop.

If you can't 5-7 step drop from under center effectively then why the fvck is your QB under center?

Nice to have you active here again WTH

Speaking of Dorsey, would love to see him calling plays under Richt. Richt can have all the input he wants in the offense just let someone else call the plays during the game.

Advertisement
Its a rivalry game. It's not us rolling up to a poor Pitt (Inset any other regular team) defense.

It was a combination of our offense sucking and FSU's defense being not nearly as ****ty as indicated by their numbers coming into our game. They have played a very tough schedule against some good offenses. The only semi decent defense we had played prior to FSU was GT, and our offense looked mediocre in that game too.

Comparing how we did to how Charleston Southern did doesn't make sense. That was a low intensity scrimmage game and most of their starters were pulled in the second half.

FSU played mostly man coverage something you can not do against Chad kelly, Lamar Jackson , or the USF QB. UNC QB is mobile, probably a better draft prospect than Kayaa, and UNC has better WRs.

Alot of those yards from those games were busted coverages, or back up safeties whiffing tackles on read option runs. Play press man against a pocket QB and you don't have busted coverages.

Athletically FSUs defense is still top tier. It's dumb to pretend otherwise.

**** did Kaaya lose himself a lot of money on Saturday. For life of me I can't understand how his foot work has not improved one bit since he got here
Does he not do any agility or speed drills? He looks like he is running in quicksand. And why the **** does Richt keep calling plays that requires movement from this bum to make the play work? Time to try something different.

Advertisement
All I can think of is that this game should give Richt and Kaaya plenty of donts going forward.

He needs to get more creative. I think he is a helluva coach but this game was hot garbage from a play calling stand point.

We tried to go play action first play and Kaaya got suplexed. Not sure if that changed a couple things in Richts head as far as opening it up but that set the tone for our O.

**** did Kaaya lose himself a lot of money on Saturday. For life of me I can't understand how his foot work has not improved one bit since he got here
Does he not do any agility or speed drills? He looks like he is running in quicksand. And why the **** does Richt keep calling plays that requires movement from this bum to make the play work? Time to try something different.

This. It's not foot speed, it's foot work. You don't need to be fast to drop back from under center. Bernie Kosar and Dan Marino did it for decades. Kaaya is still not making the correct drop and it's messing up his timing and throwing motion. I don't think he trusts his linemen and he's concerned about getting clobbered. Which he does on a regular basis. If you don't get deep enough on your drop, you can't step up into the pocket to avoid edge rushers. There is still a lot of footwork issues for Kaaya to straighten out. You can see when he's confident and in rhythm, he's accurate. When he's rushed,(not pass-rushed but in too much of a hurry) he shortens his drops and knocks the whole rhythm out and he gets sloppy with passes. It's correctable but honestly, it should have been something a 3rd year starters should have handled easily in the spring/summer.

Do some people actually understand what they are watching or just run to stats? Fsu wasn't doing the same thing defensively as they had vs those other teams.

Vs those other teams they were playing a lot of soft zone coverage and teams were picking it apart.

Jimbo said they were going to make changes and they did. In that game fsu played primarily man coverage and they blitzed a lot more than they had been doing.

This. It's not foot speed, it's foot work. You don't need to be fast to drop back from under center. Bernie Kosar and Dan Marino did it for decades. Kaaya is still not making the correct drop and it's messing up his timing and throwing motion. I don't think he trusts his linemen and he's concerned about getting clobbered. Which he does on a regular basis. If you don't get deep enough on your drop, you can't step up into the pocket to avoid edge rushers. There is still a lot of footwork issues for Kaaya to straighten out. You can see when he's confident and in rhythm, he's accurate. When he's rushed,(not pass-rushed but in too much of a hurry) he shortens his drops and knocks the whole rhythm out and he gets sloppy with passes. It's correctable but honestly, it should have been something a 3rd year starters should have handled easily in the spring/summer.

He is doing the correct drops. Richt does things like tempo drops and ****. The issue is the o-line struggled to give time on the deeper drops. Its hard to step up in the pocket when your inside guys are getting pushed back.

So a lot of times he isnt able to step up and make throws which leads to some of the bad throws you see at times.

Their was one play where as soon as he dropped back the de was right their. How the **** can you throw like that?

Advertisement
It was a combination of our offense sucking and FSU's defense being not nearly as ****ty as indicated by their numbers coming into our game. They have played a very tough schedule against some good offenses. The only semi decent defense we had played prior to FSU was GT, and our offense looked mediocre in that game too.

Comparing how we did to how Charleston Southern did doesn't make sense. That was a low intensity scrimmage game and most of their starters were pulled in the second half.

FSU played mostly man coverage something you can not do against Chad kelly, Lamar Jackson , or the USF QB. UNC QB is mobile, probably a better draft prospect than Kayaa, and UNC has better WRs.

Alot of those yards from those games were busted coverages, or back up safeties whiffing tackles on read option runs. Play press man against a pocket QB and you don't have busted coverages.

Athletically FSUs defense is still top tier. It's dumb to pretend otherwise.

Go look at who caught the last td, which would have been game winner for UNC against fsu superior defense. It was some walkon, he literally didnt give a **** how many 5 stars fsu had, he broke a 5 stars tackle, and ran by 2 jogging 5 star defenders who were half assing it.

Well we're about to go into another ACC game against another putrid defense. If we wind up being vanilla in this game, I'll lose it.

Do some people actually understand what they are watching or just run to stats? Fsu wasn't doing the same thing defensively as they had vs those other teams.

Vs those other teams they were playing a lot of soft zone coverage and teams were picking it apart.

So a coaching staff off a Swiss cheese defense made some adjustments and game planned for their opponent?

Ok I guess we'll disregard our putrid offensive output then. That's just unfair of them.

Advertisement
This "FSU adjusted" mantra is laughable.

So what? In 4 days of practice they completely overhauled their approach, yet we are to believe that they executed those sudden changes flawlessly with 4 days of practice and a guy like Erma Lame running the wrong way at Safety and their best LB and starting Safety missing most of the game.

On top of that, we need to believe that if we had a competent OC that he couldn't adjust to the simple changes FSU made and that we were doomed automatically just because FSU gave us a new look.

Like I said after the game, I hope Rick isn't a stubborn excuse making lout like most of the turds in this CIS punch bowl and that he's willing and capable of making effective changes to the offense.

Advertisement
This "FSU adjusted" mantra is laughable.

So what? In 4 days of practice they completely overhauled their approach, yet we are to believe that they executed those sudden changes flawlessly with 4 days of practice and a guy like Erma Lame running the wrong way at Safety and their best LB and starting Safety missing most of the game.

On top of that, we need to believe that if we had a competent OC that he couldn't adjust to the simple changes FSU made and that we were doomed automatically just because FSU gave us a new look.

Like I said after the game, I hope Rick isn't a stubborn excuse making lout like most of the turds in this CIS punch bowl and that he's willing and capable of making effective changes to the offense.

People will say anything to make themselves feel better. Kayaa stated in a interview last week that FSU mostly played man in 2014, and he picked them apart when he was a freshman. He stated in that same interview that FSU played mostly zone in 2015, and he still pass for 400 yards. Rick has also stated in interviews that you want to attack made because it's easier to attack zone, yet we got clowns are here telling how difficult FSU game plan was. Go figure.

Put me in the category that says FSU's D is way better than those numbers. They fell apart against Louisville which is how those stats became as lopsided as they are. Moreover, they've played a very tough schedule against some of the most explosive offenses in the country.

Ole Miss
Louisville
USF (this is a 10 win team with a **** good offense)
UNC

At the end of the day, FSU was able to get pressure without blitzing and was able to blanket our wide receivers with tight man coverage. Those are signs of a good D (and yes, a bad O on the other side, but to say FSU's defense is not good based on a skewed sample size presents an inaccurate view of just how bad our offense truly is.

Jimbo said they were going to make changes and they did. In that game fsu played primarily man coverage and they blitzed a lot more than they had been doing.

Well then Richt should've made adjustments. Every team should have "man-beaters" and "zone-beaters." If FSU was truly running a lot press-man, a defense our offense should see everyday in practice, then why not make adjustments? Instead we saw the same 8 plays we've seen the first four games of the season.

Advertisement
Back