Kaaya V. Weldon Film

Kaaya played better competition than weldon and it isn't close. Played in the highest classification in cali I believe and he beat a talented Serra team that had multiple USC and other PAC 12 prospects on there in the championship game including adoree Jackson

It wasn't a knock on Kaaya's competition. Just saying that Weldon plays a high level of football and probably would have put up more inflated numbers at a smaller level.

Advertisement
Two things excite me about a new QB this year:

- Wide open competition. No real incumbent so it's truly gonna be about who outplays who

- Favorable schedule/conditions. Complain about the cupcakes if you will, but we get two warm-ups, a trial by fire at Doak, and a pretty manageable schedule the rest of the way. Add to that an established RB, a senior-laden OL, and a potentially killer defense and there's no better time to break in a new QB.

Are you suggesting that Kaaya got outplayed by any of the other quarterbacks last year?

Kaaya will go down as the most unappreciated QB in Miami history. Dude set records behind an Oline full of punks.

Kaaya played better competition than weldon and it isn't close. Played in the highest classification in cali I believe and he beat a talented Serra team that had multiple USC and other PAC 12 prospects on there in the championship game including adoree Jackson

It wasn't a knock on Kaaya's competition. Just saying that Weldon plays a high level of football and probably would have put up more inflated numbers at a smaller level.

Kaaya had some of the best tape coming out of highschool imo. I don't think it's even comparable between the two. I guess we will see soon. My pick to win the battle is Allison or perry

Weldon is decent at best bro I've seen the kid live he's gonna get one of our kids killed he's an fsu legacy in a bad year recruiting qbs for them and they still didn't offer my bad if I'm wrong but he's not some god like you'll claim I'm from Ocala yes but I've seen kosi play and he's legit as they come more deshaun Watson then Lamar Jackson and we see how good that kid is

Kaaya will go down as the most unappreciated QB in Miami history. Dude set records behind an Oline full of punks.

Kaaya had some of the best tape coming out of highschool imo. I don't think it's even comparable between the two. I guess we will see soon. My pick to win the battle is Allison or perry

The issue he has the same bad habits . Staring down WRs

Advertisement
im not as crazy as some are for weldon. im all aboard the kosi train.

Kosi or Allison for me. Allison has a lot of ability hopefully he takes the job in the spring and competes with nkosi in the fall. Either way I see someone out of these qbs we have transferring out

This habit is overblown. You really wanna see a qb stare at his first option watch film on Watson. In fact you rarely see a college qbs check down unless there in an offense that simplifies it for them and they are coached to dump it to the rb

Advertisement

This habit is overblown. You really wanna see a qb stare at his first option watch film on Watson. In fact you rarely see a college qbs check down unless there in an offense that simplifies it for them and they are coached to dump it to the rb

True

Wide open, but I'd think Weldon is the least likely of the 5 to see time next year. Can't wait for Spring.

Only difference one can make plays with legs and get out Trouble . Kaaya is sitting duck waiting to get tee off on

Advertisement
Kaaya was better at navigating pressure in HS than Weldon was

I have no idea how you can get off saying this. Kaaya had amazing senior tape. I know I was a huge fan. I'm not sure he ever really faced much pressure though. He definitely didn't show pocket mobility (largely because he didn't have to so it was an unknown). He either had a clean pocket and threw the ball in rhythm or had pressure coming and through the ball before the pressure got there. Never in his highlight tape did he work the pocket to evade pressure and get more time. Kaaya was truly a statue

I saw 2 full games from Kaaya his senior year. You can also watch teammate or opponents tapes to see how players perform outside of their highlights. Kaaya was good in the pocket, showed the ability to avoid rushers while keeping eyes downfield. It wasn't overly common but it happened.

Weldon bails when he feels pressure. Saw a handful of plays where he had no interest in even trying to throw it. Maybe he can improve handling the rush but I didn't see the acumen for extending plays beyond taking off and running.

Advertisement
Brad was rated much higher by the time he was at the end of his senior year - USC and UCLA wanted him - Weldon could surprise

The reason Weldon is not rated higher was due to injury his junior year which limited his ability to participate in camps and the like. Kid is definitely underrated and I think we got a steal.

I think our QB class is very good this year. Hopefully someone takes the reigns. QB recruiting is the strangest of them all. So many never pan out.

dude shut up that would not have stopped his rankings. you know how many kids got hurt and miss senior season still ranked? ask burns army all american still ranked because enough had already been seen. they tried that crap with marve and jacory, wont work this time only one will play, and i dont think this guy beat out allison or the kaaya back up. so keep holding his nuts!!

Kaaya was better at navigating pressure in HS than Weldon was

I have no idea how you can get off saying this. Kaaya had amazing senior tape. I know I was a huge fan. I'm not sure he ever really faced much pressure though. He definitely didn't show pocket mobility (largely because he didn't have to so it was an unknown). He either had a clean pocket and threw the ball in rhythm or had pressure coming and through the ball before the pressure got there. Never in his highlight tape did he work the pocket to evade pressure and get more time. Kaaya was truly a statue

I saw 2 full games from Kaaya his senior year. You can also watch teammate or opponents tapes to see how players perform outside of their highlights. Kaaya was good in the pocket, showed the ability to avoid rushers while keeping eyes downfield. It wasn't overly common but it happened.

Weldon bails when he feels pressure. Saw a handful of plays where he had no interest in even trying to throw it. Maybe he can improve handling the rush but I didn't see the acumen for extending plays beyond taking off and running.

i watched all his film this guy is just what he is rated. i know people want kids to be like his father but he is not he will ride the pine like testarverde son.

Advertisement
Back