Kaaya released by Panthers

Advertisement
Such bad guidance in Brad's corner. Could be in line for a playoff bid with him under helm. Not like he NEEDED to come out either, his family has money. SMH

Such bad guidance in Brad's corner. Could be in line for a playoff bid with him under helm. Not like he NEEDED to come out either, his family has money. SMH

Kaaya was 0-for-career in games when the Canes were down at the half. Rosier is 3-0 in them.

I'm convinced that we'd be 3-2 with Kaaya back.

We'd be 3-2 right now with Kaaya. I like the guy. Good Cane. But we had 3 years of evidence showing what he could do.

Advertisement

Kaaya was 0-for-career in games when the Canes were down at the half. Rosier is 3-0 in them.

We would have lost to FSU for sure if we had Kaaya to lead us on that last drive. It is what it is. Loved his toughness but you cant just come back to College ya know. Hope he gets picked up on a practice squad to develop. We know the Brandon Dowtys of the world are not as good as Kaaya anyways... he will get his spot soon.

Don't know if I could all the way believe that but I understand why you feel that way.

and how many times does Kaaya sack himself?

Rosier has gotten plenty of 1st downs with his scrambling ability

Advertisement

I'm convinced he wouldn't even be starting had he come back.

I wish him the best. I'm sure he'll find success, whether in football or something else.

We would have lost to FSU for sure if we had Kaaya to lead us on that last drive. It is what it is. Loved his toughness but you cant just come back to College ya know. Hope he gets picked up on a practice squad to develop. We know the Brandon Dowtys of the world are not as good as Kaaya anyways... he will get his spot soon.

i am firmly in this camp. some guys rise to the occasion and some guys shrink in the moment. kaaya was a better performer when it didn't matter as much. rosier is a gamer as some pointed out during fall camp.

Advertisement

We'd be 3-2 right now with Kaaya. I like the guy. Good Cane. But we had 3 years of evidence showing what he could do.

This. It would take a lot to convince me that he could beat FSU. He would have taken sacks on the last couple drives.

I don't get the usage of these selective stats to bash Kaaya.

We were down to F$U at the half this year because Rosier missed on a bunch of passes. If Kaaya is in the game, how do you know that we wouldn't have a halftime lead?

Look, I understand not thinking Kaaya is the best ever, but guys do improve with age (and better coaching) and if we had Kaaya instead of Rosier, we might have had bigger victories over both F$U and GaTech.

It's just a big unknown, and there is no need to trash Kaaya because he had to attempt a bunch of comebacks during 2 years under Golden.

Have you been paying attention?

Not to turn this into a bash Kaaya thread, but I can think of three or four plays easily that he doesn't' make vs GT that Rosier did.

Advertisement
You guys are assuming we would have been in a position where we needed a last second td against FSU and GT had Kayaa been our qb. But that's not a forgone conclusion, we could have been up a couple tds with him, who knows.

I want to feel bad for the kid, but I don't.

He apparently had plenty of people suggesting he go back to school, but he was stubborn.

That whole Brad top 5 pick talk before his junior year got to his head and he believed his own hype.

Wishing him luck nonetheless

Really unfortunate turn of events for a nice kid. For future kids pondering leaving for the NFL early, both he and Yearby are going to be made examples for years to come.

Last edited:
You guys are assuming we would have been in a position where we needed a last second td against FSU and GT had Kayaa been our qb. But that's not a forgone conclusion, we could have been up a couple tds with him, who knows.

Isn't that the most reasonable assumption based on the actual facts? Body of work my friend...body of work.

Advertisement
Back