Kaaya Lions

Advertisement
I still say it was the new haircut he had last year. Completely ruined his game. Other than that, like him or not, cut the kid some slack -- he had to play for Golden and then Mark didn't exactly show up with his A game as QB genius last year. Brad is family, Cane family and that is suppose to mean something. A bad Cane is still better than the greatest smuck from anywhere else. If you don't understand that then you are simply not a Cane.

Did being "family" mean something when 90% of the fan base hated Jacory Harris?? Who was a better qb at UM than Brad Kaaya.

And still making excuses blaming the coaches is weak when Kaaya is the one that couldn't execute simple 5 yard completions.

Yes, the same applied to J12. It is just wrong to hate players wearing our colors, period. Jacory suffered from bad coaching too. Is it an accident that we never really had any great QBs until Howard got here?(Yeah, I love George but Jim Kelly he wasn't) Howard gave us ont one but 3 great QBs, plus a new HC. JJ added and so did Dennis. Then Butch gave one more. All provided better coaching than we have seen the last 15 years. Put Kelly back with some of the idiots before Howard or after Butch and does end up great or hated. Who knows. The constant his the U. We need to be family or we are just another school.

Why he should have stuck around & graduated.

How much money do 5-7 rounders get?

Not much money.

My home boy several years ago was undrafted and made it to the Raiders practice squad for 3 yrs and made about $400k. So I'm going to assume that if he gets drafted and makes a 53 man roster, he's going to be alright.

I'm sorry, but $400K over three years - before taxes - is far from alright, especially since you have to figure out a career after those three years. Young football players who gross $133K in a year don't end that year with a whole lot of money stashed away.

Advertisement
People rip him down because he didn't represent what we require and demand from someone who puts on the U uniform. If Brad Kaaya is what we esteem from a Miami quarterback, then I might as well throw in my fandom. I don't praise and support every player that puts on the uniform, only the ones worthy of it.

I'm having a hard time understanding the idiocy of this discussion. Brad was the one bright spot in the dismal saga of the last three years. He was a steady influence even though our OL had him on his back more often then not. No, he wasn't great but doesn' deserve the trash being said on this post. Teammates didn't like him? Unless I hear this from Pete I'm not going to believe it. Brad is a Cane that gave all that he had to us and he deserves respect for that. My guess is that if CMR wanted to go in a different direction and consequently did not discourage Brad from leaving.

Really?

I could probably name like 10+ guys that were much more entertaining to watch on the last 3 Canes teams than .bard.kaayak.

Advertisement
Kaaya about to take Detroit to a superbowl

Like Tom Brady did with the Pats. Kaaya and Brady are the same. Both were sixth round picks and both hail from California and played for schools known to their fans as UM.
Almost spooky parallels. I wasn't thinking Brady; I was thinking more Kurt Warner. But now that you mention those factors I see it.

Like Tom Brady did with the Pats. Kaaya and Brady are the same. Both were sixth round picks and both hail from California and played for schools known to their fans as UM.
Almost spooky parallels. I wasn't thinking Brady; I was thinking more Kurt Warner. But now that you mention those factors I see it.

And Jim Caldwell as at least as good a coach as Bill Belichick.

Coach Caldwell's numbers are probably fairly close to Coach Belichick's numbers before Brady turned him into a genius.

Coach Caldwell's numbers are probably fairly close to Coach Belichick's numbers before Brady turned him into a genius.

Irrefragable. I expect BK to turn Coach Caldwell into a BB type genius.

Advertisement
You left a chance to compete for Title, an ACC championship, and beat FSU and ND for a shot at the practice squad.

"We talking about practice... Squad"

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/lions-brad-kaaya-struggling-in-training-camp/

Ouch if true. That doesn't seem to be the most reliable source though but whoever told Kaaya to make the leap into the NFL about to be in a Clinton Portis situation real soon. Telling him a bunch of BS and now his NFL career seem to be on a life line because that is not good. Kaaya can't beat out Jake Rudolph? RIP (If true).

I still defend him because people on here act like we had we had Alabama talent or even a decent O-line or Defense most of his years here. I do like the refreshing optimism about who are QB will be but I think Kaaya, with this schedule, is good for 10 wins and a trip to the ACCCG.

I always defended Kaaya based on his stats. Today I am at family's communion and i see a former UM basketball player who is still somewhat connected (we both went to UM). My cousin starts on Kaaya and this guy nonchalantly drops no one liked him on the team. I say no way, he is the best QB since Dorsey. He says everyone ****ted on him in NFL interviews.

****, word? I do remember reading somewhere "People inside the program are excited that he is gone" or something like that. I thought that was a bunch of BS and I kinda still do much, but if this is true then I can see how something like that would get out. I thought if any they were excited he left because Richt could get someone to run Richt RPO system and not that players actually don't like him. It also seemed like Kaaya and Richt didn't see eye to eye on things as I seen in other reports. Maybe Kaaya ain't as great of a kid as we thought.. idk. That would also make since as to why he dropped so far in the draft, maybe.

This isn't true at all. I can't speak for any of the staff but Brad was very well liked amongst the team

Was what Mongo talked about on the radio true?

That the upperclassmen players felt betrayed when Kaaya took RW's position and RW was never even allowed a snap?

I don't think anyone was 'against' Brad, but mostly the seniors thought Ryan should've been the starter.

Advertisement
Lions' fan can expect a long and storied run that will lead that franchise to heights they never imagined. The Ford Family will be known more fore football after Brad is done than they are for automobiles.

kaaya's first victim will be michigan QB, jake ruddock

gonna be fun to be a lions fan....finally.

Jake Ruddock of St. Thomas Aquinas. Do you see the symmetry here? You underdig?

You're teaching me here. Brady took down Michigan QBs in order to get where he's at. Now, it's Kaaya's turn to take down a Michigan QB.

He might not take the job from Stafford right away, but Brady didn't take the job from Bledsoe right away either.

You're teaching me here. Brady took down Michigan QBs in order to get where he's at. Now, it's Kaaya's turn to take down a Michigan QB.

He might not take the job from Stafford right away, but Brady didn't take the job from Bledsoe right away either.

Stafford, who was coached by CMR. Do you see how this works?

Stafford, who was coached by CMR. Do you see how this works?

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Back