Kaaya Lions

The team's record with Kaaya had zero to do with where he was drafted.

Trubiski has a career 8-5 record. His "signature win" is against Miami where he and his offense scored a whole 20 points. Zero in the second half.

Mahomes has a 13-16 record

Kaaya got picked late because he processes information too slowly and doesn't get rid of the ball fast enough. If you can't move, you better think quick and Brad doesn't do either.

Weak argument. You don't think kaaya could've succeeded in an air raid offense like ttech? Get outta here with that mess. Same with trubisky. Those offenses are designed for basically one read. They similar things for the qb. these aren't pro style offenses where you make several presnap reads and go through all your progressions.

Did you even read my post? I made no mention of type of offense. All I said was teams don't really care about the QB's record as a starter.

Did you read my post. I'm referring to assessment in the last paragraph. I didn't say anything about his record either.
So you're saying Kaaya is a quick decision maker? Still not getting your point. Sure, he could have put up numbers in an Air Raid system but putting up numbers isn't his issue.

Just as fast a decision maker as anyone else drafted this year. None of those other qbs coming from pro style offenses. Which I think we're headed towards dumping. We're one of the free teams that still run it. Even the kaaya being a statue thing is lazy analysis. Jacory and Stephen both were mobile and both looked liked statues. Morris was tied for the fastest 40 time at the combine (other qb being manziel) yet we rarely saw him make a play with his feet. Would could reasonably believe that there is a practice/coaching issue there. Now with us going towards running a offense for mobile qbs and simpler reads this shouldn't be an issue moving forward

Advertisement
Weak argument. You don't think kaaya could've succeeded in an air raid offense like ttech? Get outta here with that mess. Same with trubisky. Those offenses are designed for basically one read. They similar things for the qb. these aren't pro style offenses where you make several presnap reads and go through all your progressions.

Did you even read my post? I made no mention of type of offense. All I said was teams don't really care about the QB's record as a starter.

Did you read my post. I'm referring to assessment in the last paragraph. I didn't say anything about his record either.
So you're saying Kaaya is a quick decision maker? Still not getting your point. Sure, he could have put up numbers in an Air Raid system but putting up numbers isn't his issue.

Just as fast a decision maker as anyone else drafted this year. None of those other qbs coming from pro style offenses. Which I think we're headed towards dumping. We're one of the free teams that still run it. Even the kaaya being a statue thing is lazy analysis. Jacory and Stephen both were mobile and both looked liked statues. Morris was tied for the fastest 40 time at the combine (other qb being manziel) yet we rarely saw him make a play with his feet. Would could reasonably believe that there is a practice/coaching issue there. Now with us going towards running a offense for mobile qbs and simpler reads this shouldn't be an issue moving forward

OK gotcha. I agree the offense wasn't doing him any favors.

1) Morris had ankle injuries at UM 2) kid never wanted to run - would prefer to try and squeeze passes into small windows

I always defended Kaaya based on his stats. Today I am at family's communion and i see a former UM basketball player who is still somewhat connected (we both went to UM). My cousin starts on Kaaya and this guy nonchalantly drops no one liked him on the team. I say no way, he is the best QB since Dorsey. He says everyone ****ted on him in NFL interviews.

It always seemed like that was the case, never really looked like the players gravitated towards him or viewed him as a leader. Even Braxton Berrios seemed to distance himself from him last season (I think he was tired of all the uncatchable balls being thrown to him).

I remember Kaaya's freshman year and how players like Duke Johnson and Denzel Perryman never really were around him at all or spoke up for him, they wanted Ryan Williams to be their starting QB bc thats who they liked and respected.

The politics in football aint no joke, if anyone sees a weakness in you or some soft **** then you wont get respect on the team or fb field. The biggest issue with Brad Kaaya was his complete lack of leadership and complete inability to galvanize his teammates around him. Maybe bc his teammates didnt have faith in him from the jump.

Advertisement
Stafford, when asked if he thought Kaaya might be faster than him, said, “God, I hope not.”

Matt coming in ice cold!

He isn't a NFL qb and that's the reality. Hope he can come back and get his degree.

You left a chance to compete for Title, an ACC championship, and beat FSU and ND for a shot at the practice squad.

"We talking about practice... Squad"

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/lions-brad-kaaya-struggling-in-training-camp/

As I said in another post Dee Delaney actually uprooted his life for one last chance to improve his draft position. Kaaya didn't even have to go anywhere but instead bailed on a great chance to improve his draft position. I've always been a fan of Kaaya. But this was just a terrible move for him.

Advertisement
You left a chance to compete for Title, an ACC championship, and beat FSU and ND for a shot at the practice squad.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/lions-brad-kaaya-struggling-in-training-camp/

Ouch if true. That doesn't seem to be the most reliable source though but whoever told Kaaya to make the leap into the NFL about to be in a Clinton Portis situation real soon. Telling him a bunch of BS and now his NFL career seem to be on a life line because that is not good. Kaaya can't beat out Jake Rudolph? RIP (If true).

I still defend him because people on here act like we had we had Alabama talent or even a decent O-line or Defense most of his years here. I do like the refreshing optimism about who are QB will be but I think Kaaya, with this schedule, is good for 10 wins and a trip to the ACCCG.

I always defended Kaaya based on his stats. Today I am at family's communion and i see a former UM basketball player who is still somewhat connected (we both went to UM). My cousin starts on Kaaya and this guy nonchalantly drops no one liked him on the team. I say no way, he is the best QB since Dorsey. He says everyone ****ted on him in NFL interviews.

****, word? I do remember reading somewhere "People inside the program are excited that he is gone" or something like that. I thought that was a bunch of BS and I kinda still do much, but if this is true then I can see how something like that would get out. I thought if any they were excited he left because Richt could get someone to run Richt RPO system and not that players actually don't like him. It also seemed like Kaaya and Richt didn't see eye to eye on things as I seen in other reports. Maybe Kaaya ain't as great of a kid as we thought.. idk. That would also make since as to why he dropped so far in the draft, maybe.

Last edited:

Ouch if true. That doesn't seem to be the most reliable source though but whoever told Kaaya to make the leap into the NFL about to be in a Clinton Portis situation real soon. Telling him a bunch of BS and now his NFL career seem to be on a life line because that is not good. Kaaya can't beat out Jake Rudolph? RIP (If true).

I still defend him because people on here act like we had we had Alabama talent or even a decent O-line or Defense most of his years here. I do like the refreshing optimism about who are QB will be but I think Kaaya, with this schedule, is good for 10 wins and a trip to the ACCCG.

****, word? I do remember reading somewhere "People inside the program are excited that he is gone" or something like that. I thought that was a bunch of BS and I kinda still do much, but if this is true then I can see how something like that would get out. I thought if any they were excited he left because Richt could get someone to run Richt RPO system and not that players actually don't like him. It also seemed like Kaaya and Richt didn't see eye to eye on things as I seen in other reports. Maybe Kaaya ain't as great of a kid as we thought.. idk. That would also make since as to why he dropped so far in the draft, maybe.

This isn't true at all. I can't speak for any of the staff but Brad was very well liked amongst the team

This news isnt surprising. I was one of the few that didnt think Kaaya could even make 2nd string qb in the NFL.

The surprising thing to me is how so many on this board actually believed he could start?? I guess its still the oline and coaches fault.

Him leaving UM early clearly wasnt the best decision for him but it was the best thing to happen for this program going into the season... hate to say it but breaking in a new qb still gives us a better chance to win than having Kaaya back for another year.

This isn't true at all. I can't speak for any of the staff but Brad was very well liked amongst the team

I didn't think it was true either. Kaaya doesn't strike me as an ******* behind the scene to the point his teammates hate 'em. Good to know.

Advertisement

Aw man, I was looking forward to a day and a half of stories about how everybody knew all the players hated Kaaya the whole time. Killjoy.

Was what Mongo talked about on the radio true?

That the upperclassmen players felt betrayed when Kaaya took RW's position and RW was never even allowed a snap?

Advertisement
Who the **** needs FSU or UF trolls on this board when half of the "fans" on here will troll their own ASAP! Some of ya'll r weirdos. I ain't no rah rah ni99a, but my god, some of ya'll can't wait to bash players. Give Kaaya a break; he was a good QB here. Not his fault we had an incompetent coaching staff for 2/3 of his career. Not his fault our D couldn't hold a lead against FSU in 2015. Not his fault an OL can't hold a block for 1 sec for a PAT in 2016. Like give the ni99a a break. Personally, I hope he balls out. Any one who repped this U and wind up successful, is another notch in my team's belt for creating NFL players.

Who the **** needs FSU or UF trolls on this board when half of the "fans" on here will troll their own ASAP! Some of ya'll r weirdos. I ain't no rah rah ni99a, but my god, some of ya'll can't wait to bash players. Give Kaaya a break; he was a good QB here. Not his fault we had an incompetent coaching staff for 2/3 of his career. Not his fault our D couldn't hold a lead against FSU in 2015. Not his fault an OL can't hold a block for 1 sec for a PAT in 2016. Like give the ni99a a break. Personally, I hope he balls out. Any one who repped this U and wind up successful, is another notch in my team's belt for creating NFL players.

I approve this message. Does Brad have some short comings, yes.. Is he a scrub QB who can't play, no. Give him some time and let's see what happens. I am rooting for him even though I think he should have come back. By all accounts, he has an NFL QB brain and just needs proper coaching.

Advertisement
Back