Kaaya - Kiper / Rotoworld

TC7D

2000 Cane
Kiper on Kaaya: He's a mid-rounder

ESPN's Mel Kiper says Miami QB Brad Kaaya is a Rds. 3-4 prospect

We think Kaaya made a big unforced error by opting into the NFL as a true junior. Instead of entering his senior campaign as a first-round possibility and one of the nation's best quarterbacks, he's settled for a mid-round slot, the land where teams take developmental prospects to bury behind established starters. An NFC personnel director told NFL.com's Lance Zierlein earlier this month that Kaaya could end up being "just another guy."

Advertisement
Based upon how weak this draft is and how many teams need QBs, doubt he last that long, especially w/ a strong combine showing. He'll get bumped only b/c of that.

I think he made a BIG mistake. But we also dont know any of the behind the scenes info. Richt and crew seem to want to make this team theirs ASAP

Advertisement
Actually Kaaya is projected to be 2-3 rd pick by most analyst. Once Watson is gone it will be a frenzy on QBs. I really think this is a very good projection because most scouts recognized that most NFL offensive lines are 100 times better than what Kaaya had at the U. With that said, the best knock anyone has on Kaaya is mobility and we see what top OCs in the league can do to mask this deficiency.

I dont see how Kaaya staying wouldve helped his draft stock and would be surprised if he goes higher than the 4th round. UM is better off without him and i think he prefers to be a late round pick and a 2nd or 3rd string qb in the nfl to avoid the pressure.

Advertisement
Based upon how weak this draft is and how many teams need QBs, doubt he last that long, especially w/ a strong combine showing. He'll get bumped only b/c of that.

Unlike Nojokeu who is a physical freak, Kaaya isn't blowing anybody away at the combine.

Brad might surprise us remember people did not this that highly of Tom Brady coming out of Michigan. I'm not saying he's the next Brady but the kid might make some noise.

Probably better for his long term career to get drafted as a developmental project than to get picked by a horrible team and rushed into a starting role.

who cares at this point? the kid is gone from miami. let him go where he goes. kiper is a 2 bit coke head from the 80s.

Advertisement
Kiper isn't as reliable as he use to be. He's basically more interested in selling his draft guides than putting in the extra work in scouting. Not too mention he seems to be in bed with the SEC now primarily bc of his relationship with esecpn

The more evaluations that come out the stranger his decision seems. My guess is he was ready to go, ever since he made the comment after he turned 21 that he was going to go have a beer and relax, because it was tough to be the QB at Miami I've felt he didn't much care for the pressure or criticism, just my .02

DTP nailed it though, go sit behind a good QB and get developed.

Kiper on Kaaya: He's a mid-rounder

ESPN's Mel Kiper says Miami QB Brad Kaaya is a Rds. 3-4 prospect

We think Kaaya made a big unforced error by opting into the NFL as a true junior. Instead of entering his senior campaign as a first-round possibility and one of the nation's best quarterbacks, he's settled for a mid-round slot, the land where teams take developmental prospects to bury behind established starters. An NFC personnel director told NFL.com's Lance Zierlein earlier this month that Kaaya could end up being "just another guy."

Didn't he enter his Junior Campaign as a first-round possibility?

If he came back, had a similar year as a Senior as he did as a Junior, his stock would've fallen even further. I think he made the right decision to leave.

Advertisement
there aren't that many premier QBs in this draft so he might go sooner, potentially could be the 4th? 5th? QB off the board. Do agree with the poster that said it'd be better for him to go sit behind someone rather than go to a terrible team that needs a savoir.

He hated it at Miami. Pressure was getting to him.

Being the beta that he is, he's probably perfectly content going and being a JAG backup in the NFL.

Uncomfortable in the spotlight

I wish him the best but couldn't care less about dissecting where he may go at this point (I predict early 4th round). I say that because his post Draft declaration comments basically reflected that he didn't care where he was projected but just that he got a draftable grade period. So the real stupidity here might end up not being going late in the Draft but not caring if you did.

Advertisement
Back