Kaaya - Kiper / Rotoworld

I will start with two things Kaaya did. One, he delivered the U it's first Bowl game win in a decade. And two, in doing so as the OL developed he proved that he was a much better QB in the pocket than many point as an issue earlier in the season. Also, he proved that he could adjust to yet a third offense in his three year career at the U but if I mentioned that it would go beyond the two that I said I would start with. I will let someone else mention it.

The defense, AR15 and Nojokeu delivered the bowl win. Kaaya played as poorly as he did all season through the first quarter. If it wasn't for the defense holding down the fort, WVU pulls away and we lose. Maybe it is "fanboy" stuff, but Kaaya is not the kind of player that puts the team on his back and refuses to lose. Does the NFL care about that? Maybe not.

Advertisement
Based upon how weak this draft is and how many teams need QBs, doubt he last that long, especially w/ a strong combine showing. He'll get bumped only b/c of that.

Unlike Nojokeu who is a physical freak, Kaaya isn't blowing anybody away at the combine.

While I am not a Kaaya apologist, have to disagree with projection of how his combine performance will be viewed. Nobody expects him to light it up in athletic testing so I don't think that will hurt him (someone will make stupid Brady references and saying quarterbacks don't have to wow). But as one of the better traditional pro-style guys in the draft, he could have very successful throwing drills compared to others (for which I am sure he is practicing non-stop for) and I would imagine he would interview very well from the intelligence/film room standpoint (while Richt never went out of his way to praise hie leadership or physical ability that I recall, he did always talk about how smart the kid was). He is clearly a developmental pick, and best suited to sit behind someone for a couple years, but the bottom line is he will be the highest drafted Canes QB in the past 25 years.

I'm sure Kaaya will ace the Wonderlic. Hasn't helped him avoid a pass rush.

Based upon how weak this draft is and how many teams need QBs, doubt he last that long, especially w/ a strong combine showing. He'll get bumped only b/c of that.

Unlike Nojokeu who is a physical freak, Kaaya isn't blowing anybody away at the combine.

While I am not a Kaaya apologist, have to disagree with projection of how his combine performance will be viewed. Nobody expects him to light it up in athletic testing so I don't think that will hurt him (someone will make stupid Brady references and saying quarterbacks don't have to wow). But as one of the better traditional pro-style guys in the draft, he could have very successful throwing drills compared to others (for which I am sure he is practicing non-stop for) and I would imagine he would interview very well from the intelligence/film room standpoint (while Richt never went out of his way to praise hie leadership or physical ability that I recall, he did always talk about how smart the kid was). He is clearly a developmental pick, and best suited to sit behind someone for a couple years, but the bottom line is he will be the highest drafted Canes QB in the past 25 years.

I'm sure Kaaya will ace the Wonderlic. Hasn't helped him avoid a pass rush.

Or not be afraid of the THOUGHT of the pass rush.

Hey, if you want to credit the defense go ahead, if you want to credit AR15 go ahead and if you want to credit Nojokeu go ahead. However, neither of the three would have won U your first bowl game in 10 years without Kaaya putting the team on his back and winning the field position game which benefited the defense, being patient in the pocket and making the reads and throws to both AR15 and Nojokeu. Bottomline, you don't win your first bowl game unless Kaaya proves that he is a winner, a leader and can takeover a game early; In which he did so by matching the record in UM history with the most TD's passes thrown in UM history, which I will also add, consists of a QB history that is second to none including Heisman trophy winners at that position.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back