Kaaya gone

Advertisement
You guys that think Rosier will be the QB are going to be really upset. He struggled with accuracy all spring and fall and barley won the backup position over Testaverde in the fall.

Richt recruited 2 QBs for a reason and he will start one of them guarantee

Kaaya is no longer the QB here, so time to move on. I am excited for the future and what the current guys and ones coming in have to offer.

You happy aint it? You hated the guy. Its ok to admit it now.

I didn't hate him, but he never lived up to what he was supposed too and I saw that pretty early.

You can say that about every um player since the Coker era. It's not exclusive to only kaaya like some make it seem...

One thing very under appreciated about Kayaa in my opinion is he threw very few INT's. 7 picks in 2016 and 5 in 2015. This is what scares me the most about whoever starts next year. We all know TO's will kill you especially in the games you "should" win.

Advertisement
Kaaya is no longer the QB here, so time to move on. I am excited for the future and what the current guys and ones coming in have to offer.

I didn't hate him, but he never lived up to what he was supposed too and I saw that pretty early.

You can say that about every um player since the Coker era. It's not exclusive to only kaaya like some make it seem...

Dorset, Duke, Wolford and that OL made things a bit easier for Kaaya his freshman season, yet the focus was on Kaaya being a "1st round pick". As much as I love Dorsey, he was a QB that benefited from his surroundings. The only difference between Kaaya and Dorsey is Dorsey was a leader.

One thing very under appreciated about Kayaa in my opinion is he threw very few INT's. 7 picks in 2016 and 5 in 2015. This is what scares me the most about whoever starts next year. We all know TO's will kill you especially in the games you "should" win.

Yea he just held onto the ball and took sack after sack.

Yea he just held onto the ball and took sack after sack.

we were 52nd this year in sacks allowed. Not really that bad considering our OL...Actually pretty good LOL

Odds on whether he will be in the 2032 revival of the satellite tv commercial of former CFB stars who went bust in the NFL and want to go back to college?

Advertisement

Dorset, Duke, Wolford and that OL made things a bit easier for Kaaya his freshman season, yet the focus was on Kaaya being a "1st round pick". As much as I love Dorsey, he was a QB that benefited from his surroundings. The only difference between Kaaya and Dorsey is Dorsey was a leader.

Dorsey was on the best team ever so his situation was entirely different from kaaya. I doubt he was the main leader on that team with a roster full of guys like Clinton Portis, ed reed , Jeremy shocked, Andre Johnson and many, many more..

Kaaya absoulutely made the right decision. 3 year starter, rebounded and finished this season off great with 62% 3555 yards 28 tds 7 ints. Above all it's a weak qb draft class. Another reason is that he took quite a beating from the oline inconsistency. Who is to say that won't happen again? Also on the hoof that 2018 draft class looks pretty strong with guys like Sam darnold, josh Rosen, Mason Rudolph, baker mayfield, josh allen, Luke Falk, Lamar Jackson and many more. Why not leave?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yes, he is a Cane, and I wish him success moving forward, but I don't understand all these Kaaya homers like you. He displays very little in what I look for in a college football player. Unless he is drafted in the 1st two rounds, Brad made a selfish decision only caring about himself. He didn't win anything here and only accumulated a bunch of empty stats against weaker opponents. The funny thing is that -- he might have the most passing yards in school history, but he won't even rank in the top 7 in quarterbacks in our recent history (since 1980), and will not be considered part of the University of Miami Quarterback Dynasty. In 20 years, people will have trouble remembering who our quarterback was during these years.

I am ambivalent about Kaaya's decision. Staying in 2017 would have given Perry and Weldon time to learn the system and the college game. Kaaya would also have given UM the best chance for an improved record. On the other hand, Kaaya was not going to lead UM to the promised land next year. I have said repeatedly that 2018 will be the year for Richt to fish or cut bait. Another year is needed to put together the overpowering OL that championship contenders need. (UM already is well on the way to reaching that level with the DL.) UM was not going to become elite in 2017, with or without Kaaya.

Frankly, I don't think Kaaya will be successful in the NFL beyond being a career backup. He lacks pocket presence. We know that he lacks mobility, but he doesn't have to be another Russell Wilson, Aaron Rogers, or Alex Smith. Look at some of the the NFL's top QBs who are not especially mobile. Brady, the Manning brothers, Brees, and Rivers are not mobile, but they can sense the pressure and quickly get rid of the ball with a completion or a throw-away. They can move up in the pocket as it collapses to complete a pass. They recognize where the blitz is coming from and hit the hot receiver. They can even roll out and throw with accuracy. Kaaya had not shown these qualities in his three years as starting QB. I wish him the best. I hope that a NFL QB coach will teach him to complete passes under pressure. Honestly, I think don't think he will develop into a starting NFL QB.

Advertisement
This is the best thing that could happen, Coach Richt is going to have a mobile qb that can run his offense the way its suppose to, and also the qbs on the roster are all going to push each other and get better bc they want the top spot.

This is the same ting people said when Dorsey left. We need a more athletic QB.

We shall see.

Will probably get negged for this but....

Kid never did anything for us. Didn't win one big game during his time here. His 3 years were very forgettable.

And to be honest, we will probably never hear his name again because this dude will not likely ever be an NFL starting QB

And now he's abandoning his team on top of it all

Hopefully Allison or Perry are the goods

Last edited:
Word from some people I know who are friends with him said he didn't have a great relationship with Richt. They said Richt was hard on him and blamed him for a lot of the offense's problems. One friend even told me Kaaya had allegedly stated, "I'd rather get drafted in the 7th round or sign as a free agent then play under Richt again". To top it off, Kaaya had given that friend his new cell phone number because he was getting a new phone for after the draft. This was like 3 or 4 days ago.

I believe this.

Gundy has his QB coming back to Oklahoma State.
Smart has Chubb AND Michel coming back to UGA
Leach has Falk going back to Washington State
Stoops has Mayfield coming back (for now)

If Kaaya was clicking with Richt, he'd trust him to further develop him.

Well that's a **** shame if the kid can't take some criticism. Time to move onto the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he just think Richt sucks as a qb coach. Is what it is. Besides One guy in Matt Stafford who was th number one recruit in the nation I believe, who else has this guy put in the 1st three rounds as nfl qb.How many years was this guy at georgia also? I swear it was the same thing with golden, you guys started blaming the kids before you started blaming the coaches and it wasn't until all **** broke loose with golden and his ****squad that people finally realized it was the coaches.

WHY DO people do that? Literally **** was crazy when more than a few of you believed that "me guy" d\bull**** gulden was spitting.

Advertisement
Back