Kaaya gone

Whats with all the saltiness over Kaaya. Dude will be an NFL pick.When is the last time a Miami qb was drafted?

Advertisement
Cant run Richts RPO and Richt wont let him run the spread, Brad made a good choice to leave.

Good decision for Brad, bad decision for UM!

Go get'em kid. Real canes fans will be rooting for you!

Why are most canes fans hating on brad kaaya. What games are yall watching? This guy was a good QB for us problem is he's a west coast shotgun type QB. I dont get it yall say hes garbage but want him back? Which one is it? Stop hating on the man. He'll be our 1st canes drafted guaranteed and a 1st or 2nd round pick. And anyone who wants to put money hes 1st canes to get drafted let me know.

have u watched bowl games? it maks u realize brad is not that good. he floats balls, processes the game slow, he locks onto a wr and if its not open, he is lost. im sorry this kid is not that good.

Ok then if he isnt that good then you shouldnt mind that he declared then. He is that good and you know it. You only get mad when you love something and they broke your heart. You dont get mad when someone terrible leaves. He couldve gotten us to 10 wins next year. We won't reach that with any of the current QBs. Stop hating on the man.

Advertisement
I haven't seen many positive draft profiles for him. Him and Richt must have really bumped heads

Kiper said he should have stayed but has him as a late 2nd rounder early 3rd. I seen another guy i forgot his name but said he needs work on his footwork but he is projecting him 2nd round too.

Good luck to the young man. I know a lot of us were tough on him when he was here, perhaps putting unrealistic expectations on his shoulders. We, as fans, can be a tough bunch but in the end I'd like to think we all wish you the best.

Go do your thing and make the most of this opportunity all of. us would love to have but unfortunately weren't talented enough to have in this game we love, football.

Kaaya absoulutely made the right decision. 3 year starter, rebounded and finished this season off great with 62% 3555 yards 28 tds 7 ints. Above all it's a weak qb draft class. Another reason is that he took quite a beating from the oline inconsistency. Who is to say that won't happen again? Also on the hoof that 2018 draft class looks pretty strong with guys like Sam darnold, josh Rosen, Mason Rudolph, baker mayfield, josh allen, Luke Falk, Lamar Jackson and many more. Why not leave?

It's not all about stats though Brock. Most who say he isn't making the best choice are going off his fundamentals, his footwork, his average arm, his ability to sense pressure, his ability to put the team on his back.

Now, I'll give you the weak draft class argument. Nevertheless, he is a Cane and I wish him the best...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
If he gets drafted in the first 3 rounds, especially if its to a good organization, he did the right thing. All that stuff he needs to work on, he can work on while getting paid. He can work on while getting through his rookie capped contract. Guys like Nick Foles, EJ Manuel, Chad Henne, Case Keenam, Chase Daniel, etc are making 3 to 7 million per year. Brad has more upside than those guys.

If this is a function of trying to go in a "shallow" QB class, then i get it.. someone might reach and take him earlier because there aren't many options. I don't understand leaving early to be a third rounder, unless leaving next year would make him an even later round pick. Dude would be suited well to go to a Patriots type team. Good team, good coaching, time to sit etc.. but there's more terrible teams than there are good ones.

No. We spent 3 disappointing seasons developing him. As Canes fans, we deserve a 4th year where we can have a polished quarterback. He is selfish and is taking a suspect draft evaluation and ditching his teammates.

This is a team sport. His accomplishments at the U are ALL individual.

Advertisement
I for one is glad he opted to leave. While I appreciate every kid that does his best for The U, Kaaya did not meet the leadership and intensity a Canes team should have. His liabilities lessened his average assets. It's best that the new breed of Canes grow up with a gritty and athletic QB (who ?) this team needs. I think we'll fair better with someone that doesn't need a presidential detail protection to make a play.

Advertisement
It's not just about a weak QB class, it's about a weak QB class that follows the prior year's weak QB class.

Remember people fighting it out over Goff and Wentz? Yikes.

It's likely that someone in need of a QB overreaches for him in rounds 2 or 3.

If he came back and we made a legit run at the ACC, posting a 10-2 or 11-1 type season, he would likely go round 1 as many thought he would this year, but that's a big risk.

I like Brad and wish him well, he made a lot of nice throws during big games but he never won us one either.

I doubt Brad lacks the confidence to think he can't, but losing Coley and Njoku makes it more uncertain.

Down 2 top targets, weak year, already started three seasons. I get it. Onward.

Will probably get negged for this but....

Kid never did anything for us. Didn't win one big game during his time here. His 3 years were very forgettable.

And to be honest, we will probably never hear his name again because this dude will not likely ever be an NFL starting QB

And now he's abandoning his team on top of it all

Hopefully Allison or Perry are the goods

Agree completely.

I do wonder what his decision would have been had the 1st Q against WVU carried over to the other 3.

Once we started rolling I knew he was gone.

Shirrefs doesn't look like the baby faced kid he was when he got here. If he was 210 in August, and keeps growing, he'll be a big, athletic dude come this spring. Not sure why people are writing him off.

Advertisement
Back