Kaaya gone

Appreciate EVERYTHING he did and he is ready. He came in behind a senior and got thrown straight into a fire. At a time the coaching staff couldn't find anyone and was successful to an extent. Broke multiple records, and with the current crop of QBs in the NFL will find the field eventually. Good luck to him

Advertisement
If you think a QB not coming in til summer will get starting reps, you enjoy cocaine sniffing and crack pipe inhaling.

No way Perry is 185. That kid needs serious work if he's going to start and survive with another potentially ****** offensive line.

Agreed, if he plans being in the mix kid better be working his *** off this spring and had better out on some weight and come in knowing the playbook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disappointing but it's his life.

I thank him for choosing the Hurricanes and leaving the program better than he found it. His legacy here will be incomplete, though, and he passed up the chance to do something special.

better than he found it? we were 9-4 the year before he took over lol the 4 losses came with duke and dorsett injured and morris playing on one leg.

That team finished on a four-game losing streak with a lineup full of NFL starters. This team finished on a five-game winning streak and has positive momentum in the off-season for the first time in a decade.

Advertisement

I thank him for choosing the Hurricanes and leaving the program better than he found it. His legacy here will be incomplete, though, and he passed up the chance to do something special.

This. Very disappointing decision. After the game the other day they asked him about his legacy and he said the same as the bolded and it struck me as such a non-competitor statement. Logical and true, sure, but I don't think any of the guys going to Bama right now are going there to "leave the program better". They want to win. They want to be the absolute best. Unless you're Aaron Rodgers good, that's what it takes to win championships. Hunger. Being content to be a top 50 pick best case and pass up the chance to actually WIN and accomplish big things in college is weak. Truly think it's something he will look back on and regret.

Lol some of you all must enjoy playing fantasy football too much. Over guys not having the hearts to be champions and chasing low round grades in the NFL. How do other teams get their stars to come back more than we do and ours aren't even 3rd round considerations at best. Guess it's the curse of being NFLU but as for Brad, he never beat FSU, never put this team on his back to win us a game that was actually meaningful and I'm supposed to support him? I support this U and those that wish to champion it. Eff the tommy Streeters and kayaas of the world.

Bye Felicia

Bennu should be an NFL QB scout! Andrew posted this in another thread that is now locked. I've had essentially the same criticisms of Brad, especially him not playing well under pressure. Hopefully, he will improve in these areas at the next level.

"12/31/16: One general manager of a playoff team that is very skilled at quarterback evaluation said they had Kaaya as fifth-round pick. They feel he has no mobility, can't throw well while under pressure, and while his arm is decent, he doesn't blow them away. Two other teams said they graded Kaaya as a late third-, early fourth-rounder. Multiple teams also expressed that they have concerns about Kaaya lacking leadership."

Our OL took a lot of heat, and some of it was absolutely on them, but multiple games I saw Brad run out of an intact pocket and essentially cause himself to be sacked. The only game I thought the OL played horrendous was va tech. I think some posters might be surprised that we gave up fewer sacks than Washington, Va Tech, or FSU. We need to improve no doubt, but some of our issues with pass protection were on Richt, some on Kaaya, and some our guys just getting whipped at the LOS.

We often hear a guy can make all the throws. That's certainly true for Brad, but playing QB is more than just being able to make all the throws. It's being able to make good decisions and make all the throws at the KEY MOMENTS in the game and when the game is on the line. I too often felt Brad would miss opportunities at critical points in games - even in games when his overall stats looked decent or even good. A glaring example of that was the INT in the end zone against FSU this season, which would have extended our lead while FSU was then struggling on offense. For a QB with more than 30 starts under his belt in that type of big game, I thought that was a real indicatement of his decision making as a QB. Even if we did not score a touchdown on that drive a field goal would have continued our momentum and ultimately been the difference in the outcome of that game - all subsequent play being the same.

My hope is that our next QB is unshaken and can perform at a high level when it matters most in our biggest games.

Advertisement
Word from some people I know who are friends with him said he didn't have a great relationship with Richt. They said Richt was hard on him and blamed him for a lot of the offense's problems. One friend even told me Kaaya had allegedly stated, "I'd rather get drafted in the 7th round or sign as a free agent then play under Richt again". To top it off, Kaaya had given that friend his new cell phone number because he was getting a new phone for after the draft. This was like 3 or 4 days ago.

better than he found it? we were 9-4 the year before he took over lol the 4 losses came with duke and dorsett injured and morris playing on one leg.

That team finished on a four-game losing streak with a lineup full of NFL starters. This team finished on a five-game winning streak and has positive momentum in the off-season for the first time in a decade.

he is the reason for how many loses? kid has choked over and over again. sorry. morris who i bashed at least had a clutch gene

If you bashing him for leaving then you are being selfish. Who's to say we won't have a repeat performance of the oline in that 4 game losing streak? Or kaaya won't play good next year allowing scouts to scrutinize his game even further.... if his draft stock dropped are you going to give him the millions he would've had he went out a year earlier? No so you shouldn't judge this decision. Kaaya is who he is. Don't think if he came back another year that his draft stock would have increased... this is a weak qb draft and he happens to be one of the better ones so why not leave early...

Most of y'all don't like kaaya anyway so I don't even know why y'all saying he should have stayed now...

Last edited:
Advertisement

he is the reason for how many loses? kid has choked over and over again. sorry. morris who i bashed at least had a clutch gene

You just tried to claim that this season was somehow equivalent to the 2013 season. Spot comiting wverywhere

Word from some people I know who are friends with him said he didn't have a great relationship with Richt. They said Richt was hard on him and blamed him for a lot of the offense's problems. One friend even told me Kaaya had allegedly stated, "I'd rather get drafted in the 7th round or sign as a free agent then play under Richt again". To top it off, Kaaya had given that friend his new cell phone number because he was getting a new phone for after the draft. This was like 3 or 4 days ago.

I believe this.

Gundy has his QB coming back to Oklahoma State.
Smart has Chubb AND Michel coming back to UGA
Leach has Falk going back to Washington State
Stoops has Mayfield coming back (for now)

If Kaaya was clicking with Richt, he'd trust him to further develop him.

Advertisement
I don't believe NONE OF THAT **** lmao

I believe this.

Gundy has his QB coming back to Oklahoma State.
Smart has Chubb AND Michel coming back to UGA
Leach has Falk going back to Washington State
Stoops has Mayfield coming back (for now)

If Kaaya was clicking with Richt, he'd trust him to further develop him.

Well that's a **** shame if the kid can't take some criticism. Time to move onto the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back