Kaaya 40

Advertisement
He really runs a 5.5?!?! That's lineman speed… Pete, is your boy hurt or something?

Eh... at least he won't take off and run at the first sign of trouble.

How fast was Dorsey? Serious question.

I wouldn't mind it if he was faster but I'd rather he have a strong accurate arm with the smarts to know where to put it on any given play. Golden and Coley can focus on surrounding him with speed.

we never cared...and never found out..worked out just fine....

The QB needs to be fast enough to drop back and look for targets. Anything after that means that we have failed.

Advertisement
470.jpg

the new game calls for some sort of athleticism at qb… at least shifty enough to avoid rush (hopefully he has this)… if you can make plays with your legs when things break down, even better.

love how people automatically go to Tom Brady/Peyton Manning references

Love how people think a 40 time would indicate shiftyness.

I've got a koala bear who is faster than Kaaya. The Kaayala Bear couldn't beat Paul Dee in a foot race.

Advertisement
A) Dorsey was just fast enough to run to the end zone to celebrate after hitting an always wide open Shockey to put us up about 40 on whoever decided to get embarrassed that week.

B) Nothing to worry about with Kaaya. We were never sold on his ability to run. Nonetheless, the only reason this time was so slow is because he's a Cali kid and hadn't been exposed to some of our finer culinary treats here. Kid ate like 40 pastelitos de queso that morning and then shows up to Greentree and Alfred has the stopwatch out. It's not like our staff ever eats just one.

I've got a koala bear who is faster than Kaaya. The Kaayala Bear couldn't beat Paul Dee in a foot race.

True. From his film it sure looks like he is pretty quick, with good footwork going 5 yards to his left, right and forward.

I'm pretty sure his lasers can travel 40 yards much quicker than most other 18 year old qb's.

I think part of the shock regarding his 40 time is his skin color. I guess it goes to show how few people have actually seen these kids play--yet they anoint or disparage them before they're ever on campus.

Advertisement
Dorsey was a cheetah compared to Kosar. Smart QB with decent arm, accurate throws, nice touch, and ice water in veins-- that is what I want. Vinny was probably the best QB we even had. Huge arm, ox strong, fantastic mobility(see OU scramble), tough as nails -- Heisman but no NC despite unbelievable talent around him. I love Vinny, but I want NCs.

My favorite was Steve Walsh. Just a phenomenal QB in the biggest games.

All brad needs to have is pocket presence to be able to side step the rush to be able to throw the ball down the field

Advertisement
A large percentage of the best pro style QBs of all time were slow in the 40. Brady, Manning, Marino, Montana, Aikman, Fouts, not to mention all of our great ones except Vinny.

It's low on the priority list of skills you're seeking in a pro style QB.

From the comments I can see most don't know how slow 5.5 is. Dorsey ran in the 4.7/4.8 range.

Kaaya can't run fast enough to get out of his own shadow...

A large percentage of the best pro style QBs of all time were slow in the 40. Brady, Manning, Marino, Montana, Aikman, Fouts, not to mention all of our great ones except Vinny.

It's low on the priority list of skills you're seeking in a pro style QB.

Feel is what you want to have in a PRO style QB. Quick release and feel and the ability to shuffle around in the pocket.

But ****, 5.5 is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Advertisement
Back