Juwan Mitchell, Texas LB - possible next portal take?

People continue to sleep on Flagg. Dude has lost weight and changed his body. He’s only been here one year
I think Flagg can/will be productive, but I’d like to see depth and that means having productive upper classmen at all positions and the ability to use freshmen and sophomores in specific situations. So not a knock on Flagg as much as a knock on our recruiting which requires Flagg to get so much time even when he wasn’t really ready last year physically.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I said it was an educated guess, from what I’ve been told and the names mentioned.
He wouldn’t make sense. They have somebody who’d jump in but they want to see what their first option does and see who else enters the portal before they make a decision. I’ve been saying the same thing for a a month or two. I could see a few guys in the portal , a lb ( highly likely ) , de ( possible ) and a guard ( possible).
So as far as the OL, do they not trust Rivers in pass protection?

Advertisement

This the only thing that bothers me a tad. “Miami could be sticking with what they have” hopefully that’s just a soft let down lol I like the guys we got but they need more time to develop. In my opinion we a LB and a DE away from competing in the top 10

Well Manny can't tell Mitchell their waiting on better prospects.

You might if you're competing with others for the limited available resources. If you can guarantee me the sirloin will be there waiting for me in two weeks fine. If not the ground beef might have to do.
Yep...lol....mess around thinking ur big time and lose out on the sirloin AND ground beef.....now ur stuck with the vienna sausage and crackers ur sick of eating 🤣

Advertisement
Would of loved to be a fly on the wall during defensive recruiting over the past 5 years...

Might be the worst LBs I’ve ever seen at UM.

Golden landed better Lbs and arguments can be made for DBs. Manny doesn’t know what he’s looking clearly

I said it was an educated guess, from what I’ve been told and the names mentioned.
He wouldn’t make sense. They have somebody who’d jump in but they want to see what their first option does and see who else enters the portal before they make a decision. I’ve been saying the same thing for a a month or two. I could see a few guys in the portal , a lb ( highly likely ) , de ( possible ) and a guard ( possible).
Would they take a center if someone really good was I'm there? Or is Gaynor just going to get it by default?

Advertisement
Would of loved to be a fly on the wall during defensive recruiting over the past 5 years...

Might be the worst LBs I’ve ever seen at UM.

Golden landed better Lbs and arguments can be made for DBs. Manny doesn’t know what he’s looking clearly
While I completely agree with you I think If Steed never gets hurt he’d be a 3 year starter.

Because he’s not a south Florida kid that’s why people sleep on him. I’m expecting good things from Flagg this season.
For me, it has nothing to do with him not being from south florida. It has to do with the fact that i have barely seen any plays where the dude
makes a tackle within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. Show me his highlights from last year please. prove me wrong. He got a ton of playing time, and would go long periods of time of not being in on any plays. All the linebackers last year sucked. He did too. Spring game looked the same to me. I think he was in on one play. Someone posted on here the other day something like, " Flagg often is not noticed and that means he is doing a good job". Not in my boat. In my experience as a canes fan since 1982 when we have a good MLB you hear about, you see them, they are making plays all game. i trust Cribby's and others point of view on football. I could be wrong and he could be extremely good at setting the defense, making calls, but what i am seeing during the play is him getting washed or unable to use his speed to get to the ball carrier. I hope he turns it around. He is a cane, and i will root for all of our guys. I just think, and it seems like our coaches do as well, that he is not the answer. at MLB.

on a positive note- how bout Keontra?

Advertisement
Back