Juwan Mitchell, Texas LB - possible next portal take?

Advertisement
Spring SEMESTER, not Spring FOOTBALL.

These kids have to remain academically eligible, and make academic progress. Let them finish their exams first.
This.

The one thing thats concerning is a lot of kids held out until now because everyone expected the icā€™s spots to have been updated. If something doesnā€™t happen kids will be stuck at the school they want to leave or in the portal. Only the quality players or players thatā€™s reached out and good enough to get picked up will have spots. There was talk of this being done in Jan or February at the latest. Unreal.

By the end of spring and nothing has changed it could be risky to enter the portal. Only those with guaranteed homes will bounce. Maybe the ncaa is doing it on purpose to keep the last wave gown.

This.

The one thing thats concerning is a lot of kids held out until now because everyone expected the icā€™s spots to have been updated. If something doesnā€™t happen kids will be stuck at the school they want to leave or in the portal. Only the quality players or players thatā€™s reached out and good enough to get picked up will have spots. There was talk of this being done in Jan or February at the latest. Unreal.

By the end of spring and nothing has changed it could be risky to enter the portal. Only those with guaranteed homes will bounce. Maybe the ncaa is doing it on purpose to keep the last wave gown.

Well, then, it has to go back to the ORIGINAL intention of the Portal, which is that if you enter your name in the Portal, it just allows you to TALK to other schools.

Somehow, someone needs to take the initiative to stop schools from punishing Portal kids financially and acting like they have already left school.

Let's not forget, Jeff Thomas came back (just from a structural standpoint, I know some were not happy that he did, but HE COULD COME BACK).

This.

That last point is what I think is going on. It's another way to control the kids. They have the whole masquerade of "Oh we let them transfer without penalty now" while at the same time completely discouraging most future kids from moving after they see how badly other kids get screwed in the process (other than the stars, as you said).

Advertisement
It's a super complicated decision, assuming the numbers don't change from the NCAA. If you get five kids a year from the portal, and they only stay one year each, then that's hard to sustain after three or four years. Just run the math. But, if you are a coach on the hot seat, and you recruit in a great market full of front-running divas, you know that if you win big for a few years the high school recruits will follow (plus you know you'll keep your job).

At this point, NFL quality linebackers or defensive ends, of course. Back up guards, no.

I agree but Iā€™ll take meh over the mess we had last year lol. I want to get greedy but Iā€™ll take average over terrible all day everyday and twice on Sunday
Thereā€™s better options than meh. Yā€™all are acting like youā€™re at the grocery store, hungry and shopping. You never grocery shop hungry.

Thereā€™s better options than meh. Yā€™all are acting like youā€™re at the grocery store, hungry and shopping. You never grocery shop hungry.
You might if you're competing with others for the limited available resources. If you can guarantee me the sirloin will be there waiting for me in two weeks fine. If not the ground beef might have to do.

Advertisement
You feed a dog kibbles everyday all it takes is one taste of some actual food and they want it! Thatā€™s how I feel lol give me anything better than what we got but Iā€™ll try to be patient

Advertisement
Advertisement
If we're being real the USC LB is significantly better then this guy. He could gives us what Shaq did.
If he could give us what Shaq did we probably woulda seen it at USC already. He also doesnā€™t fit the ā€œwe wanna get faster at LBā€ stuff weā€™ve heard

Cribs: Is there an expected timeline when the Sirloin Steak will be ready to make his decision? What is the timeframe we are looking at to getting the MLB? Thanks.

Iā€™m not big on him either but Iā€™d take over this guy. Ironically Texas has been rumored to be the team expected to get him.
He's an upgrade over what they had in mitchell. Poor in coverage but he's a thumper and would be a big upgrade in the run game. Very similar player to Shaq.

Advertisement
Back