Justin Medlock to visit. (COMMITS!!!)

My boy put me on he from Sunnyside he used to say the same thing. Once I tried I was hooked lol
Ooooh y’all in TX, I lived in Desoto for the previous 4 years. I have to ask my Houston peeps about it.
But there is a San Antonio FL right outside of Polk county and a South Park area too… but no Timmy.

Advertisement
Ooooh y’all in TX, I lived in Desoto for the previous 4 years. I have to ask my Houston peeps about it.
But there is a San Antonio FL right outside of Polk county and a South Park area too… but no Timmy.

Lol yeah im in texas but ill be moving back to Florida end of the year or early spring. I did pass San Antonio, FL driving back Sunday off 75.

Southpark houston is on the SE between Pearland and Missouri City and Timmy Chang is a Chinese food chain 😄

Lol yeah im in texas but ill be moving back to Florida end of the year or early spring. I did pass San Antonio, FL driving back Sunday off 75.

Southpark houston is on the SE between Pearland and Missouri City and Timmy Chang is a Chinese food chain 😄
The only thing I miss about TX is the food. Man them fat asses can cook.

Advertisement
I've been asking for stats on the kid since his name popped up on CIS. Where are you reading this? I especially want to see his short shuttle. My biggest question about him is burst. He's got a lot to like. Just not sure he goes from 0-60 quickly enough. Film doesn't show it, at least to me.
The athletic did an entire piece on him. Supposedly runs a 4.5. Also mentioned how he blew the Miami staff away with his knowledge of coverages which probably stems from the fact that they run a complex 4-2-5 which is almost identical to what TCU runs. His coaches are telling him he's tailor made for our scheme.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I watched his sophomore highlights . #1 takeaway is that HUDL is loooonnnnngggg. Which means he's a playmaker.

Medlock is a true LB, so we won't have any issue with him taking 2-3 years to convert from rush end, and we've seen how hard that is to do. He's built really well, has enough speed to close the gap on RBs in the second level and scrambling QBs, so he's not slow. He's faster than Flagg when comparing HUDLs. I especially like his ability to diagnose the play quickly and always get to the ball.

His negatives still show up. He doesn't have a good first step, and it's not just due to reading the play. Even on clear blitz situations, he is no faster than anyone on the defense off the ball, including the nose tackle. He seems to be fine after that first step, but he's not bursty either. We saw Keontra close that gap in a finger snap during the Spring Game. Or Phillips get-off from the edge. Medlock doesn't have that.

All in all, I think he'll make a great add to the class. He'll cover his zone well, give us what Shaq brought us. Super solid. High floor but ceiling's not Day 1 / Day 2.

I watched his sophomore highlights . #1 takeaway is that HUDL is loooonnnnngggg. Which means he's a playmaker.

Medlock is a true LB, so we won't have any issue with him taking 2-3 years to convert from rush end, and we've seen how hard that is to do. He's built really well, has enough speed to close the gap on RBs in the second level and scrambling QBs, so he's not slow. He's faster than Flagg when comparing HUDLs. I especially like his ability to diagnose the play quickly and always get to the ball.

His negatives still show up. He doesn't have a good first step, and it's not just due to reading the play. Even on clear blitz situations, he is no faster than anyone on the defense off the ball, including the nose tackle. He seems to be fine after that first step, but he's not bursty either. We saw Keontra close that gap in a finger snap during the Spring Game. Or Phillips get-off from the edge. Medlock doesn't have that.

All in all, I think he'll make a great add to the class. He'll cover his zone well, give us what Shaq brought us. Super solid. High floor but ceiling's not Day 1 / Day 2.
I definitely noticed the lack of explosiveness too. I think his speed can be somewhat improved, but I like the take considering his football IQ & knowing he has advanced knowledge of a similar scheme to ours.

I definitely noticed the lack of explosiveness too. I think his speed can be somewhat improved, but I like the take considering his football IQ & knowing he has advanced knowledge of a similar scheme to ours.
That why he‘s a 3 star. Lacks the speed/twitch that you need to be a 4 or 5 Despite having the size. Have to take some of these kids but we need to hit on them as well.

I read somewhere he had 100+ tackles as sophomore. Sometimes all you need is a knack for knowing meeting the ball carrier to be successful in CFB.

Advertisement
Back