Justin Medlock to visit. (COMMITS!!!)

Idk about average tackling ability… if you have 117 tackles as a sophomore and make all-state in TX you don’t have average tackles ability. I would say above average which can become top notch with good coaching (hope we can provide that). A few years back our defensive strength was our tackling and after Diaz left (as DC) that fell off. Look for tackling to improve again and 9 plus guys at the ball swarming again! I think this dude is a baller and I am a former LB who made it to CFL level and coached LBs for a few years afterwards. I know what a good LB looks like. I think he will be better than anyone on roster right now when it’s all said and done. There’s a reason he has all these offers.
Agree with your assessment. Kid is a take.

Advertisement
Sophomore clips are better than 3-game junior clip. Anybody have verified numbers?

Reading the 247 117 tackles 3.5 sacks 5 pbu and 2 fr as a sophomore and all 1st team district in houston.

Pretty sure if he didn't get hurt he'd be a high ranking four star look like he was doing well before the injury occurred.

I just see a guy that needs a college weight program...checks all the other boxes...don't get the hate.

Zero hate. But I question his burst and speed. Like Flagg, it won't hurt us in the majority of our games. But against Top 10-15 teams, lack of explosiveness will get exposed. ... Would love to see some legit numbers for him.

Advertisement
Not a freak athlete and isn't going to knock your head off, but has good instincts. Slippery in space and at avoiding blockers. Knows how to fill running lanes. Good in zone. High floor, lower ceiling type of guy, but definitely a pure LB and a take.

Advertisement
Advertisement
At 1:55 he blows up a screen 🤯🤯

He fills gaps left by DTs with pure intentions. He reminds me of Pinckney as previously said but the difference is that he doesn’t just guess and run himself out of plays if he is wrong. Pinck made decisions and went 100% with them win or lose. This dude has some patience and confidence in his read and react abilities. He is a cross between Pinck and Quarterman. He has both of their strong traits in one LB.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back