Justin Medlock to visit. (COMMITS!!!)

Advertisement
He’s also a true Mike which compliments Bissainthe. I wanted Tolan as well because of his size, but these two are a really strong LB class and they will work together well.
yea i love tolans tape and honestly tolan's comments made me think he wanted to play in the sec with that "big boy football" bull**** but I think they will struggle a lot this year and maybe we could double back around. also we need improvement from our lb corp to sell obviously.

Advertisement
yea i love tolans tape and honestly tolan's comments made me think he wanted to play in the sec with that "big boy football" bull**** but I think they will struggle a lot this year and maybe we could double back around. also we need improvement from our lb corp to sell obviously.
Agreed. I’d expect we continue to recruit Tolan. I think we made it pretty close at the end.

It’s amazing to recruit LBs who can play in coverage with enough athleticism to still blitz

I’m tired of these past few years recruiting tweener HS DEs and projecting them to LB

You have it half right. Recruiting tweener Safeties and projecting them to LB isnt a bad idea. If a guy can run, hit, and cover but is a little undersized, I don't have a problem with recruiting him then giving him a RS and time in the weight room. I think Keontra Smith is going to be a pleasant surprise to a lot of people. More and more DCs are going to a positionless defense. One of the coaches making a lot of use of that is Patterson at TCU. Diaz seems to borrow a lot of defensive concepts and philosophy from Patterson and I wouldn't be surprised if he is watching a lot of TCU film and incorporating that into the D like he did the 4-2-5.

You have it half right. Recruiting tweener Safeties and projecting them to LB isnt a bad idea. If a guy can run, hit, and cover but is a little undersized, I don't have a problem with recruiting him then giving him a RS and time in the weight room. I think Keontra Smith is going to be a pleasant surprise to a lot of people. More and more DCs are going to a positionless defense. One of the coaches making a lot of use of that is Patterson at TCU. Diaz seems to borrow a lot of defensive concepts and philosophy from Patterson and I wouldn't be surprised if he is watching a lot of TCU film and incorporating that into the D like he did the 4-2-5.
I think we’ve been doing that since the “striker” position got implemented…

we took the Sam backer role off because Mccloud was getting destroyed in coverage

either way.. finding “jumbo” safety’s who aren’t athletic enough for S and having them swap down to LB would be great even if they only play at 225-235lb range you don’t need 250lb V.Burfict LBs in the college game… you need range and sure tackling in space

Advertisement
I'll just say this, I'm 💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯💯% on board with this MEDLOCK fella 🤗😁😉🥳🙌🏾🔥😎💚🧡💪🏾🙏🏾
schitts creek oh snap GIF by CBC

Highlight is meh no hitting power average tackling ability but looks comfortable in space… I can see why he has an offer bc he plays in a similar scheme but doesn’t upgrade the position.
Agree.If this is really going to be a smaller class around 18,it makes no sense to sign 3 LBs which would give us 11 and only 2 play at the same time.Sign Wesley and flip A.Allen both faster than Medlock.

Advertisement
Highlight is meh no hitting power average tackling ability but looks comfortable in space… I can see why he has an offer bc he plays in a similar scheme but doesn’t upgrade the position.
Idk about average tackling ability… if you have 117 tackles as a sophomore and make all-state in TX you don’t have average tackles ability. I would say above average which can become top notch with good coaching (hope we can provide that). A few years back our defensive strength was our tackling and after Diaz left (as DC) that fell off. Look for tackling to improve again and 9 plus guys at the ball swarming again! I think this dude is a baller and I am a former LB who made it to CFL level and coached LBs for a few years afterwards. I know what a good LB looks like. I think he will be better than anyone on roster right now when it’s all said and done. There’s a reason he has all these offers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back