Justin Medlock to visit. (COMMITS!!!)

Medlock reminds of of a very young Mike Singletary (5' 11")​

Singletary was not especially large for a middle linebacker, he was only 5" 11", but he played the position with an intensity few have matched. He was both a cerebral student of the game and one of the NFL’s most ferocious hitters. For 12 seasons, Singletary held his post and anyone who crossed his path paid the price. He made 10 Pro Bowls and seven All-Pro teams in his Hall of Fame career, and the Associated Press named him Defensive Player of the Year twice. In 1985, as a key part of Buddy Ryan’s legendary 46 defense, Singletary helped bring home the first and only Lombardi Trophy in Bears history. The ’85 Bears are known today as one of the greatest defenses of all time.

Years With Bears: 12
Accolades With Bears
  • 10x Pro Bowls
  • 7x All-Pro Teams
  • Pro Football Hall of Fame, Class of 1998
  • Super Bowl Champion, 1985
  • 1985 Defensive Player of the Year
  • 1988 Defensive Player of the Year
HOF LB Mike Singletary would have gotten smoked against Today's modern spread offenses. He was to slow to play in place. As will Medlock get toasted on occasion who lacks the excellent to very good speed needed to be a top tier P5 LB'er. Hence why was a very good plan C option for schools like UM, OU, and Texas.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
HOF LB Mike Singletary would have gotten smoked against Today's modern spread offenses. He was to slow to play in place.

Go Canes
I love your posts my brother but this guy Medlock is not slow and Singletary was not Butkus. That brother could move as well. What we need in MLB is an instinctual player, exactly what singletary had. He was IMO, the most instinctual and cerebral MLB to ever play. 10 pro bowls in 12 seasons is proof.

I love your posts my brother but this guy Medlock is not slow and Singletary was not Butkus. That brother could move as well. What we need in MLB is an instinctual player, exactly what singletary had. He was IMO, the most instinctual and cerebral MLB to ever play. 10 pro bowls in 12 seasons is proof.

Passing teams like Miami, Houston, and Minnesota were able to exploit Singletary.

Go Canes

Passing teams like Miami, Houston, and Minnesota were able to exploit Singletary.

Go Canes

Paramos, with all due respect, Miami, Houston and Minnesota passed on everyone during that time period. If he was so bad then why did he make All pro 10 of his 12 years. If we can get just 50% of the instincts of singletary then we would have a competent MLB. that is all I am asking for.

I think a lot of all time great LBs might struggle in some aspects of in game if we being totally honest. We’ve had a combo of missed evaluations, Injuries and flat out not being to stack guys after those adverse situations hit that group

Advertisement
Paramos, with all due respect, Miami, Houston and Minnesota passed on everyone during that time period. If he was so bad then why did he make All pro 10 of his 12 years. If we can get just 50% of the instincts of singletary then we would have a competent MLB. that is all I am asking for.

Don't get me wrong Mike Singeltary was one of the greatest LB'S, I am just saying his Achilles heel was playing in space, same with Medlock. Medlock tends to breifly hesitate when diagnosing play, those few seconds of hesitation at the P5 level will get you beat against quality players.

Go Canes

Don't get me wrong Mike Singeltary was one of the greatest LB'S, I am just saying his Achilles heel was playing in space, same with Medlock. Medlock tends to breifly hesitate when diagnosing play, those few seconds of hesitation at the P5 level will get you beat against quality players.

Go Canes
Thank you for your opinion

Advertisement

Go Canes

Mike Singletary was an absolute beast in Tecmo Bowl.

It's been a long time but I remember him being the third best defensive player in the game.

1: Lawrence Taylor
2: Howie Long
3. Mike Singletary

This guy might bust but it’s unfair to say Singletary couldn’t play in space… he very may have been able to but that wasn’t a prevalent offense at the time so it wouldn’t have been his focus… I’m sure a dude with that level of talent could have figured it out. It’d be like dinging a modern lber for not being good against the wishbone, who runs that **** now?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back